Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

36 minutes ago, Jango said:

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my address is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.

This is true.

However what some Sony users forget is that whilst you can use a second account to redeem a code and play it on your system, you can't always play it using your main account even if it's downloaded to your system via the secondary account.

It's rare but it does happen. Surgeon Simulator is a very high profile game which does this.

For does wondering if the code is region locked, it is. But on the PS4 you can create an account anywhere, simply google an adress. I for one, have an european PS3 account, and my address is at the Buckingham Palace ? Since it's digital only, there's no problem.

This is true.

However what some Sony users forget is that whilst you can use a second account to redeem a code and play it on your system, you can't always play it using your main account even if it's downloaded to your system via the secondary account.

It's rare but it does happen. Surgeon Simulator is a very high profile game which does this.

Really? Well, I don't know how it works on the PS4, but on the PS3 I have an american account, a brazilian, an european and even a japanese one, and no matter which PSN I download stuff, I can play it using my main (the american). Now that I think about, the PSN on the PS4 is paid, which means I have to use my real billing address in Brazil because after all, my credit card is brazilian D=

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

In case it changes, so people understand, the site they linked to lists the platforms as 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, IOS and Android. That's what Stealth is getting at.

Also, from the site:

e5RwTev.jpg

ho dang that 'new' classic art~

feelin the mania

3 hours ago, Lucidream said:

Is it just me or does Sonics fists have too much of a size difference? His right fist is double the size of his left fist. The distance between his fists aren't that large.

Probably just exaggerated foreshortening.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

e5RwTev.jpg

The newly-shaded classic Sonic art fills me with such a feeling of happiness! While it's not the same as what was used on actual classic art, I love the shade of blue here - it's a tiny bit more blue-green than he usually is, which goes amazingly well with his red shoes due to them being complementary colors.

Overall, I just love the fact that this game seems to be continuing and evolving the classic formula rather than just rehashing it or making a poor attempt to imitate it, and some at least semi-new artwork really supports that feeling too.

yes,,!  That is a good pose to use to present the game; having it be somewhat of a continuation from the single, two, and three fingers from the three original games, now to a closed hand that can, for fun and quite literally be a reference to many aspects combining together!!  ^_^:) 

Pre-ordered this morning when I woke up to the news. Even tho I'm in New Zealand the PC version code should have no issues being authorized. Will sit beautifully next to the Generations set.

Now that it's a real pre-ordered actual thing, it's gotten me more starved for fresh info. Cant wait to see the other characters in action. More than that tho, I really want to hear a bit about the story. If it's a stand alone thing, or if it is having ties with other classic titles. It's going to be a long wait >.<

Nothing wrong with the artwork they're using but I really hope they're placeholder.  Sonic standing with fist held up is such a.... static pose for what is such a monumental event in the series such as what Mania is.  It doesn't capture the liveliness of the game at all for me, he needs a new and very exciting pose I feel to represent the kind of flashiness we got out of say, the title screen animation.  Hell a number of frames from that animation would make more exciting poses.  I think his facial expression being very unexcited in both pictures also adds to the dullness.

With the collector's edition design I think we can forget of Taxman's "saturn-esque" term already. It's definitely Mega Drive-esque. Or Mega CD 32X-esque, more precisely (CD for music quality, 32X for resolution and colors).

Well, the game could perfectly fit Sega Saturn, but I would have expected a bit more from a Saturn 2D Sonic game back in the day. 

I'm JUST hearing about this now

Daayum that's a steal of a collector's edition and maybe I'll look into pre-ordering this (likely not since cash is gonna be strapped for the next few months)

As of the ring that comes inside the Genesis cart cast, do you think it'll be numbered like they did for Generations Collector's Edition? Doesn't say in the description for Mania's contents, but that'll be a really good move again

Apologies for asking about this again (I'll look back at my old post preceding this one), but how an I let "Amazon" take my pre-order now so I don't have to worry about it? 

2 hours ago, baba_944 said:

Apologies for asking about this again (I'll look back at my old post preceding this one), but how an I let "Amazon" take my pre-order now so I don't have to worry about it? 

Just order it like you would anything else. It goes down as a pre-order since it obviously isn't out yet and all pre-orders on Amazon stay uncharged for until they actually ship your order.

Looks like I misunderstood the question the question. My bad!

2 hours ago, baba_944 said:

1 hour ago, Joy said:

Just order it like you would anything else. It goes down as a pre-order since it obviously isn't out yet and all pre-orders on Amazon stay uncharged for until they actually ship your order.

I think baba_944 is asking if it's possible for them to take PAYMENT now so they don't have to worry about having the funds later.  In which case... I'm 99% sure the answer is "you can't", unfortunately.

5 hours ago, JezMM said:

Nothing wrong with the artwork they're using but I really hope they're placeholder.  Sonic standing with fist held up is such a.... static pose for what is such a monumental event in the series such as what Mania is.  It doesn't capture the liveliness of the game at all for me, he needs a new and very exciting pose I feel to represent the kind of flashiness we got out of say, the title screen animation.  Hell a number of frames from that animation would make more exciting poses.  I think his facial expression being very unexcited in both pictures also adds to the dullness.

I don't really mind the pose and overall think it looks quite nice, as stated previously, but I definitely think a game as big as Mania deserves some brand-new artwork too. As for who to do it, they need look no further than Spaz over at Archie Comics, as his Sonic Archives covers prove he is extremely good at mimicking the style of the classic official artwork.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I don't really mind the pose and overall think it looks quite nice, as stated previously, but I definitely think a game as big as Mania deserves some brand-new artwork too. As for who to do it, they need look no further than Spaz over at Archie Comics, as his Sonic Archives covers prove he is extremely good at mimicking the style of the classic official artwork.

Spaz is great, though I think he messes Sonic's quills up at times. Like here:
Sonic_Archives_15_new.jpg

or on this one

Another tip for those who live outside North America and want to pre-order this:

Use a storage and shiping service called Shipito.

This service receives your order for you and keeps it safe in a "locker" untill you request them to ship it to you. But here's the catch: their shiping partners are waaaaaaay cheaper than Amazon's. For example, the Sonic Mania CE + shiping to Brazil (where I live) would cost a total of 199 dolars (taxes over here absurd, I know).

So basically what you need to do is:

1. Create an account on Shipito, which will automatically book you a locker in one of their warehouses in the States for free, and the address of said warehouse.

2. Buy Sonic Mania and use this address (which will be free, since Amazon is offering free shiping for NA).

3. When the item arrives at your locker, Shipito will e-mail you a photo of the package.

4. Select one of their shiping partners and now use your real address.

5. Wait.

6. Save a lot of money in shiping.

7. ???

8. Profit. Play the game.

For more on Shipito, google it ;)

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Another tip for those who live outside North America and want to pre-order this:

Use a storage and shiping service called Shipito.

This service receives your order for you and keeps it safe in a "locker" untill you request them to ship it to you. But here's the catch: their shiping partners are waaaaaaay cheaper than Amazon's. For example, the Sonic Mania CE + shiping to Brazil (where I live) would cost a total of 199 dolars (taxes over here absurd, I know).

So basically what you need to do is:

1. Create an account on Shipito, which will automatically book you a locker in one of their warehouses in the States for free, and the address of said warehouse.

2. Buy Sonic Mania and use this address (which will be free, since Amazon is offering free shiping for NA).

3. When the item arrives at your locker, Shipito will e-mail you a photo of the package.

4. Select one of their shiping partners and now use your real address.

5. Wait.

6. Save a lot of money in shiping.

7. ???

8. Profit. Play the game.

For more on Shipito, google it ;)

Good idea for people who live in Europe and other countrys..

I'm so glad that Sonic Mania has the collectors edition but still bummed that it is limited time and not at other stores like best buy, etc..

Hey guys, collector's edition aside, how would you all feel if they pulled off a Sonic 3 and Knuckles and made a DLC pack that extends on Sonic Mania? Like having more levels and perhaps more playable characters and extending the story of Sonic Mania? Like how Sonic and Knuckles did with Sonic the Hedgehog 3? What do you all think of this idea?

No, I don't think DLC is needed for Mania. Unless it's in-game DLC like how Sonic 4 had Episode Metal; that would be interesting.

But I see no reason to add on to what Mania has already? We have the main 3 already and since Mania is said to be longer than Generations and will have 3&K level transitions to tell its story, I'd say there's no need.