Ryannumber1Santa

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Sold. SOLD. SOLD.

I was kinda hoping for a Genesis gamepad, but I can't knock this box set in the slightest. I will happily throw all my money at this. I wonder what mania will retail at if the Collectors Edition is only $69?

As far as I'm aware, it's not all that unusual for collector's editions and pre-order gifts to differ between America and Europe simply because the different arms of the publisher are effectively separate companies and don't work together by default.  If Sega Europe isn't already working to bring this CE to Europe, quietly and on its own schedule, then the outcry today might move them to do so, but it's true that they don't appear to be particularly interested in most of Sega's usual output.

I got my pre-order down for the PC version. Honestly, I'm very happy to see a Collector's Edition made, but not that surprised it's NA/CA exclusive (even if we can import it online). Generations had its share for Europe Exclusivity when it released 5 years ago, so Mania getting the treatment for both North America and Canada is no surprise at all what so ever. I don't mind the importing fees, but I'm glad to have it down.

I'll also pre-order digitally through Steam as well (Since SEGA and Christian Whitehead deserve every single penny I have), but I can't wait for it to arrive on May 31st

I'll also pre-order digitally through Steam as well (Since SEGA and Christian Whitehead deserve every single penny I have), but I can't wait for it to arrive on May 31st

Now that I think about it, for the people that are importing this. Don't you have to buy the game twice? If I'm remembering correctly, the PS4 and X1 codes are region locked, aren't they?

Not sure about Steam though.

1 minute ago, El Driver said:

Now that I think about it, for the people that are importing this. Don't you have to buy the game twice? If I'm remembering correctly, the PS4 and X1 codes are region locked, aren't they?

Not sure about Steam though.

Steam is mostly any region what so ever depending where you buy it. PS4 and XB1 codes are as far as I'm censored.

I don't mind about pre-ordering twice at all both digitally and physically.

Unrelated but it just hit me how funny it is that the first new Sonic game in a long time to be extremely close to how the classic games look and feel isn't on a Nintendo console (as of now)

Wound up pre-ordering my own copy anyway. The price actually wasn't awful, even considering the shipping fees to the UK (Here's hoping it's enough to keep customs happy) and in any case, there's no harm sitting on it even if I change my mind before the release.

1 minute ago, Ruki185 said:

Well this is kind of interesting. 

Nothing major, still interesting tho, apparently they rushed it? 

He said 'wrong platform lineup' which COULD mean there are more platforms yet to be announced.

Or am I just understanding it wrong?

Yeah, by the way he said it, it's kind of hard to understand. I thought there were some platforms that they missed out on and I googled it and they didn't miss out or anything? So what else could that mean?

I guess they could hint more platforms here. I mean, I'm expecting smart phone releases anyway. 

Oh right, that might actually be the case here, considering Christian Whitehead is working on it aswell..Hmm...

It's a cool pic, but I wished they would've gotten someone to draw something new instead of using Classic Sonic stock art #12 again. There's definitely artists in the Sonic community that can pull the old style (Spaz is one, he did a good job on the Archives covers.)

Same complaint with reusing the Sonic 1 box theme.

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my adress is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.