Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Here's the Trailer!

It's the ultimate Sonic celebration! Sonic returns in a new 2D platforming high speed adventure, and he's not alone! 

Developed in collaboration between SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games, experience new zones and remixed classic levels with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles!

• Thumbs Up 1

Was hoping for something in 3D honestly but this looks cool nonetheless. Wonder if this is the only game being announced. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

It looks great and all but... RIP modern fans :(

Yeah, the modern fans in the chat are pissed

"FUCK YOU SEGA"

3 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

Was hoping for something in 3D honestly but this looks cool nonetheless. Wonder if this is the only game being announced. 

I doubt it is. I'm sure we'll get something else down the line.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how they still haven't fixed the buzzing going on in the background.

At least the reveal trailer had sound. Could you imagine if they showed it off and the sound was still dead? Hell, from the sound of it I think the stream got to see it first.

Totally see this coming to the NX, but being saved as an announcement for the official reveal/christening ceremony where they actually give it a name(the NX I mean), I mean no way it skips Nintendo. And I'm getting it, looks fun

• Thumbs Up 2

Game looks really sick man, especially that city stage.

4 minutes ago, GuyWithThePie said:

It looks great and all but... RIP modern fans :(

I'm pretty sure Sonic Mania isn't the only thing they're announcing or showing off. Sonic Team has yet to show off their own Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping they are holding out on announcing a NX verison. I really want this game. If not I'll start upgrading my PC/laptop to handle the game.  I've wanted a classic game for a good while.

Just now, Omega Pipe said:

Game looks really sick man, especially that city stage.

I'm pretty sure Sonic Mania isn't the only thing they're announcing or showing off. Sonic Team has yet to show off their own Sonic game.

The City Stage has been confirmed as Studiopolis.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

This isn't the Sonic Team game. They already said they have way more to announce during the party.

HYPE

I'm hoping they are holding out on announcing a NX verison. I really want this game. If not I'll start upgrading my PC/laptop to handle the game.  I've wanted a classic game for a good while.

I feel like this game will run on anything with how optimized the engine is.

• Thumbs Up 6

The game looks great. Really cool to see someone who knows what he's doing working on this.

Not happy about old stages returning, though.

2 minutes ago, ShroomZ said:

Wonder if this is the only game being announced. 

Doubt it.

Anyway this looks really cool. Can't say that I'm super hyped for it, even given my heavy classic Sonic leanings, because...well, this is the game we should've had 20 years ago, rather than having to wait until 2017. But this looks like a lot of fun, and it's definitely encouraging to see it even happening after Sega's botched attempts at classic Sonic, so it's a good thing. So far, this event has exceeded my low expectations.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The City Stage has been confirmed as Studiopolis.

Whoops, my bad. ^.^; Got caught up in the moment, that or I didn't hear them that well (You know, because of that fucking buzzing noise).

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

The game looks great. Really cool to see someone who knows what he's doing working on this.

Not happy about old stages returning, though.

...why? It's just a bonus on top of a new game. There's the game AND returning stages. Think Smash Bro's when they bring back old stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'M IN TEARS! HOLY CRAP WHAT? I didn't think it was possible!

• Thumbs Up 1