Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Ah, good, Mania still has some surprises up its sleeve. I was wondering how much was going to be revealed about Mania before release. Can't wait until the game comes out!

59 minutes ago, CuzEyeCan said:

But Sonic 4 was by Dimps, though.

I thought both Sonic Team and Dimps were involved. Anyway, I'm pretty happy a new group of talented people will handle it this time and it sure is looking good so far.

Sonic Team provided some assistance with Sonic 4, but other than that, Sonic 4 was all developed by Dimps.

I believe if Sonic Team had developed this, it would be more like Gens' Classic stages, which also wasn't accurate to the classics in terms of physics.

So, yeah.

EDIT: Shit, Ninja'd, lol. But, you get my point.

Wish I could've been here (or on twitter) to see the reactions. My phone died so I couldn't. ;-;

Well, I did hear the cheers coming from inside the House of Blues when it was announced. It was pretty intense so I assume everyone else had a similar reaction, hehe.

8 minutes ago, BenderTheBatman said:

VlgXG.gif

Tristan is like those dudes who still argue why Sonic 2006 wasn't called SA3.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, but at 2:50 in this footage it shows Tails having a hitbox below him in midflight. It would be pretty fun if that works on enemies and not just monitors.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Blazey Firekitty said:

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, but at 2:50 in this footage it shows Tails having a hitbox below him in midflight. It would be pretty fun if that works on enemies and not just monitors.

I think it was already mentioned that was a bug, Tails isn't supposed to do that.

Ha! Thanks for the update, guess it's not surprising in an early build. Oh well, traditional Sonic 3 style Tails gameplay will still be fun.

Wait, that's a bug? Aw, man. That could have been so useful. :(

*sighs* Oh well. It's not like having to land on them first and then spin jumping on them was that big of a deal, anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blazey Firekitty said:

12 minutes ago, Soni.exe said:

I think it was already mentioned that was a bug, Tails isn't supposed to do that.

Yep, Taxman confirmed this over on Retro:

Yeah, it's not meant to happen, the problem was with the animation ID in the collision code (game dev hooray!) 

• Thumbs Up 2