Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

36 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yup. And by the looks of it Japanese fans aren't that interested in it. 

Boom or Mania?

It's still so weird that Sonic Boom was called Sonic Toon in Japan. It reminds me of the old days when names were different for each region: Mega Drive/Genesis, Robotnik/Eggman, Super Nintendo/Super Famicom... It's 2016, dude! :-/

49 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yup. And by the looks of it Japanese fans aren't that interested in it. 

Most, if not all of my Asian friends all seem to prefer their games to have high spec graphics, even to the point where they would argue that visuals are more important than the gameplay, so they tend to ignore indie games and anything "old school" and retro, unless they are "popular" enough, (read : all over social media etc) to be given a chance. So if the Asian market as a whole is anything like the handful of Asian friends I have then it doesn't suprise me. That and we know Sonic has never been as popular in the Asian markets to begin with, so that adds to the overall lack of interest.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, BenderMania said:

You know how this version of Sonic art:

e5RwTev.jpg

...is based off-of this art from Sonic CD:

Image result for sonic cd art

Think I prefer CD's version. The blue color looks nicer, stands out better.

I hope we get some new Mania Sonic art which isn't just based on art from the classics.

Not quite; it's based on licensing art.

CsPXaqLWgAQsuTZ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

As much as I love the brightness and intensity of Sonic's original blue, I think the blue-green is really super nice. I especially love the way it jibes with his red shoes, as the two are complementary colors, to create an awesome look.

• Thumbs Up 5

Thing with the brighter shade in the edit above is it hangs closer to the shinier style seen in Sonic 3 onwards, whereas what I think they were going for was the more muted Sonic 1 style:

PqZEScc.png

have tweaked Sonic's colours slightly for my Saturn Mania boxart, but it hangs much closer to the original colours than the Sonic 3 style.  7RxFTTx.png

I've no idea why they'd go back to the Sonic 1 style instead of 3 onwards given it's obviously after 1 and the Sonic artwork used for Mania is from much later to my recollection (This set may be around '95-97? Similar material appears in SpikeOut IIRC) -  but I also don't care because I much prefer the Sonic 1 shading style to Sonic 3's. :P

• Thumbs Up 8

20 minutes ago, Doctor MK said:

Trailer for the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition:

For all your stubborn stain handling needs!

I never knew how much I needed this in my life.

22 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I find it hilarious that Hoshino-san is wearing an "Iizuka-san Fan Club" t-shirt in the video. 

14331632_1116275421741479_1341607667_n.p

How do we pre-order that!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Doctor MK said:

Trailer for the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition:

For all your stubborn stain handling needs!

YES! I was hoping there would be some sort of cheesy throwback ad for the game, and this is just fucking perfect. I bet this was 100% Aaron's idea, Chaos bless him.

0:07 "Alone on a Friday night?" That reminded me of this:

Sonic on Fridays.png

Since Webber is in this I wouldn't be surprised it was suppose to reference it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, YuTwo said:

0:07 "Alone on a Friday night?" That reminded me of this:

Sonic on Fridays.png

That's the joke, yes.