Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

16 hours ago, EllieBot said:

This is neat:

Real talk both this and the Studiopolis one gave me this vision of Smooth4Lyfe getting the same "from fan content maker to official content maker" promotion like Taxman, Stealth, Pagoda West and Tee Lopes and providing rap vocals for a Sonic - You Can Do Anything-esque lyrical theme song for a future classic-style Sonic game. Just imagining that and it feels so right in my head.

• Thumbs Up 9

16 hours ago, Slingerland said:

A real one already exists, remember? Gotta go to Tokyo.

Wait I know that tweet is old but that screenshot in the middle...maybe it's just the lighting in the photograph...but is that Green Hill Zone—at night?

edit: it's probably just that cave section we've seen in Act One but I can't quite tell

Yeah, that looks like the miniboss fight. The red-orange ball in the top center is one half of the boss.

17 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Wait I know that tweet is old but that screenshot in the middle...maybe it's just the lighting in the photograph...but is that Green Hill Zone—at night?

edit: it's probably just that cave section we've seen in Act One but I can't quite tell

It shows the mini-boss fight at the end of act1 which takes place in an underground cave setting, which is where act2 continues from.

http://m.imgur.com/8jwngTz

This apparently just showed up, a GameStop in Germany is listing two Sonic games along with other Switch games. Does this mean Mania is coming to Switch? A possible physical release?Guess we'll find out in 72 hours or so.

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

http://m.imgur.com/8jwngTz

This apparently just showed up, a GameStop in Germany is listing two Sonic games along with other Switch games. Does this mean Mania is coming to Switch? A possible physical release?Guess we'll find out in 72 hours or so.

If the blatantly tentative title "Project Sonic 2017" is listed, why would Mania be listed as just Sonic? 

It's odd that there's two listings, aye, but I'm baffled as to why the game with a finalised title would be the non-specific entry. 

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

If the blatantly tentative title "Project Sonic 2017" is listed, why would Mania be listed as just Sonic? 

It's odd that there's two listings, aye, but I'm baffled as to why the game with a finalised title would be the non-specific entry. 

Placeholder, perhaps? It's very odd, a generic "Monster Hunter" is there too, we haven't gotten any word about that either, makes me wonder. Though this isn't surprising news if true, people have been clamoring for a physical and a Switch version of Mania since it's announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Placeholder, perhaps? It's very odd, a generic "Monster Hunter" is there too, we haven't gotten any word about that either, makes me wonder. Though this isn't surprising news if true, people have been clamoring for a physical and a Switch version of Mania since it's announcement.

Folks definitely want it, but whether Pagoda and co can manage/have managed to get a devkit is another question. Even then, porting would take time; I doubt a launch day release is realistic, even if Mania ends up launching March.

9 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Folks definitely want it, but whether Pagoda and co can manage/have managed to get a devkit is another question. Even then, porting would take time; I doubt a launch day release is realistic, even if Mania ends up launching March.

Small indie developers have their hands on Switch devkits, I believe two indies have announced their games in the past few weeks, I don't see why they couldn't have one, we know Sega already does. Taxman refused to comment on Twitter about it, for what it's worth. Sega's listening to fans more often now, for sure. This could go either way but I have a gut feeling we'll hear about at least one of the Sonic games Thursday night. Nintendo very well knows what a huge asset the Sonic franchise can be to their systems.

26 minutes ago, Jango said:

What if... It's just Sonic...? Not Sonic the Hedgehog.

They'd probably get sued due to the potential for confusion (as seen here :P )

1 hour ago, Jango said:

What if... It's just Sonic...?

A paid for App by the fast food company. Get your Sonic in 30min or a $1 voucher code.

Hey if this were a Microsoft console you wouldn't be laughing, you'd be crying, and you know it. 

• Thumbs Up 8

14 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Maybe they listed Sonic Mania as "Sonic" because they don't want to get people know yet that it's coming to Switch? Before SEGA announced it themselves?

18 minutes ago, Spееdy said:

Maybe they listed Sonic Mania as "Sonic" because they don't want to get people know yet that it's coming to Switch? Before SEGA announced it themselves?

I was thinking this could be the case too. There's also a generic Monster Hunter listing (most likey meaning XX, which hasn't been confirmed for Switch) and Dragon Quest X, which is coming to Switch, but no localization has been announced. The fact that there are two different Sonic listings doesn't seem like a mistake or an unintentional slip up. Either way, we'll find out soon.

In all honesty, I just don't see it. If Sonic Mania is coming to the Nintendo Switch, they would had most likely said something by now. Considering that Project Sonic 17, a game coming much later then Sonic Mania, had the NX name listed in the trailer. I'm not saying it's impossible, and they could definitely surprise us, but the chances are pretty low. Maybe it's something original? After all it's not the first time Nintendo ends getting an exclusive Sonic title around the same time as a mainline game. (Sonic Rush, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Genesis, Sonic and the Secret Rings. Etc.) But yeah, that's also extremely unlikey. even if we have gotten multiple sonic games in a year before. (2006, 2007, 2010 and 2012.) So personally, it's false until further notice for me. (Though I'm not believing in anything untill the Switch gets revealed.)

Maybe it was a more recent decision on their part following demand. This game is more popular with gamers than Project 2017, which this event on Thursday is more aimed at. Nintendo may want to keep it under embargo to surprise folk with a list of third party games coming out this year. 

...I can dream too ? I work outside of home a lot. The Switch will likely be more useful to me than PS4 is. Playing this during my breaks would be a treat.

14 minutes ago, BlueBlur91 said:

In all honesty, I just don't see it. If Sonic Mania is coming to the Nintendo Switch, they would had most likely said something by now. 

While I'm not believing anything until i see it, but how in the world would any of us know this? None of us know Sega's marketing schedule, and none of us know what's going on in the development room. Mania could already be finished for all we know. It's just a wait and see situation.

5 minutes ago, Mark1 said:

Maybe it was a more recent decision on their part following demand. This game is more popular with gamers than Project 2017, which this event on Thursday is more aimed at. Nintendo may want to keep it under embargo to surprise folk with a list of third party games coming out this year. 

There's a chance we could see both games on Thursday. Also, for what it's worth, Nintendo apparently does have a majority of third parties under embargo until Thursday night, that could also be another possible reason.

Just can't see project 2017 be shown this week. For what it's worth sega would tease us for an announcement trailer. 

Mania, on the otherhand, I could see happening to generate hype. We've seen plenty of this game already that sega wouldn't need to tease us of any form of announcement.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

I was thinking this could be the case too. There's also a generic Monster Hunter listing (most likey meaning XX, which hasn't been confirmed for Switch) and Dragon Quest X, which is coming to Switch, but no localization has been announced. The fact that there are two different Sonic listings doesn't seem like a mistake or an unintentional slip up. Either way, we'll find out soon.

It's not a mistake or an unintentional slip-up. It's a fake.

On 7.1.2017 at 10:31 PM, EllieBot said:

This game just looks so fucking good. When it gets close to release it's going to be so exciting on here.

You know, we need a Sonic Mania HYPE TRAIN!

kiklmt9.jpg

2d Sonic brings out the nostalgia in so many. I've said it before, I'm just so impressed with the overwhelming positive reception from fans and media. I hope Mania's success isn't a one-off. I hope it's the start of good things to come.

I love this. I want to be on board too! XD

So much 90s childhood nostalgia in this. I can't wait!