Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Taxman had this to say over on Retro

No Woody Zone sorry! Mirage Saloon was an obvious choice since Desert Dazzle didn't get its time to shine, and Dust Hill is legendary. But our other new Zones are focusing on new tropes entirely.

I'm so pleased for Taxman that he was finally able to bring elements of Desert Dazzle and make it into a complete zone. To think it started out as this, just a barren desert....

...and now it's become Mirage Saloon which looks impressive.

At the same time it's good to hear the other new zones will be focusing on new tropes.

• Thumbs Up 6

Does this mean we might also Get Wood Zone, a console hidden palace and... all those other cancelled zones Sega likes to pretend that we don't know about? 

• Thumbs Up 5

That enemy placement on Studiopolis is just atrocious, new zone looks cool though, not a huge fan of desert themed levels but there's some interesting gimmicks and all the Easter Eggs are a nice touch. As for the level design I remain unconvinced, just like Studiopolis this zone also borrows heavily from Sonic CD unfortunately, that part with the bumpers that keep pushing you back looks like it's been ripped straight out of Collision Chaos.

Edited by neezTHEhuman
grammar

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Does this mean we might also Get Wood Zone, a console hidden palace and... all those other cancelled zones Sega likes to pretend that we don't know about? 

Sonic 2 HD's Hidden Palace is technically available on console, provided you have an Apple TV (4th gen) and consider that at least mostly a console.

...hey, don't snipe me, the tvOS releases of Sonic 1 and 2 are fucking perfect and have 1080p and controller support and it's not my fault you don't have an Apple TV.

Apologies if it was already clarified, but did the Mania gameplay in the video have the CRT filter enabled? Or was it just the quality of the capture?

2 minutes ago, Metal the Mario said:

Apologies if it was already clarified, but did the Mania gameplay in the video have the CRT filter enabled? Or was it just the quality of the capture?

It's mentioned in the video, but aye, CRT filter is active. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Slingerland said:

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

My computer just mega quoted the shit out of Slingerland, sorry about that, mods. Lol.

Edited by Zippo
Clarification lol
  • Thumbs Up 1

HOLY SHATZ DIZ CAME OUT OF NOWHERE, DAMYUM.

OH God it's Desert Dazzle!!!!!!!!! Called it on page 1, hahahaha

Taxman, never had a doubt about it. ?

11 minutes ago, Zippo said:

What have you done 

_20161026_175825.JPG

I know those 3 are gonna show up, I just know it. I was joking about it at first, but now, oh boy...

UStwxY9.pngV28IRt9.gifUStwxY9.png

Ugh I can't wait to know more about this game

• Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

azCCi61.png

Somewhere, @Tenko just broke into a dance.

Haha I hadn't heard the news until I saw Ian make a post about the Hooligans being in the new gameplay for Mania. I was like "Are you serious?!". Wish it was a boss right but I'll take what I can get, any recognition outside the comics is a positive!!

It's all looking so beautiful tho regardless, I don't want to spoil myself with too much info, but at the same time I don't want to miss anything either...it's hard to decide if I want to go on full blackout or not.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Mayor D said:

He did say it's not in a new zone, so it could be in a revamped zone or the inevitable Sonic Mania and Amy (and maybe the Chaotix, Sally, and more)

latest?cb=20130902160436

?????

WUHHH 

BRU.

Hot damn, I haven't watched any gameplay of the new level yet, but by the screencaps I'm pretty sure it's amazing. It's starting to get HARD to dodge spoilers ? I REALLY want to go blind on this one... Maybe just watch a second trailer..

Mirage Saloon is probably my favorite design for a Sonic level aesthetically ever.

My goodness. GOODNESS, I SAY.

I'm really loving how this game is looking so far with Tails and Knuckles in action along with Mirage Saloon Zone, plus with that Nack, Bark and Bean wanted poster is pretty cool. The expressions on Tails and Knuckles are just so lovely, I can't handle it!

• Thumbs Up 2