Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

I haven't watched the whole video yet but I'm so glad to see this. Knuckles' new sprites look incredible and I'm so glad he's kept his old pinkish hue. His sprites look better than the rest =^)

I'm also really glad they mentioned the drop dash is Sonic exclusive. It fits him perfectly as a signature move and as awesome as the insta-shield was I never felt it was quite enough to set him apart from Tails' or Knuckles' signature abilities.

Another thing, I was ecstatic when I saw the Bark, Bean, and Fang wanted posters were back too. This is groovy. I hope Mighty appears in some form whether it's a missing poster or in the flesh =)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mirage Saloon a Desert Dazzle & Dust Hill hybrid. I fucking called it! :P

Loving Tails flight animation. He's so cute!

Even the Tails head-set on the select screen looks cool! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Classic style 2-player co-op is confirmed in the video, and that's rad.

Just inject this game into my veins already. 2017 needs to hurry up. 

• Thumbs Up 2

WHAT.

After long deliberation and debate, I've decided to go on full media blackout with Mania. I'll see y'all whenever this thing is supposed to come out!

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

And Bean and Bark 

CvtPJ3QXYAAY1Ji.jpg

Nice touch Taxman.  It's not quite as appealing as Studiopolis, but I love how it goes to town on the western look, right down to the buzzard head bumpers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is amazing, Knuckles and Tails's animations are soooooo good to look at.

And I'm really surprised on a random day we'd get to see a new stage, in this case, a Desert with saloon elements integrated such as spinning seats and occasional rag-time piano walls, floor and ceilings - and despite the talking, from what I could make out - the level's theme is bliss.

It would be pretty neat if one of the 3 characters shown on the posters appeared as a boss, like Nack - It feels way to fitting in a dessert/saloon level to have him there as some Act 1 boss, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Gosh darn the new zones are SO creative.  I wanted to see just one to confirm, now I have, this absolutely gives me high hopes.  All the new level gimmicks we've seen in MIrage Saloon are totally on par with Studiopolis and gives me total confidence that they can create really cool, creative platforming level design without having to rely on nostalgia (which both the remastered zones do of course and Studiopolis does a fair bit as well).  I just adore the water spout paths and the big gun cannons with the gloves.  Such a gorgeous bit of flair even if they aren't totally original concepts.  But you know, when you've been playing Sonic Boom for the last couple weeks which just copies the Donkey Kong Country cannons lock stock and barrel (hurr) it's great to see that kind of nice extra mile touches that I desperately want out of a new Sonic.

I think this'll be it for me too, gonna be avoiding any further footage, I'm 100% into it (well... as if I wasn't already) but yep, this is good, so so good.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Classic style 2-player co-op is confirmed in the video, and that's rad.

Just inject this game into my veins already. 2017 needs to hurry up. 

This. Seriously, with the Switch and Mania releasing around the same time, it's gonna be an incredible Spring.

I love the new wild west themed zone, is really nice and cool to see it’s a remade version of the discarded Sonic CD extra level. Tails & Knuckles have very nice sprites as expected. =)

However it is disappointed for me to hear from this video it’s basically confirmed no playable Amy… and having to hear yet another so called fan rant on briefly how it’s good no other characters besides the classic 3 guys are playable. ( T_T ) … Welp maybe someday in a Mania 2... Sigh.

Each act has two "giant" rings confirmed.

So looks like each act will allow two special stage attempts, like in Sonic 3D blast.

azCCi61.png

Sonic with Tails following. The bros are back together!

I'm so happy!

• Thumbs Up 2

Did this go up too early?

I haven't seen anything from Sega or Aaron yet. Sounds like this was supposed to accompany some kind of trailer.

Wow, amazing new stage! Why does it remind me A LOT of this, haha

rayman-origins-playstation-3-ps3-1321978

And Desert Dazzle return of course... :) Animations of characters are great.

Seem to be confirmed you can play multiplayer in this game. I wish you can play this online too..

• Thumbs Up 6

Alright! Pretty cool! I like the wanted posters with Bean, Bark and Fang. The return of 2-player sounds cool as well. I wonder if we're gonna be able to have a 2P Knuckles to Sonic's 1P this this time, something like that?

Oh god, I am really loving the Mirage Saloon act 2 theme. 

It's just so good! Damn, I'm loving the new music so much. 

Poor Nack, Bean and Bark. Doomed to only appear as Wanted posters in anniversary games.

Surprised at how different from it's old ones Knuckles' sprites look compared to Sonic and Tails'. They now look like a mix of Sonic 3 and Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh holy shiz that came out of NOWHERE

MY GOD the animations for Tails are too cute! And Knuckles' balancing animation was pretty funny.

I'm not sure whether I mentioned this before, but honestly the level design here is my favorite part about this game. The insane level details and references in Studiopolis. That good feel in Green Hill Zone. The colors in Mirage Saloon. It fits with the game and makes it feel alive, along with the freaking good gameplay.

Excellent, something other than Studiopolis Act 1! Mirage Saloon's music is amazing and along with Studiopolis makes me want Tee Lopes to make a whole solo album in this style. I'm slightly disappointed that there aren't any Act 2 remixes (at least not so far), but that's just a minor thing, I guess. It's nice to see Tails and Knuckles are animated just as well as Sonic and have their own new quirks.

EDIT: I was skipping around the video and mistook a part of Studiopolis Act 1 I didn't recognize as Act 2, my bad :y

2 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Excellent, something other than Studiopolis Act 1! Mirage Saloon's music is amazing and along with Studiopolis makes me want Tee Loops to make a whole solo album in this style. I'm slightly disappointed that there aren't any Act 2 remixes (at least not so far), but that's just a minor thing, I guess.

How do we know? Unless I missed it being mentioned in the video, only Mirage Saloon Act 2 is shown.