Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

1.- Are we sure this is not fake?

2.- What's the cartridge meant for?

3.- The statue has the "SEEEEGAAAA" sound!! Need it!!

4.- They should totally include soundtrack and some concept art.

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

just pre-ordered it, what am I doing with my life?!

How am I going to get Fire & ice now?!

Well, might as well get a special version of better game but still.....

And it seems like CE will be released at May 31st; whether that's the date for when Mania comes out, when the CE is out or just a placeholder date altogether. We'll have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

UK people you can pre order it too!

And it comes to just over $100!

If you do this, keep in mind that PS4 and (I think) Xbox One download codes won't work on European accounts. Steam codes however usually work worldwide so there should be no problem with the PC version.

Pre-ordered! <3 This will look great next to my Sonic Generations collector's edition!

The only thing I hate is that Amazon doesn't have Paypal apart of their payment system. I would have loved to completely just paid this off now (since I have the money) instead of waiting to pay it off later when it ships.

Edit: Apparently there are PS4 and XBOX One versions, too!

MMMHMMMMHMHMHMMM IT'S UP, I hope I get enough for it before it's sold out! Sega really should stop with this region exclusive bullshit when it comes to the collectors editions though.

Also we've got a release date, fantastic.

Hm!!  It seems like including a soundtrack disc (it seems it will probably be two..!) and the potential idea mentioned here of an artbook would have made this too expensive! 

A soundtrack seems very likely to be available separately, and, hopefully there will be either an artbook, or, perhaps a free web portal presenting some of the concept art.  ^_^  There is a small chance there isn't enough concept art for an actual book; or that it could be within a digitally available manual! 

Welp, I won't be able to get this either then but hey, can't win them all.

Just as a heads up to the Americans though, Amazon won't charge you until they ship your order so you won't be paying until March at the earliest (Spring release and all) so if you want one of these, just order it now and you can always cancel it later!

Does anyone know how long Generations' collectors edition lasted before being sold out? If I miss this I might cry harder than I did during the game's reveal.

Ah man, North America only, that sucks. Hoping SEGA of Europe has something up their sleeve. I wouldn't mind paying $100 but I actually don't own an Xbox or PS4 yet (are they regioned, I think they are) and I don't really game on my PC. As I said hopefully SEGA of Europe is planning something for us

So whilst I can use the PS4 code via second account. Fact that it won't get to me until a few weeks after the game comes out.

Odds are I'll have a cheap PS4 north American code for sale if anyone wants it.

The collectors edition looks... Okay I guess? Stinks that it's exclusive to North America...

It's still a missed opportunity that Tyson Hesse didn't do the box art, (that was highly unlikely) but still....

I've never bought anything off of Amazon before. 

I've been reading that they don't charge you until the item ships, is that true? Also, now that I've added it to my cart it says "currently unavailable". Is it sold-out already or it's letting me know it's just not ready yet? I'm confused lol.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll just pre-order it from EB Games. 

It's neat, but does Amazon ships to South America? Also, I was hoping for a physical copy, not just the download key :/ Maybe there will be ANOTHER Collector's Edition...? Still looks awesome, tho. I might get it in a way or another.

Current FAQ:

Q: I live outside of North America. Can I buy?

A: Amazon ships worldwide, fastest way to tell is add one to checkout then try to checkout. If you get a shipping cost or custom fees, you can get one.

Q: Can I play NA games on my System..?

A:

PC: Most likely yes.

PS4: Redeem the code using a North American account (free to do and piss easy). Download to your system. Play with either that account or your main account. Works 99% of the time. 

Xbox One: Dunno.

A: When do Amazon charge?

Q: Typically on the day or 24 hours before the game is released. 

Q: Will this come to Europe?

A: ... .... To be honest. Yeah something probably will... don't bank on it being this though. The game is going to be a huge hit. They know the thirst is real, just that they're kinda good at disappointing so... meh.

God knows.

• Thumbs Up 5