Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Thing with the brighter shade in the edit above is it hangs closer to the shinier style seen in Sonic 3 onwards, whereas what I think they were going for was the more muted Sonic 1 style:

PqZEScc.png

have tweaked Sonic's colours slightly for my Saturn Mania boxart, but it hangs much closer to the original colours than the Sonic 3 style.  7RxFTTx.png

I've no idea why they'd go back to the Sonic 1 style instead of 3 onwards given it's obviously after 1 and the Sonic artwork used for Mania is from much later to my recollection (This set may be around '95-97? Similar material appears in SpikeOut IIRC) -  but I also don't care because I much prefer the Sonic 1 shading style to Sonic 3's. :P

1 hour ago, Doctor MK said:

Trailer for the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition:

For all your stubborn stain handling needs!

YES! I was hoping there would be some sort of cheesy throwback ad for the game, and this is just fucking perfect. I bet this was 100% Aaron's idea, Chaos bless him.

I wonder how Takashi Iizuka feels about all this lol. Though if he didn't like it, he has the authority to make Sega stop-- and he hasn't made Sega stop yet. So that's a good sign.

(Love the ad btw)

I hope to hear more about Sonic Mania. Its pretty rare that something Classic-related catches my eye and makes me hype all over, but that's what Mania does. Come on Sega, show off more levels and gameplay pls.