Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, OcelotBot said:

I want Chemical Plant & Mystic Cave from Sonic 2. Come on Team Mania make it happen!

 

 

With act 2 a mandatory ride in a mine cart from start to finish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, FFWF said:

I feel really conflicted about Chemical Plant Zone.  I have no intention of denying that it looks absolutely amazing... but there is more to Sonic 2 than Chemical Plant, and I would have liked to see a different zone after that one already got a revisit back in Generations.  So, while previously I was being conservative in my expectations, I am now formally crossing my fingers for at least a second Sonic 2 zone. 

Yes; it seems as though this particular reveal soft-confirms that there is more than one zone included from each earlier game!!

There have been many hints and close to direct statements that it will include quite a few zones, but I think there is a part of many of us that gently is keeping us from feeling certain about it, as though it is too good to be true, and yet it isn't!!! !  ^__^


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Aaron Webber's just stated on the YouTube stream that they're choosing to show Classic levels rather than new ones because they want us to be surprised. So I guess we don't have to worry about them being spoiled, leaks notwithstanding.

Yeah, with FB, SP & now CP it certainly feels like they're focusing on revealing the re-imagined stages instead of new ones, which I think is the right choice. Hopefully they won't reveal all reimagined levels prior to release!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OcelotBot said:

Yeah, with FB, SP & now CP it certainly feels like they're focusing on revealing the re-imagined stages instead of new ones, which I think is the right choice. Hopefully they won't reveal all reimagined levels prior to release!

 

TeeLopes, Mozart is DEFINITELY your father!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I've noted that they've revealed a stage from Sonic 1, 2, CD and S&K but not from Sonic 3......yet  :angry:

We know we're getting re-imagined content from Sonic 3 (as well as Sonic & Knuckles) because Taxman confirmed it, so there's no need to be confirmed. Still...when it comes to Sonic 3, SEGA/Sonic Team really know how to torture us! If they reveal Ice Cap (or any level from Sonic 3 for that matter) I'll be so happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OcelotBot said:

Also, I've noted that they've revealed a stage from Sonic 1, 2, CD and S&K but not from Sonic 3......yet  :angry:

We know we're getting re-imagined content from Sonic 3 (as well as Sonic & Knuckles) because Taxman confirmed it, so there's no need to be confirmed. Still...when it comes to Sonic 3, SEGA/Sonic Team really know how to torture us! If they reveal Ice Cap (or any level from Sonic 3 for that matter) I'll be so happy.

As long as the re-imagined stage is Lava Reef Zone they can put any others they want in the game.

But I must, I MUST have Lava Reef in Mania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With CPZ and the Death Egg Robo confirmed, I hazard the following guesses:

 

* The other classic zones represented in Generations also make returns; Sky Sanctuary, Casino Night, and Mushroom Hill.

* Each game gets at least two zones. This leaves CD and 1's second zones and 3's zones.

* For CD, I'm thinking Tidal Tempest, and for 1, Scrap Brain. For 3, I think Ice Cap and Launch Base BECAUSE of the MJ and Jetzons issues, as opposed to in spite of them. After all, we do have the Nakamura music in the game, unlike Lego Dimensions.

* It is possible 2 and & Knuckles will get a third zone each, for the sake of getting in a zone not in Generations. For & Knuckes, this is Flying Battery.

* 3D Blast and R may also each get a Zone. 

* Not all of the new levels have a unique HBH, some may share or end with Metal or Mecha Sonic instead. 

* Big Arm will also re-appear as a level boss. Maybe also the Final Zone boss, Metallic Madness boss, and Kyodai Eggman Robo will show up as well? 

* For the 3 and & Knuckles levels, the mini-bosses will appear as regular enemy versions of themselves.

* Cameos will mainly be in the new zones. 

* The differences from the original will get more radical as they are each revealed and/or as we progress. 

* One of the remixed zones will have a tribute to Wood Zone. Betting it's Mushroom Hill.

* Two of the other new zones are based on Egg Gauntlet and Final Fever, given that Mirage Saloon is based on Desert Dazzle. 

* At least one reference in the level design to an 8-bit game OR Chaotix OR Spinball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

Anyone else notice you can control the amount of green goop injected into the water? This must mean there's mutiple levels you can reach depending on how long you stand there. If you only put a little in you can get the extra life up there (you can't see it in this gif) and maybe if you put in all possible you can reach an even higher level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShroomZed said:

giphy.gif

Anyone else notice you can control the amount of green goop injected into the water? This must mean there's mutiple levels you can reach depending on how long you stand there. If you only put a little in you can get the extra life up there (you can't see it in this gif) and maybe if you put in all possible you can reach an even higher level. 

it's the little things that matter most.

A mindset Mania quite literally lives off of, and it's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

I will say, that Act 2 music definitely makes up for that Forces track revealed the other day.

It's legitimately shocking how different the quality is between these two projects as a whole, from style, to music, especially when you take into count the budget comparisons and the direction of the two games overall and the fact both are coming from the same company but are so far apart.

What are you talking about park avenue was amazing you must mean that green crap mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

What are you talking about park avenue was amazing you must mean that green crap mix.

I'm in agreement with you that the Park Avenue theme was freakin amazing, but music is probably the most subjective component of a game, so I wouldn't really question it if someone else said they didn't care for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Celestia said:

saMYx03.jpg

Something I'm curious about is whatever's on top of this--is it a spring (definitely looks like one), or a button? And if it's the latter what does it do?

Perhaps it swaps the direction you go when going down the pipe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Perhaps it swaps the direction you go when going down the pipe?

The thing is, if it works like the twisty tube from Carnival Night, then the direction you travel should be based on which side of the device you enter.

Then again, it doesn't actually NEED to work the exact same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Celestia said:

saMYx03.jpg

Something I'm curious about is whatever's on top of this--is it a spring (definitely looks like one), or a button? And if it's the latter what does it do?

Maybe it's a canon powered by the air/water in the pipe...? You hit the spring, the latch pops up, you plop inside, then kaboom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Perhaps it swaps the direction you go when going down the pipe?

Here's another gif...

giphy.gif

...and yes I agree. Once Tails reaches the bottom horizontal tube it does continue the right as well as to the left. Perhaps pressing the yellow switch causes the tubes to tilt diagonally downwards to the right instead of to the left (if you know what I mean) so that when Tails reaches the bottom he'll shoot-off to the right along the horizontal tube instead of to the left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've been reading in this thread, that twisty pipe device is being interpreted as a reference to both Carnival Night Zone and Quartz Quadrant?  I've looked up playthroughs of both zones to jog my memory and can see where both comparisons are coming from, but it seems to me it's only incidentally like the Quartz Quadrant spiral pipes in that the Chemical Plant pipes were already transparent.  For that reason, I'd be cautious about it deconfirming Quartz Quadrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

*snip*

Anyone else notice you can control the amount of green goop injected into the water? This must mean there's mutiple levels you can reach depending on how long you stand there. If you only put a little in you can get the extra life up there (you can't see it in this gif) and maybe if you put in all possible you can reach an even higher level. 

I'm not sure if that's true. The video from Game Informer is a different run of the same area, and in that one Tails only just skims the plunger as he passes, and it seems to release the same amount and makes him bounce to the same height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I wonder, which levels will be available to play at E3? Given how we just saw both acts, I would say Chemical Plant is a lock, Flying Battery also is a strong possibility, that brand new level also has a good chance, honestly not sure about Stardust Speedway. Is it possible we'll see all four of them playable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm not sure if that's true. The video from Game Informer is a different run of the same area, and in that one Tails only just skims the plunger as he passes, and it seems to release the same amount and makes him bounce to the same height.

Ah. That's honestly a bit disappointing if it's true. I think I first thought that from seeing the extra life on one of the gray platforms above, thinking you could purposely only skim it to get up there and not to a higher ramp. It would have been an interesting choice to have it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I'm in agreement with you that the Park Avenue theme was freakin amazing, but music is probably the most subjective component of a game, so I wouldn't really question it if someone else said they didn't care for it.

Oh i dont care if he didnt like it. He picked with me before about it and i told him git. I got the broom out and started swatting at him. Git go on git.

 

 

 

Aka its all in jest if someone didnt its fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.