Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Chemical plant looks and sounds awesome. Kinda sad that oil ocean or metropolis zone didn't get in as the factory stage for mania. At least there is still hope for a sonic 3 level  and you know that didn't show up in generations.

Knowing that the shields have a bigger impact in level design now, I'm really interested to see what they do in Chemical Plant.

To all those disappointed about Chemical Plant being the Sonic 2 rep, I wouldn't worry. We now basically know that there's 7 classic zones at the very least. Sonic 2 will get another stage. Count on it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

To all those disappointed about Chemical Plant being the Sonic 2 rep, I wouldn't worry. We now basically know that there's 7 classic zones at the very least. Sonic 2 will get another stage. Count on it. 

If so, then fingers crossed on Mystic Cave. 

Mimicking what I said about this on another site.

Tee Lopes is a musical god. I guarantee you not too long from now he's going to up there with Jake Kaufman and Danny Baranowsky as the crème de la crème of modern video game music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, The wording in Game Informer's article is weird. Chemical Factory? New Level? Huh?

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Also, The wording in Game Informer's article is weird. Chemical Factory? New Level? Huh?

And yeah, I was wrong on tweet... It has a new name - Chemical Factory X)

Chemical Plant is such a letdown because it could have been its way cooler cousin Oil Ocean. And since they seem to be going for the most obvious choices now it seems like the S3 level is pretty much going to be Icecap.

p5w7IE8.png

With that said, the second act looks and sounds pretty radical.

EDIT: Scratch that, the second act sounds amazing.

A bit soon for a new reveal, isn't it?  We only found out about Stardust Speedway just a little over a week ago.  And I share the disappointment that we're getting another Generations stage, no matter how well-done it is - and fair enough, it is really well-executed, all those Act 2 gimmicks are most exciting.  Well, fingers crossed for Sonic 2 getting two stages in Mania, then; that will mean less wasted revisit potential from Sonic 2, and it'll be easier not to mind the Mania team's energies being spent on a level that's already been remade recently.

Say, isn't that twisty glass tube similar to the yellow ones from Carnival Night? Interesting choice of level gimmicks they're bringing back.

• Thumbs Up 4