Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

As soon as the collectors edition goes back up on Amazon, I am gonna pre-order it. Was really impressed when it was first announced for the US and was hoping it would be released for those of us on this side of the pond.

I wonder if Project 2017 will get a collectors edition too?

I'm still waiting to see if they put the PC version out for pre-order here in Europe rather than paying mass amount of money among imports from America.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Officially confirmed for a few countries in Europe now:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/17/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-races-into-europe/

Pre-ordered, I'm quite happy that they listened to us. This doesn't fix the problem with Sonic in Europe, but it's a step into the right direction. Still curious why we didn't get a PC release though. Also I hope that the other countries here will be able to get their hands on this as well. It's probably just a matter of time. 

40 minutes ago, kimplix said:

I'm still waiting to see if they put the PC version out for pre-order here in Europe rather than paying mass amount of money among imports from America.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, the digital release probably won't be too expensive, so you could buy the CE and then the digital PC version digitally.

Or ask someone to buy it for you and you'll give him the code for PS4 / Xbox One.

I know I will souns salty, but why not all of Europe?

I get that those are big countries, but I think its really unfair.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Popo (Diamond) said:

I know I will souns salty, but why not all of Europe?

I get that those are big countries, but I think its really unfair.

LikeI said, from now on it's probably just a matter of time.

Also importing within the EU luckily isn't too expensive. Better than getting it from America at least.

Amazon Spain has listed the game but it's not available yet...So, I guess other countries will have their edition too.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't read the Playstation Blog Post so forget what I said...

Thanks for the updates guys.

Pre-Ordered now. I agree though, it is a shame that the PC version isn't being released over here, would have been nice to see. Still, at least we are getting it in some form, grateful for that.

Wow, it's a shame there's no PC version. I'm getting the UK version, since it's not coming to Italy apparently, importing it costs less than 99€ anyway.

10 minutes ago, Marcello said:

US price is without taxes. Taxes for us in Germany are roughly about 15€ for the Collector's Edition, so we'd be at €75.

... which is still more than in the US, about €10 (with the current currency rate).

I don't know, as happy as I am about the EU release for the CE, something feels odd about it. Why didn't we get the PC release (which should be more popular than the console release, as I'd think)? Why did they only release it in 4 European countries?

Also TimmiT mentioned on Twitter that it's already sold out on Amazon UK: 

... which is extremely fast. Comparing it to the US here, where you can still pre-order it just fine. Don't wanna be too negative about this (because like I said, I'm really happy about the EU release), but it kinda feels that we got 'the leftovers' from the US. If that's not the case, I'd love to hear some answers regarding my questions above at some point, maybe we'll hear something in the next SEGA Central episode. 

And I really hope that other countries get their hands on this as well, at least those inside the EU.

3 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

US price is without taxes. Taxes for us in Germany are roughly about 15€ for the Collector's Edition, so we'd be at €75.

... which is still more than in the US, about €10 (with the current currency rate).

I don't know, as happy as I am about the EU release for the CE, something feels odd about it. Why didn't we get the PC release (which should be more popular than the console release, as I'd think)? Why did they only release it in 4 European countries?

... which is extremely fast. Comparing it to the US here, where you can still pre-order it just fine. Don't wanna be too negative about this (because like I said, I'm really happy about the EU release), but it kinda feels that we got 'the leftovers' from the US. If that's not the case, I'd love to hear some answers regarding my questions above at some point, maybe we'll hear something in the next SEGA Central episode. 

And I really hope that other countries get their hands on this as well, at least those inside the EU.

Actually, the collector's here in Europe costs a little less (90€ vs 104€) than it would cost by importing it from America using Amazon Global Shipping (given the Amazon Prime discount). I guess they're not producing them in Europe, they're just importing, that's why it costs more.

lol I hope you like pics guys

6 hours ago, TombRaiderBendy said:

The collectors edition on Amazon UK is already a best seller!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?k=sonic+mania

Also a bestseller in the French store too. Screencapped for justice (the Xbox One C.E. wasn't so lucky, it's currently sitting on #17 in UK and nowhere in Fr Top 50).

XKHR74P.pngJSkvE0n.png

(Mania C.E. has also taken spots for the Movers and Shakers section.) (UK and FR)

pcblRyo.png16zO4J3.png

By the by, Mania shooting up in the best-sellers charts also happened when the US Collector's Edition was announced.

UorkVWg.png

And speaking of it being sold out in UK, you're not in luck if you're in France either...

KtTazaL.png

*cough* sohowaboutaphysicalreleasesega *cough*

• Thumbs Up 3

No PC CE version for Europe if this comment is anything to go by.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/17/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-races-into-europe/#comment-738601

Germany still has units available.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01M9A8WRB/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1476727035&sr=8-12&keywords=sonic+mania

Odds are it'll be exactly the same as the English version.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ruki185 said:

The PS4 version was sold out before on the U.S. Amazon site at one point during the day, but then pre-orders opened right back up later. Not sure if I have any pics stored anywhere to back this up, but may or may not have some people in here pages back talking about it here. So, I do think there's a chance that more could be available for Europe in a little bit (or later on) and the waiting game just has to continued being played. 

Holy shit guys, top 3 in almost every country they're releasing it, what the hell?!? Jesus, SEGA, finally woke up to life.

• Thumbs Up 5

They would be crazy not to do a disc version. Capitalize on this hype, Sega. Can you imagine all of the children who were growing up during the 16 bit days now being grown adults, most of them being parents, seeing a brand new classic Sonic game? 

That would fly off of store shelves.

I don't really mind about a physical game. I mean, I've been buying games on Steam for more than 5 years, and some physical games I've bought lately (the two Starcraft 2's expansion packs, for instance) just had an installer that opened a website to download the game.

I understand those who want the disc, but it's only a matter of time that discs disappear and you only buy codes, at least on many countries.

To me, what Sega should learn from this is that they can make money with nostalgia if they get it right. That is: make Sonic Mania a new Sonic franchise for us classic fans, bring Sonic 3&K remastered, port Sonic 1 and 2 remasters to PC and consoles, and consider remaking or rebooting other old but loved Sega franchises like Ristar, Streets of rage, etc.

• Thumbs Up 3