Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, PerfectChaos said:

Just checked the maps and it looks like there's actually two in act 1, and five in act 2. 

http://www.soniczone0.com/games/sonic3/downloads/s3-mgz-act1map.png

http://www.soniczone0.com/games/sonic3/downloads/s3-mgz-act2map.png

Wooooow...

WAY off then...

Yeesh, need to go back and replay sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an element of the stage, how many loops like that there were doesn't matter...

So that means Marble Garden Zone is not in the game.

Good, I need Hydrocity

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is my guess for stage amounts. 2 from each game, with 3& K as one, and 5 for the heavies, 1 for Eggman.

Sonic 1 - 2 levels

Sonic 2 - 2 Levels

Sonic 3K - 2 levels

Sonic CD - 2 levels

Heavies - 5 levels

Eggman - 1 level

6/8 matches the ratio, and would mean a total of 14 zones.

1 minute ago, Joseph Mello said:

Good, I need Hydrocity

Has there been any word/hints toward it one way or the other by chance?

I don't watch the streams but I know Mr. Webber likes to try clarifying things like this in some form albeit in a way that avoids NDA drama.

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Has there been any word/hints toward it one way or the other by chance?

I don't watch the streams but I know Mr. Webber likes to try clarifying things like this in some form albeit in a way that avoids NDA drama.

Well, if there are music problems with the last 3, and marble garden and angel island aren't getting in, this would basically comfirm Hydrocity 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Psychicmoose103 said:

Well, if there are music problems with the last 3, and marble garden and angel island aren't getting in, this would basically comfirm Hydrocity 

How much longer until the music issue is a non-issue?

After so many years doesn't the company get the right to use music from past games however they see fit?

Not to mention the music that IS an issue was basically a bunch of remakes/remixes of pre-existing songs, can't that be used to gain rights too?

6 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

How much longer until the music issue is a non-issue?

"How longs a piece of string"

It sounds like a very complex situation. A lot of legal stuff has gone down apparently.

Fuck knows if the music rights will ever be resolved. I do hope so. I WANT MY SONIC 3 REMASTERED XD

Oh and Chris, you don't have to keep saying "Mr Webber". Call him Aaron or by his internet name "RubyEclipse" :D

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, OcelotBot said:

"How longs a piece of string"

It sounds like a very complex situation. A lot of legal stuff has gone down apparently.

Fuck knows if the music rights will ever be resolved. I do hope so. I WANT MY SONIC 3 REMASTERED XD

I just know the music that's an issue isn't one-on-one with the originals. There are differences not only in how they sound but also tweaks to the arrangements unless I'm just listening wrong.

There should be enough differences in the versions in-game and the originals that there shouldn't be any issue with the usage of the music but... I don't know.

Stardust Speedway confirmed and it's the past version no less, which I'm pretty cool with. Can't wait to see how they've changed things up with it in terms of level design. Here's hoping Hydrocity Zone gets picked. So with the talk of that cathedral/castle stage that was sorta revealed on that poster, it makes sense for one of the Heavies (the one holding the ball-and-chain) to be a medieval-styled robot. I'm looking forward for that Ninja stage as well with the ninja-style Heavy. I guess with that magican/circus ringleader, it will be some kind of circus/amusement park type of stage. Just guessing about that one though.

Man, the game is gonna be coming out in three months (unless there's another delay but I kinda doubt that) and I'm just ever so psyche to finally get my hands on it! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

There's a similar section in Marble Garden. Shame they only put one of those in. I liked that pillar. Yes, I'm weird. 

You're not the only one, I do too. I like MG.

23 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Good, I need Hydrocity

Yeah, good point. If MG is not in Mania then it's nice of them to include this section to reference the stage. Knowing Team Mania they'll probably include at least one reference to every classic stage which they don't use.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, OcelotBot said:

You're not the only one, I do too. I like MG.

Yeah, good point. If MG is not in Mania then it's nice of them to include this section to reference the stage. Knowing Team Mania they'll probably include at least one reference to every classic stage which they don't use.

Did we saw a gimmick from another stage in Flying Battery? Because Green Hill has references to Emerald Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Did we saw a gimmick from another stage in Flying Battery? Because Green Hill has references to Emerald Hill.

One of the gimmicks in the new footage of FB shown a few weeks back reminds me of a gimmick in Tidal Tempest, but it's different enough in that I think it's just a coincidence.

We haven't see enough of FB yet to see if it references any other stages. Although (as I said in a recent post) what appears to be a new boss fight in the Mania version was originally from Sonic 2's Wing Fortress and then used again in S&K's FB. So we could rule out Wing Fortress from Sonic 2 (not that I ever expect that stage to be in Mania).

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh! That reminds me. Stardust Speedway has that vine thing from Mushroom Hill, so that's also not in Mania.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Joseph Mello said:

Oh! That reminds me. Stardust Speedway has that vine thing from Mushroom Hill, so that's also not in Mania.

giphy.gif

Well spotted!!

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've pre-ordered the PS4 version but I didn't get the themes or avatars. Does anyone know why?

• Thumbs Up 1

If they were to go with another stage from S&K, it would have to be Lava Reef. Flying Battery is comfirmed, we have mirage saloon so no Sandopolis, mushroom hill isn't getting in, and sky sanctuary was in generations. Maybe Death Egg but I think Lava Reef would be more likely

I'd like Sky Sanctuary (again)

I think there's a final new zone which is just bosses, after those 5. But new and old zones are likely mixed up in the playthrough, I wonder how the story will explain that...

Plus, does Knuckles have different routes or does he simply start from a different spot? I... think I saw breakable walls exclusive to Knuckles in Mirage Saloon.

7 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

I'd like Sky Sanctuary (again)

I think there's a final new zone which is just bosses, after those 5. But new and old zones are likely mixed up in the playthrough, I wonder how the story will explain that...

Plus, does Knuckles have different routes or does he simply start from a different spot? I... think I saw breakable walls exclusive to Knuckles in Mirage Saloon.

Well, assuming this has zone transitions, which i'm sure it will, I could see them using the Tornado to get to different islands, little planet, ect.

I'd like Sky Sanctuary (and Chemical Plant) again too, but I feel like it would be better to let other zones get a spotlight

Mirage Saloon also has those glass blobs from Colision Chaos, so also deconfirmed (Thank god)

18-sonic_cd-collision-chaos-boss.png

And that's a stretch, but Studiopolis has those things that move from Scrap Brain, Labryinth, Metalic Madness, and Metropolis (???). That's a big stretch, but maybe...

hqdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just thought I post the live reaction to the new trailer from cobanermani456. His live reactons are always good.

Here's another good one

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

So I've pre-ordered the PS4 version but I didn't get the themes or avatars. Does anyone know why?

I've got the same problem. No idea why.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Mello said:

The giant fans that create updrafts are from Wing Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 4