Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

The price might not actually be too bad depending on how good that statue is. If it really is 12 inches tall then that'd put it at just about the same size as the original F4F Classic Sonic statue which I think sold for a higher price when it was released compared to this Collector's edition where the statue is just one part.

It's a shame that there's no physical disc here (assuming this photo is the finalised product) but I'm very excited for this and I'll definitely be putting a pre-order in if it'll be available on UK sites!

Comparing this statue to my 10 inch classic Sonic figure and renders of Generations' classic Sonic, this one seems to have slightly longer legs. Is that an intentional nod to Sonic's legs growing a bit during the Saturn era or am I just that much of a

nerd

?

This is pretty much on the same level as Generations' collectors edition minus the book and soundtrack, which I do wish it had, or hope it gets, assuming this is a leaked prototype or something. It comes out next spring, so I guess it could change.

Disappointed that there's no soundtrack in the Collector's Edition - though I hope they do at least release one on iTunes or something. Otherwise, this looks pretty nice. Will be interesting to see how pricey it is if it comes to the UK.

Eh...

IMO it just looks too similar to the Generations CE. The figure looks more in line with the Classic Sonic prize figure, which is nice, but the lack of stuff like a physical disc or OST is pretty naff. I'm also really peeved that they went with Mega Drive theming. Yes, it's obvious why; but just about every interview about this game has pushed the Saturn connection. I'm sure the target market (Sonic fans) would've bought it with Saturn theming regardless, with that also being more true to the product... bleh. 

I'll never forget you, Segata...

Anyway my final peeve is that if that's the 'new art' Aaron was referring to... well, it's not exactly new:

eoE4H9ai.jpg

I could do with finding a better image than that, and sure it's reshaded (and with a spiffy new background) on the box, but... ergh. At least composite a new pose, surely.

Other than that though, it's fair for what it is; and gives American fans a better chance of nabbing the sort of stuff we got in the Generations CE. So it's fair does I suppose! 

1.- Are we sure this is not fake?

2.- What's the cartridge meant for?

3.- The statue has the "SEEEEGAAAA" sound!! Need it!!

4.- They should totally include soundtrack and some concept art.

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

just pre-ordered it, what am I doing with my life?!

How am I going to get Fire & ice now?!

Well, might as well get a special version of better game but still.....

And it seems like CE will be released at May 31st; whether that's the date for when Mania comes out, when the CE is out or just a placeholder date altogether. We'll have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

UK people you can pre order it too!

And it comes to just over $100!

If you do this, keep in mind that PS4 and (I think) Xbox One download codes won't work on European accounts. Steam codes however usually work worldwide so there should be no problem with the PC version.

Pre-ordered! <3 This will look great next to my Sonic Generations collector's edition!

The only thing I hate is that Amazon doesn't have Paypal apart of their payment system. I would have loved to completely just paid this off now (since I have the money) instead of waiting to pay it off later when it ships.

Edit: Apparently there are PS4 and XBOX One versions, too!

MMMHMMMMHMHMHMMM IT'S UP, I hope I get enough for it before it's sold out! Sega really should stop with this region exclusive bullshit when it comes to the collectors editions though.

Also we've got a release date, fantastic.

Hm!!  It seems like including a soundtrack disc (it seems it will probably be two..!) and the potential idea mentioned here of an artbook would have made this too expensive! 

A soundtrack seems very likely to be available separately, and, hopefully there will be either an artbook, or, perhaps a free web portal presenting some of the concept art.  ^_^  There is a small chance there isn't enough concept art for an actual book; or that it could be within a digitally available manual!