Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

It's quite possibly the only thing I don't like from Youtubers, as it just seems like an excuse to overreact on purpose. How loud you can shout out "OH MY GOOOOOD!" every few seconds. I admit you can get some good ones, but mostly it's just exactly as I've said.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

How much longer until the music issue is a non-issue?

After so many years doesn't the company get the right to use music from past games however they see fit?

Not to mention the music that IS an issue was basically a bunch of remakes/remixes of pre-existing songs, can't that be used to gain rights too?

The problematic S3&K music almost certainly falls partly or entirely under the ownership of the original artists, or else we wouldn't have this problem, and as such it would be covered by standard copyright rulings.  The music issue will become a non-issue seventy years after everyone involved with its creation is dead.

Just now, FFWF said:

The problematic S3&K music almost certainly falls partly or entirely under the ownership of the original artists, or else we wouldn't have this problem, and as such it would be covered by standard copyright rulings.  The music issue will become a non-issue seventy years after everyone involved with its creation is dead.

They really need to overhaul that kind of stuff, that's ridiculous...

18 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

It's quite possibly the only thing I don't like from Youtubers, as it just seems like an excuse to overreact on purpose. How loud you can shout out "OH MY GOOOOOD!" every few seconds. I admit you can get some good ones, but mostly it's just exactly as I've said.

I don't like "fake" reactions. THOSE you can tell are emphasized purposely and are annoying. But with the right eye you can tell legitimate/earnest reactions from fake ones.

I enjoy the legitimate reactions.

20 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

So which platform do you guys think Sonic Mania will sell the most on?

Realistically, it would be something like:

1. Steam.

2. Switch.

3. PS4.

4. Xbox One.

I'm personally getting the PS4 version.

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

https://strawpoll.com/z2fz3gx

Made a little poll to see what platform will people get Sonic Mania on, you can choose multiple options if you're deciding on double dipping.

The poll has been up for 1 hour only and it seems that my predictions are fairly accurate.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, molul said:

Not trying to be a dick, but someone else's live reactions Youtube videos are probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen from Youtubers. Seriously, I don't get it.

I ican agree with that. But you point out the reason its there. Young fans like that stuff. Especially the video linked in you quoted. He has a large young following. You can read the comments on some of his stuff from being called cute to seeing  those reactions to earnest. I agree I have yet to be able to do a reaction video nor understand them. I get excited just like anyone else seeing new trailers of any game especially mania and forces. But im not going to lie to myself or others and act as if someone just walked to my door and offered me a 10 million dollar check bouncing around in my seat, holding my head, and yelling the entire trailer. But many live to see fake reactions cause it makes them feel a part of that persons fake life.

If you think its bad now wait till closer to release or the next trailer and the next 10 to 60 videos of "reactions"

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Mania Pipe said:

Stardust Speedway confirmed and it's the present version no less, which I'm pretty cool with.

It's the Past version.

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

I mean they already technically did, which is why SEGA can freely use music from all the games beyond the original three without having to pay royalties/deal with copyright stuff.  But they can't undo contracts that were signed back in the 90's without getting those same people to resign a new agreement... and one of those people is dead now.

On another note, I doubt they'd ever do it FOR this reason but... if it turned out Stardust Speedway had no time travel elements and was entirely set in the Past... that'd solve the issue for Tee Lopes of whether or not to provide coverage of the US Sonic CD soundtrack in some fashion huh?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

The poll has been up for 1 hour only and it seems that my predictions are fairly accurate.

Say...

Help a fella out with a few horse races and the lotto? I'll split ya 50-50!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

So I've pre-ordered the PS4 version but I didn't get the themes or avatars. Does anyone know why?

2 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

I've got the same problem. No idea why.

That sucks. I did get them but I had trouble finding the avatars at first. I had to go edit my profile and and select "Change Avatar" through the PlayStation app.

Hope it gets sorted out for you guys. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

That sucks. I did get them but I had trouble finding the avatars at first. I had to go edit my profile and and select "Change Avatar" through the PlayStation app.

A shame there's no such incentives for the Switch, it has Avatars too.

Should be capable of alternate themes if the 3DS is anything to go by. Probably just not a feature put in yet.

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

A shame there's no such incentives for the Switch, it has Avatars too.

Should be capable of alternate themes if the 3DS is anything to go by. Probably just not a feature put in yet.

I don't believe it's available for digital pre-order on the Switch yet, but Aaron said he was looking into including the themes/avatars in the collector's edition, so the Switch could get them that way. 

Just now, Sonicfan7 said:

I don't believe it's available for digital pre-order on the Switch yet, but Aaron said he was looking into including the themes/avatars in the collector's edition, so the Switch could get them that way. 

It depends if themes are available on the Switch by that time. The avatars are likely a sure-thing however.

32 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Did the themes just appear in your themes list right after you pre-ordered the game? Or did they appear in the downloads list first?

Just now, Detective Kaito said:

Did the themes just appear in your themes list right after you pre-ordered the game? Or did they appear in the downloads list first?

You guys are making the PS4 sound complicated. O_o

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

In the downloads list. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, it probably won't have an effect in that stage...maybe give that plant enemy a different death animation. If you're lucky...if lucky.

8 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I don't like "fake" reactions. THOSE you can tell are emphasized purposely and are annoying. But with the right eye you can tell legitimate/earnest reactions from fake ones.

I enjoy the legitimate reactions.

Fake/overreacted or not, I just don't get it. I rather spend the time I would spend on watching someone else reactions, to react myself to many other things life offers me.

And sorry for the offtopic. I'm stopping here :)

On 5/24/2017 at 3:21 PM, Gabe said:

New attempt by Master Emerald (Retro) at clearing up the image. Arguably the best attempt we've gotten now at getting a clear shot of it.

DAm7uS5XkAAMADs.jpg

Y'know, I thought of somethin' (and I've seen this theory on YT). Stardust Speedway, Act 2 showed a very beautiful cathedral. Could that screenshot be a part of Stardust Speedway?

13 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Y'know, I thought of somethin' (and I've seen this theory on YT). Stardust Speedway, Act 2 showed a very beautiful cathedral. Could that screenshot be a part of Stardust Speedway?

It doesn't look like part of Speedway's past version, the colors are completely different. However, if SS has time travel in Mania this could be from the good/bad future, maybe.

Honestly, I think it's from a new zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just remembered: Aquatic Ruin was in the debut trailer, along with Green Hill and Flying Battery. I'd say there's a 90% chance that it's in the game. There are going to be at least 7 classic stages now, so it's very likely that Sonic 2 will get another stage represented. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2017 at 0:21 PM, Gabe said:

New attempt by Master Emerald (Retro) at clearing up the image. Arguably the best attempt we've gotten now at getting a clear shot of it.

DAm7uS5XkAAMADs.jpg

After looking at it again, I realized that it's not as similar as I thought, but when I saw this image my first thought was Egg Garden Zone from Retro Sonic:

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Just remembered: Aquatic Ruin was in the debut trailer, along with Green Hill and Flying Battery. I'd say there's a 90% chance that it's in the game. There are going to be at least 7 classic stages now, so it's very likely that Sonic 2 will get another stage represented. 

As long as Mystic Cave and Hydrocity return I'm happy :)

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Wat?! Where?!

• Thumbs Up 1