Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

13 hours ago, Jango said:

Or even the Dead Egg Zone, now under the sea, gets a totaly new music to match with the level new visuals and pacing.

This is an idea that people are mentioning and does at least certainly seem to be something the team has considered; and maybe is the most accurate guess about one of the reimagined concepts!

It does sort of bring up a question; is there any official story/canon about what actually occurs regarding the Death Egg following Sonic and Eggman exiting?  I think Sonic 4 has it being rebuilt in space or something, but i am not sure that the Mania team or Sonic Team are going to consider Sonic 4 canon from here on out due to how many rehashes it contained. 

Act 2 overall is a bit hard to figure out, where is it actually supposed to be occurring?   ^_^   I think it is that the main craft is in the unseen foreground, such that Act 2 is occurring on the outermost layers of it; the perspective is facing out away from the main craft to show the outer space and planet scene; Otherwise it is some sort of alternate/additional structure nearby, to which Eggman could escape if Sonic was able to surpass the very strong guardian machine inside the craft?  The ambiguity in this case is desirable!  It is fun to not really know exactly what happens at the conclusion of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

This is an idea that people are mentioning and does at least certainly seem to be something the team has considered; and maybe is the most accurate guess about one of the reimagined concepts!

It does sort of bring up a question; is there any official story/canon about what actually occurs regarding the Death Egg following Sonic and Eggman exiting?  I think Sonic 4 has it being rebuilt in space or something, but i am not sure that the Mania team or Sonic Team are going to consider Sonic 4 canon from here on out due to how many rehashes it contained. 

Act 2 overall is a bit hard to figure out, where is it actually supposed to be occurring?   ^_^   I think it is that the main craft is in the unseen foreground, such that Act 2 is occurring on the outermost layers of it; the perspective is facing out away from the main craft to show the outer space and planet scene; Otherwise it is some sort of alternate/additional structure nearby, to which Eggman could escape if Sonic was able to surpass the very strong guardian machine inside the craft?  The ambiguity in this case is desirable!  It is fun to not really know exactly what happens at the conclusion of the game.

I would really like to see the Death Egg look abandoned, dusty, and kinda worn down like the Space Colony Ark. Just without the Edge, G.U.N., or Maria

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Ghast06 said:

I would really like to see the Death Egg look abandoned, dusty, and kinda worn down like the Space Colony Ark. Just without the Edge, G.U.N., or Maria

It seems quite possible that it is still in space!  i do wonder now if Act 2 took place on the moustache/nose area, though it is never made too clear and it could be anywhere on the outside, meaning that what was damaged and began to fall apart near the end, not damaging the main craft.  Then otherwise parts of it may be on land again somewhere.     

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

That is not the day I want this game to be released. Sonic Mania is no joke.

lol just kidding, here's Sonic 4 Episode 3

Maniacs.

Everybody knows Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3: THE GAME will be released on April Fool's Day :P

I'd laugh if Mania was released on 15 May next year. Why? Well, it will be the five-year anniversary of Sonic 4 Ep2!

• Thumbs Up 5

47 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

2016-10-11_185304.jpg

Wow, I guess Mania is so popular that SEGA is releasing it on PC and PS4 twice

sucks to be you Xbox One people, you only get it once. ONCE.

Of note, listed are PC *and* PC Download. Perhaps Mania's getting a physical release, at least for PC? 

Saying that, PS4 being listed twice makes me think this is prolly just a mistake.

April 1st is the beginning of the next fiscal year isn't it? An the beginning of the year's second quarter. Probably just tentative.

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

Of note, listed are PC *and* PC Download. Perhaps Mania's getting a physical release, at least for PC? 

Saying that, PS4 being listed twice makes me think this is prolly just a mistake.

The PS4 thing reminds me of @Gregzilla's cartoon

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems quite possible that it is still in space!  i do wonder now if Act 2 took place on the moustache/nose area, though it is never made too clear and it could be anywhere on the outside, meaning that what was damaged and began to fall apart near the end, not damaging the main craft.  Then otherwise parts of it may be on land again somewhere.     

IF, Super/Hyper Sonic exploded the Death Egg (behind the scenes) ala the Sonic Unleashed intro, it most likely fell down, pieces of it, at least. If he and Eggman simply flew out of it, it is possible that the Death Egg stayed there. Since it was already in orbit, it couldn't just fall down on Earth. The Master Emerald's power was needed to launch the damn thing and keep it on, since Eggman don't have that power anymore, yeah, I believe it's still in space, but deactivated.

• Thumbs Up 1

The social media have been hinting a lot at Knuckles and the Master Emerald recently. It has to mean something... or not? Let's take a look at more cluuues!

Any one else think it would be pretty cool if Modern Sonic was a hidden unlockable character in the game, and he would have his moves for the Boost games? I know it's super unlikely that would happen, but I feel it would be a neat addiction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, no Modern Sonic in Mania.

Mania is pure Classic so I see no reason why Whitehead and crew would him in.

• Thumbs Up 5

I meant having him as a hidden little easter egg. Kinda like Rosalina in Mario 3D World or Amy in Advance 2. You wouldn't really know he's in the game until you unlock him.

I'm not expecting him to be in it, but I feel it would be pretty neat if he was.

3 hours ago, YoshiParty said:

Any one else think it would be pretty cool if Modern Sonic was a hidden unlockable character in the game, and he would have his moves for the Boost games? I know it's super unlikely that would happen, but I feel it would be a neat addiction.

Whilst I'm not expecting Modern Sonic or any other references to the modern games from Adventure onwards to be included, I can see the original Sonic 1 and maybe Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 sprites being unlockable. Taxman recently hinted on Twitter (in response to a question) that he's very fond of debug-mode. So I fully expect there to be a debug-mode in Mania which again would be a nice throw-back to the classics.

Heading into dream-territory here; I'd love it if Mania has a "Super Mario Maker" feature. Design your own Sonic Mania stages.....

• Thumbs Up 6

Just you watch, the Sonic Twitter account is going to announce on Mania's April 1 release date Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 & Knuckles Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

On a more serious note, I also got June 2nd as the launch date for the collectors edition when I ordered it. So April 1 might just be the Steam/PSN/Xbox Live release.

I wouldn't really want to see Mania polluted by Modern Sonic.

Let's keep this a pure Classic Sonic experience that lives up to the legacy of the incredibly Classic titles.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm even kinda iffy on Classic Sonic returning for Sonic 2017, but I can understand why they're doing that.

Let Modern Sonic have his spotlight, let Classic have his.

15 hours ago, TombRaiderBendy said:

I can see the original Sonic 1 and maybe Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 sprites being unlockable.

Here's to that great idea!

That would totally make my day. Sonic 3 sprites will always be my favourite.

Please, TaxStealth.

It's been almost three months since the reveal, hopefully we get a new trailer soon. Not to be pushy, but two zones can only last us so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'd love to see another new and remixed zone so I know the level of quality we've seen so far will definitely be across the whole game. 

(Admittedly I also want another Tee Lopes song to listen to on my phone :P )

20 hours ago, TombRaiderBendy said:

Whilst I'm not expecting Modern Sonic or any other references to the modern games from Adventure onwards to be included, I can see the original Sonic 1 and maybe Sonic 2 & Sonic 3 sprites being unlockable. Taxman recently hinted on Twitter (in response to a question) that he's very fond of debug-mode. So I fully expect there to be a debug-mode in Mania which again would be a nice throw-back to the classics.

Heading into dream-territory here; I'd love it if Mania has a "Super Mario Maker" feature. Design your own Sonic Mania stages.....

It can be like the costume room in Rayman Legends where you jump in these paintings and the costume will change. I can totally see this happen!

• Thumbs Up 1