Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Just thinking...

Considering when the game is due for release and how long ago it got announced, are we not due some new gameplay or some kind of press event or some new show off of the game soon?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Just thinking...

Considering when the game is due for release and how long ago it got announced, are we not due some new gameplay or some kind of press event or some new show off of the game soon?

I suppose it won't be at the PS Experience since it's Sony exclusives only... right?? We might get more gameplays and trailer in upcoming gaming events.

There's the Portland Retrogaming Expo 2016, which would make perfect sense to have Mania...

PAX Australia 2016, Taxman is australian lol

See more here: http://www.eventsforgamers.com/events/conventions/

• Thumbs Up 1

Destiny is not a Playstation exclusive and was shown off at the Playstation Experience back in 2015.

Don't immediately expect Sonic Mania to not appear in the Playstation Experience event, just because it's not a PS4 exclusive, since non-Playstation exclusives can be shown off there.

Anyways, not really expecting any new footage until by the end of the year, so I'm just gonna have to be patient.

It'll get a new trailer during the sizzle reel for the Nintendo NX, which it is definitely coming to. 

:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 4

So...

Did you guys, erm, saw this?

Sonic-Mega-Drive-%E2%80%93-The-Next-LeveSonic-Mega-Drive-%E2%80%93-The-Next-LeveSonic-Mega-Drive-%E2%80%93-The-Next-LeveSonic-Mega-Drive-%E2%80%93-The-Next-Leve

BECAUSE THESE NEEDS TO BE ZONES IN MANIA OHMYGAWD. That kind of ice zone trope is exactly what I've suggested years ago here in a topic about "which tropes would you like to see in the next Sonic games?". At night, with these village-like lamposts. Damn. Also, freaking ghost zone!

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

NEEDS TO BE ZONES IN MANIA OHMYGAWD. That kind of ice zone trope is exactly what I've suggested years ago here in a topic about "which tropes would you like to see in the next Sonic games?". At night, with these village-like lamposts. Damn. Also, freaking ghost zone!

Yeah I'd appreciate if you spoiled thoses Sonic Megadrive pics. I really didnt want to spoil what the next issue brings.

Edited by Tails spin

57 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Just thinking...

A speculative guess is that, it feels like there could be between one new reveal cycle before the end of the year, and up to as many as three.  ^_^:)  

It is hard to tell how much will be revealed before the release window is close; where at that point different articles may be dispersing many sorts of details about the review copies that would be available to them.   

10 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Just thinking...

It's hard to say, Honestly. Aaron said a couple weeks back that it would be a "little while" before we got something new. That's so vague that it's impossible to say how much time that could possibly mean.

7 hours ago, Jango said:

So...

Did you guys, erm, saw this?

[...]

BECAUSE THESE NEEDS TO BE ZONES IN MANIA OHMYGAWD. That kind of ice zone trope is exactly what I've suggested years ago here in a topic about "which tropes would you like to see in the next Sonic games?". At night, with these village-like lamposts. Damn. Also, freaking ghost zone!

Ice Cap Night zone would be really cool.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

It's hard to say, Honestly. Aaron said a couple weeks back that it would be a "little while" before we got something knew. That's so vague that it's impossible to say how much time that could possibly mean.

Yeah, I wouldn't long for more stuff until December at least. 

To keep the hype, I'm currently playing retro games only (Super Nintendo and Mega Drive games) XD My next goal is to get a retro controller to enhance the experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been years since a main series Sonic game was announced a year prior to its release, so it's kinda hard to assume when new info about the game will be posted. I have a hunch we may get some new stuff in November and December, and then maybe a final round of information in February-April prior to release (depending on when Mania is actually released).

Aside from a look at new zones, I also want to see Tails and Knuckles in action. Namely for their new sprites (I'd be surprised if they didn't get new sprites that match Mania's artstyle) as well as if they, like Sonic, also got any new abilities. But more importantly I want to know more about the game itself in terms of story, gameplay modes / content, and development. Multiplayer? Any non-playable characters that play a role in the story? How the game got off the ground? Materials like that among others.

• Thumbs Up 6

Next demo should be with Tails or Knuckles, in a new (brand new or reimagined) zone. Before Christmas would be fine for me. 

Actually, I'd rather know info just about gameplay, not zones, special stages, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, molul said:

Next demo should be with Tails or Knuckles, in a new (brand new or reimagined) zone. Before Christmas would be fine for me. 

Actually, I'd rather know info just about gameplay, not zones, special stages, etc. 

It that's the case, the next playable character will be Tails and then Knuckles

1 hour ago, molul said:

Me too. It is difficult to avoid checking out all the new stuff that comes out but if something I want to (and try to) keep the rest of the levels as a surprise. I'm excited to see Knuckles in action.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Gabe said:

Any non-playable characters that play a role in the story?

I'm 90% sure someone official confirmed a while back that the game will only feature the trio and Eggman, but naturally there's still plenty of dev time to slip something else in if they changed their mind I guess.

I actually won't mind if Metal isn't in the game but if he's not in Mania 2, then let there be riots!

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the re-imagined Sonic CD stages would be the perfect excuse and location to bring back Metal. He was left destroyed in Stardust Speedway.....so maybe Sonic will encounter a fully recovered MS on Little Planet again.

Wouldn't mind a Metal Sonic boss fight. I didn't really care for the CD fight. Thought it was really annoying. I would like it more if it were like the Generations boss fight, which was much better, imo.

I'm thinking Metal could be a more Knuckles-style character in Mania, with little cutscenes at the start of the first act of each zone showing Metal flicking switches or whatever to do something to Sonic (Think the short cutscenes with Knuckles in Sonic 3), then at the end a boss fight with him similar to Metal's boss fight in Generations where the ground behind you falls to remind you not to go slow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Watching through the Green Hill footage again.

Easily the best version of the zone in any Sonic game to date. Just wow.

Studiopolis...that level never ceases to amaze me.

So much hype from just two levels.

...goddammit guys now I want a Metal fight to the degree of any of the above posts. TaxStealth what have you guys planned? ?

My only beef with Metal is that I'd like Sonic 4 to remain canon and not have Mania contradict it's story.  I know, I KNOW but goddamn if it isn't one of the few times in recent years they've actually appreciated continuity in the overall Sonic canon and I'd like that effort to not be snarled at just because Mania is overwriting 4 as the true follow-up to the classics gameplay-wise.

Though granted deleting Sonic 4 from the canon undoes the fact that the Miracle Planet is, until further notice, an inactive Death Egg Mk. II forever so... hum actually sure whatever I could go either way.

• Thumbs Up 9

On the subject of Metal Sonic, the Brainscratchcomms crew actually had the right idea going when they did their Sonic 4 Episode 2 commentary.

Metal Sonic attacks you in White Park and Sky Fortress before racing you inside the Death Egg. Their argument was that Metal Sonic would, at first, probably be more interested in proving his speed against Sonic and then when he inevitably fails again he'd turn around and be like "alright I'm not racing him anymore, now I'm just going to outright kill him". 

Metal Sonic in the classic era is still very much under Eggman's programming. From a robot's perspective, it probably would follow that if you can't beat an opponent then the next solution is to eliminate them.

As much as the series doesn't really bother with continuity, this change in outlook would set Metal up nicely for his role in Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 6