Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

May 31st is technically the last official day before summer so it's just a placeholder date to cover the entirety of the spring season until they announce the real date.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think I will wait for an European announcement if it will happen.

39 dollars just for shipping is pretty much. ( I never used Amazon so I dont know what each shipping is).

Yeah, May 31st is more than likely a random place holder for the release date (anything with 31st as the release date is usually that), but I think it's safe to assume that Sonic Mania will release sometime in May. 

Yeah, it's a nice collection, doesn't have all I wanted, but hey it's awesome they are doing one in the first place!

I'm going to wait and see if Europe/UK get a collection. I'd love a cd release of the soundtrack (even it's sold separately).

I'm gonna get Mania on Steam & PS4. What do you think the cost of just the standard version of Mania will be? As much as £30 or more?

9 minutes ago, Barry the Nomad said:

European fans should take note that the Collector's Edition appears to purposefully not include Mega Drive OR Genesis on any of the items. The console Sonic is standing on is not branded Genesis or Mega Drive and the SEGA logo is in place where the UK Mega Drive & SEGA logos are. The cartridge is called a "SEGA Cartridge". So it appears that they made it a point to design this with Americas and Europe in mind.

This is a nice thought; though SEGA's response doesn't fill me with hope:

KiGYYZ2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

KiGYYZ2.png

sad-sonic-sega.png

Well, I guess I will get the digital version on PS Store.

1 hour ago, SSJ Diamond said:

sad-sonic-sega.png

This is the second time you have posted in a non-contributive manner today with a prior post of a video-only post being removed. That and image-only posts are not allowed here so while having these things in your post is fine (and I definitely understand and agree with your point as I think this regional-exclusive thing is stupid as well as totally unfair. Sonic fans are all over the world so why leave some of them out with something like this? Everyone should have the opportunity to possess and enjoy it no matter where they live in the world), it can't be the only thing your posts contain as it doesn't contribute to discussion so please be sure to write at least a sentence to do that. 

As for the topic at hand, I'd figured something was going on due to all of the frequent notifications I was getting this morning as I'm following this topic. Finding out about the Collectors Edition for Sonic Mania was a nice surprise! I'd figured something was going on with the poll on the Sonic Twitter the other day but I honestly didn't put much thought into it as I can't take it seriously majority of the time so I'm pleasantly surprised. I went on and pre-ordered it right away as everything looks awesome which is fitting considering that's exactly what I've thought about Sonic Mania since Day 1 :)

• Thumbs Up 5

18 minutes ago, Barry the Nomad said:

This is payback for the 20th anniversary box.

Doesn't matter. Just stop with regional exclusive bullshit collector's editions. This stupid crap just screws over Sonic collectors in the UK, the same way the Gens one did to Sonic collectors in the US. Just have a limited worldwide release, easy. No need for only allowing one country to get it. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even get collectors editions of games, but know full well this kind of case just pisses off anyone who wants an easy time collecting them.

• Thumbs Up 6

36 minutes ago, Tracker said:

KiGYYZ2.png

So basically, no. Pre-order the NA version or get nothing seems to be the choice. Small hope that fellow EU Sonic fans will get something.

It literally seems to be Generations 20th anniversary CE all over again. I was kinda hoping SEGA wouldn't pull something like this again back in 2011 when I was absolutely upset about Generations CE not coming over here to the U.S., but here we are in the same predicament, but switched!

Edited the post.

Still, I don't find it fair to be US only. Even if it is something different at least give us something. I will still buy it but COME ON, its 2016.

Sold. SOLD. SOLD.

I was kinda hoping for a Genesis gamepad, but I can't knock this box set in the slightest. I will happily throw all my money at this. I wonder what mania will retail at if the Collectors Edition is only $69?

As far as I'm aware, it's not all that unusual for collector's editions and pre-order gifts to differ between America and Europe simply because the different arms of the publisher are effectively separate companies and don't work together by default.  If Sega Europe isn't already working to bring this CE to Europe, quietly and on its own schedule, then the outcry today might move them to do so, but it's true that they don't appear to be particularly interested in most of Sega's usual output.

Pre-ordered the CE, woo!

Can't wait to try and single out my voice in the SEEEEGGGAAAAAAAA easter egg thing they've got! XP

I got my pre-order down for the PC version. Honestly, I'm very happy to see a Collector's Edition made, but not that surprised it's NA/CA exclusive (even if we can import it online). Generations had its share for Europe Exclusivity when it released 5 years ago, so Mania getting the treatment for both North America and Canada is no surprise at all what so ever. I don't mind the importing fees, but I'm glad to have it down.

I'll also pre-order digitally through Steam as well (Since SEGA and Christian Whitehead deserve every single penny I have), but I can't wait for it to arrive on May 31st

I'll also pre-order digitally through Steam as well (Since SEGA and Christian Whitehead deserve every single penny I have), but I can't wait for it to arrive on May 31st

Now that I think about it, for the people that are importing this. Don't you have to buy the game twice? If I'm remembering correctly, the PS4 and X1 codes are region locked, aren't they?

Not sure about Steam though.

1 minute ago, El Driver said:

Now that I think about it, for the people that are importing this. Don't you have to buy the game twice? If I'm remembering correctly, the PS4 and X1 codes are region locked, aren't they?

Not sure about Steam though.

Steam is mostly any region what so ever depending where you buy it. PS4 and XB1 codes are as far as I'm censored.

I don't mind about pre-ordering twice at all both digitally and physically.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unrelated but it just hit me how funny it is that the first new Sonic game in a long time to be extremely close to how the classic games look and feel isn't on a Nintendo console (as of now)

Wound up pre-ordering my own copy anyway. The price actually wasn't awful, even considering the shipping fees to the UK (Here's hoping it's enough to keep customs happy) and in any case, there's no harm sitting on it even if I change my mind before the release.