Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

I don't think he's hinting at anything; the page for Mania's collector's edition (the first link) simply has all the wrong platforms listed at the bottom of the page.

e: edition, addition, where is my head today

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a cool pic, but I wished they would've gotten someone to draw something new instead of using Classic Sonic stock art #12 again. There's definitely artists in the Sonic community that can pull the old style (Spaz is one, he did a good job on the Archives covers.)

Same complaint with reusing the Sonic 1 box theme.

• Thumbs Up 8

Is it just me or does Sonics fists have too much of a size difference? His right fist is double the size of his left fist. The distance between his fists aren't that large.

gm_meme.png

Yeah, PS4, Xb1 & Steam are the only platforms announced so far.

The bit at the bottom of the page is a general listing of different platforms SEGA release games on. SEGA need to make sure they update their sites more often ^_^

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my adress is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.

36 minutes ago, Jango said:

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my address is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.

This is true.

However what some Sony users forget is that whilst you can use a second account to redeem a code and play it on your system, you can't always play it using your main account even if it's downloaded to your system via the secondary account.

It's rare but it does happen. Surgeon Simulator is a very high profile game which does this.

• Thumbs Up 1

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my address is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.

This is true.

However what some Sony users forget is that whilst you can use a second account to redeem a code and play it on your system, you can't always play it using your main account even if it's downloaded to your system via the secondary account.

It's rare but it does happen. Surgeon Simulator is a very high profile game which does this.

Really? Well, I don't know how it works on the PS4, but on the PS3 I have an american account, a brazilian, an european and even a japanese one, and no matter which PSN I download stuff, I can play it using my main (the american). Now that I think about, the PSN on the PS4 is paid, which means I have to use my real billing address in Brazil because after all, my credit card is brazilian D=

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

In case it changes, so people understand, the site they linked to lists the platforms as 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, IOS and Android. That's what Stealth is getting at.

Also, from the site:

e5RwTev.jpg

ho dang that 'new' classic art~

feelin the mania

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, Lucidream said:

Is it just me or does Sonics fists have too much of a size difference? His right fist is double the size of his left fist. The distance between his fists aren't that large.

Probably just exaggerated foreshortening.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

e5RwTev.jpg

The newly-shaded classic Sonic art fills me with such a feeling of happiness! While it's not the same as what was used on actual classic art, I love the shade of blue here - it's a tiny bit more blue-green than he usually is, which goes amazingly well with his red shoes due to them being complementary colors.

Overall, I just love the fact that this game seems to be continuing and evolving the classic formula rather than just rehashing it or making a poor attempt to imitate it, and some at least semi-new artwork really supports that feeling too.

• Thumbs Up 8

yes,,!  That is a good pose to use to present the game; having it be somewhat of a continuation from the single, two, and three fingers from the three original games, now to a closed hand that can, for fun and quite literally be a reference to many aspects combining together!!  ^_^:) 

Pre-ordered this morning when I woke up to the news. Even tho I'm in New Zealand the PC version code should have no issues being authorized. Will sit beautifully next to the Generations set.

Now that it's a real pre-ordered actual thing, it's gotten me more starved for fresh info. Cant wait to see the other characters in action. More than that tho, I really want to hear a bit about the story. If it's a stand alone thing, or if it is having ties with other classic titles. It's going to be a long wait >.<

Nothing wrong with the artwork they're using but I really hope they're placeholder.  Sonic standing with fist held up is such a.... static pose for what is such a monumental event in the series such as what Mania is.  It doesn't capture the liveliness of the game at all for me, he needs a new and very exciting pose I feel to represent the kind of flashiness we got out of say, the title screen animation.  Hell a number of frames from that animation would make more exciting poses.  I think his facial expression being very unexcited in both pictures also adds to the dullness.

• Thumbs Up 2

With the collector's edition design I think we can forget of Taxman's "saturn-esque" term already. It's definitely Mega Drive-esque. Or Mega CD 32X-esque, more precisely (CD for music quality, 32X for resolution and colors).

Well, the game could perfectly fit Sega Saturn, but I would have expected a bit more from a Saturn 2D Sonic game back in the day. 

I'm JUST hearing about this now

Daayum that's a steal of a collector's edition and maybe I'll look into pre-ordering this (likely not since cash is gonna be strapped for the next few months)

As of the ring that comes inside the Genesis cart cast, do you think it'll be numbered like they did for Generations Collector's Edition? Doesn't say in the description for Mania's contents, but that'll be a really good move again

Apologies for asking about this again (I'll look back at my old post preceding this one), but how an I let "Amazon" take my pre-order now so I don't have to worry about it?