Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

4 hours ago, Slingerland said:

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

My computer just mega quoted the shit out of Slingerland, sorry about that, mods. Lol.

Edited by Zippo
Clarification lol

7 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

azCCi61.png

Somewhere, @Tenko just broke into a dance.

Haha I hadn't heard the news until I saw Ian make a post about the Hooligans being in the new gameplay for Mania. I was like "Are you serious?!". Wish it was a boss right but I'll take what I can get, any recognition outside the comics is a positive!!

It's all looking so beautiful tho regardless, I don't want to spoil myself with too much info, but at the same time I don't want to miss anything either...it's hard to decide if I want to go on full blackout or not.

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Does this mean we might also Get Wood Zone, a console hidden palace and... all those other cancelled zones Sega likes to pretend that we don't know about? 

He did say it's not in a new zone, so it could be in a revamped zone or the inevitable Sonic Mania and Amy (and maybe the Chaotix, Sally, and more)

latest?cb=20130902160436

?????

WUHHH 

BRU.

Hot damn, I haven't watched any gameplay of the new level yet, but by the screencaps I'm pretty sure it's amazing. It's starting to get HARD to dodge spoilers ? I REALLY want to go blind on this one... Maybe just watch a second trailer..

I'm really loving how this game is looking so far with Tails and Knuckles in action along with Mirage Saloon Zone, plus with that Nack, Bark and Bean wanted poster is pretty cool. The expressions on Tails and Knuckles are just so lovely, I can't handle it!

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Taxman isn't a fan of CD's level design either. Looking forward to seeing what he improves in the chosen levels.

_20161026_230739.JPG

This makes sense given the differences between Mania and CD (Level Design wise). Keen to see how they change up the CD stage(s) to have better design while staying true to its original game. 

The new level looks a lot tougher than other ones, or the guy playing just had too much of a grudge on some of those badniks. (That was funny to watch) 

Knuckles' new sprites look so good when watching the video a second time. There was always something about his sprite in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.... 

Tempted to go on a media black out as well. As we can see the quality of level design goes beyond Studiopolis zone.

Spoiler

Okay I lie. Want to see just one level remake to see how it makes the new Green Hill Zone look so tame in comparison.

Well, that was a bolt of the blue!! (yes, I know.. :-p). Gameplay looks really good, Mirage Saloon Zone is beautiful looking, glad to finally see Tails and Knuckles in action and it didn't disappoint. Tails pose when he finishes the stage is so adorable and Knuckles being able to hang on to walls with 1 fist!!! All the signs point to a superbly made game, IS IT SPRING YET?!?!?

This brings up another question. With how this is looking, do people believe that it could potentially top all of the Genesis games as the most critically acclaimed Classic Sonic experience so far?

18 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

This brings up another question. With how this is looking, do people believe that it could potentially top all of the Genesis games as the most critically acclaimed Classic Sonic experience so far?

Taxman/Stealth may be all that and a bag of potato chips, and this game is looking fantastic, but nothing will top the masterpiece that is Sonic 3K. /Personal opinion