Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Mark1 said:

How would people feel about this game being made portable? 

SEGA please make this wonderful game available on all platforms, including Switch. It needs the biggest market possible. 

Hide contents

just want to play this on the bus to work ?

Mania will be ported to Switch....eventually. Mark my words!

Even though Switch is coming in March next year before Mania, I can't think of any reason why Mania would not be released on the new console by the end of 2017 or early 2018 at the latest. Especially as Project 2017 is coming to Switch, why would Mania be ignored? It wouldn't make any sense.

Regardless of the Wii U not being as successful as the Wii or the three Sonic-game exclusive Nintendo deal coinciding with some poor titles, the fact is Sonic games do have a decent following on Nintendo platforms. SEGA would be hurting themselves by ignoring Nintendo. If we are to get a theoretical sequel to Mania, then the more sales the better and it's important Mania comes to all current-gen platforms (mobile included). 

Just now, Slingerland said:

I can answer this question for you. It's neither Tax or Stealth.

Here are the guys on the dev team who do the level design:

bear5.jpgBearTableComputer.jpg

They're very experienced. Hope you found this helpful!

Oh boi! I can bearly handle my hype from such fantastic level designers!

Send my praises to them with honey and hopefully they don't attack you and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Absolutely hoping this comes to Nintendo Switch, this would be spectacular for playing on the go. Given that it can run Unreal Engine 4 with no issues, the Retro Engine should have no problem running on it.

6 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

The hangup with getting Mania ported to the Switch would have much less to do with hardware specs; the Retro Engine could function on a toaster. It has everything to do with them getting their hands on a devkit. They're sponsored by Sega, but we're not sure what that entails; we don't know if that means they've been allowed to work on it prior to its reveal yesterday. Now, if they were given the devkit right now and told that they have free reign to make it work, I believe they could port it in time without issue, at the very worst a 'slightly' delayed release compared to other platforms.

That doesn't necessarily mean we'll be getting it for the Switch, though. There's always something.

This. Given how many Indies have shown their support for Switch already, we can only hope Pagoda West and Co. Have their hands on a devkit. Once again, I say people need to just start making their voice heard on social media, If fan requests can get Mania's collector's edition to come to Europe, I don't see why a port of Mania to Switch is even close to out of the question.

On 21/10/2016 at 7:13 PM, BenderTheBatman said:

How about Mania's announcement trailer, but with a twist.....

Dude, that's some serious work for what it is :o

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

First physical advert for Mania, at Brand License Europe.

CueZMy5WgAAhLaU.jpg

Looks more like Sonic Boom to me. 

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Look to the right of Amy...

• Thumbs Up 4

First physical advert for Mania, at Brand License Europe.

CueZMy5WgAAhLaU.jpg

Look in the bottom right next to Amy.

Not sure if this is just an estimated date, or what, but Amazon actually shows Sonic Mania as being released April 25th for both the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

2016-10-22 20.24.33.png

On 22/10/2016 at 4:13 AM, BenderTheBatman said:

How about Mania's announcement trailer, but with a twist.....

That's one high quality rip. Good god.

It could be likely that it comes to the Switch, Sega does have a devkit. We'll see, and hope it is.

It's been three months since the reveal. I think it's definitely time for a new trailer. I can't remember the last time a main series Sonic game has gone without a new trailer for 3 months during it's promotion period.

12 minutes ago, Zippo said:

It's been three months since the reveal. I think it's definitely time for a new trailer. I can't remember the last time a main series Sonic game has gone without a new trailer for 3 months during it's promotion period.

I don't think we'll be seeing another trailer for Mania until late-November/early-December, honestly. Although I certainly wouldn't complain if I was wrong.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm actually kinda glad Sega is seemingly holding back on revealing a majority of the game's content before release. Usually the opposite happens and Sega shows off at least 80% of a new Sonic title before it even manages to land in anyone's hands.

In fact, some of my favorite games have been those that I went into almost completely blind, so it'll be nice to have a similar experience with Mania when it releases. Of course, I've also been incredibly disappointed by games that I purposefully went into blindly (e.g. BioShock Infinite), so hopefully Mania's overall quality lands on the brighter end of the spectrum.

• Thumbs Up 6

36 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I'm expecting the next trailer say coming to Nintendo Switch 

15 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

A video from from Kinda Funny playing as Tails and Knuckles in a new Zone called Mirage Saloon!

Today is a good day.

They mentioned that the Drop Dash is exclusive to Sonic. I don't know if we knew this already, but it's disappointing to me. :P