Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, Tracker said:

...challenge accepted.

Also I shall now eat crow because CLASSIC SONIC GAME

Don't pretend you didn't have a leak made for this :U

Holy shiz, this actually looks really cool! The visual style and the animations just feel silk smooth which while doesn't really seem that much, is actually really enticing me to pick it up. Something about it just looks so entrancing.

No way this is the big Sonic game. Most likely it's just a side project helmed by Taxman/Stealth while Sonic Team works on their game.

I'll probably still end up liking this one better anyway lmao

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Hey guys.

We might find out very soon what it's like.

Wait, we have members of TSS Staff at the event?

Either way, please keep me posted, so I can throw the demo into the OP.

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

guys after the faux 2D Sonic games we've gotten over the years, I know Adventure/Modern fans are upset and I kinda wanted one too but

lets just take it a step at a time

this for now

also modern fans have always gotten what they want. 

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Hey guys.

We might find out very soon what it's like.

Well, I can't imagine it'll be anywhere near bad xD

I'm more excited for videos and the music they got on their USB sticks to be uploaded to Youtube.

My position is so strange. I feel like a parent who really just wants to see his children having fun. 

Like my dad when it came to Pokemon when I was a kid. What's been revealed here isn't for me at all and yet I want it to succeed so you lot can be happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am so down for Mania, looks great, Aaron said that they nailed the rolling physics, actual fans are working/composing the game and playable Tails and Knuckles in a non-Boom/mobile game. I can already tell this is gonna be great, getting this shit on day 1!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Mikyeong said:

also modern fans have always gotten what they want. 

Uh... not really? They pretty much all want something different. I know, for example, anyone who wants multiple playable characters in a main series game haven't gotten that since frickin' Sonic'06.

• Thumbs Up 8

I DON'T WANT TO WATCH THE DEMO VIDEOS BECAUSE SPOILERS BUT... IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE! Somebody please hold me :(

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Wait, we have members of TSS Staff at the event?

Either way, please keep me posted, so I can throw the demo into the OP.

Alex, Jason (I think), T-Bird, Jay Egg Man and I think one or two others are there too. 

Just keep following that blog post, its being updated periodically.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Jango said:

inb4 a thousand videos of people showing the rolling physics.

They'll just end up comparing the physics to Sonic Rush.

15 minutes ago, Soniman said:

AND WE  ALL THOUGHT A NEW GAME WOULD TEAR US APART AND BREED NEGATIVELY/INFIGHTING BUT NOPE, ITS CRYING AND CELEBRATING. 

ITS A GOOD DAY TO BE A SONIC FAN

the idea of there being a new official 2d game in an era when even more people across the world know of the existence of Sonic , and, can communicate their responses to the experience is really something amazing!  the energy of a sonic 2d game is something hard to describe but very human, it often feels much, much more natural than other video games!  it is special to think that maybe in 1997 if the 32x was still going and Saturn wasn't happening, a game similar to this might have been ready to happen!!  Now twenty years later it happens, and with as much support as possible and at a time when it is most inspiring!

there are possibly tens of thousands of people at the least... in some cases hundreds of thousands, on each continent on the planet that are going to be really amazed when they find out about this! 

I'm so in for this. Game looks great and I completely trust Taxman.

Now all we need is an NX version, come on BABY

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Mayor D said:

Alex, Jason (I think), T-Bird, Jay Egg Man and I think one or two others are there too. 

Just keep following that blog post, its being updated periodically.

Alright, I'll keep an eye on it.

Taxman remade the original 2 games + CD himself, right? The way he handled them was perfect. Probably the best recreation of Sonic physics I've seen from any attempt at producing them. If Sonic Mania feels just how he handled the other 3 games, we don't need to be concerned about physics. 

And that is wonderful. :D

BTW, Tee Lopes was confirmed for the soundtrack, right? But as main composer or ONE of them? BECAUSE I ALSO WANT MAH MAN NAOFUMI HATAYA BACK.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now, this is an interesting one. A new 2D game at last. If this is the start of a new 2D series developed by fans, for fans - I can sort of see a future where the 3D games no longer have 2D segments within them.

The game itself looks interesting, and I can't wait to give it a go.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

BTW, Tee Lopes was confirmed for the soundtrack, right?

Yes, Tee Lopes is doing the soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 2

A 2D Sonic game with remixed classic levels along with new ones? I'm satisfied! I'm definitely looking forward to playing it!

Positive air again. It's nice to be around that.

Even though this isn't my kind of game and the trailer did very little for me, I'm really hoping this ends up making the people who were looking for something like this really happy.