Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Isn't it crazy to think how this year, the current voice cast of Sonic will have been voicing the characters as long as the 4kids/Sonic X voice cast?! Next year, if the voice cast is still around, they will have officially voiced the characters longer than the 4kids voice cast of Sonic. Making the current cast the longest reoccurring voice cast of the series.

It was about 14 years ago since the 4kids voice cast voiced the Sonic characters. It was 7 years ago since Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing last used the 4kids voices, and later this Fall, it will have been 7 years since the current cast made their debut in Sonic Free Riders.

Mike Pollock still holds the record for longest lasting consecutive voice actor out of any Sonic character. He's voiced Eggman for about 14 years!

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, ... said:

I thought I had Sticks and Amy's excellent staycation recorded but it's not on my DVR I have Inn Sanity on my DVR and I'm hoping that the show will record this time

Sorry to heae that man

6 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Isn't it crazy to think how this year, the current voice cast of Sonic will have been voicing the characters as long as the 4kids/Sonic X voice cast?! Next year, if the voice cast is still around, they will have officially voiced the characters longer than the 4kids voice cast of Sonic. Making the current cast the longest reoccurring voice cast of the series.

It was about 14 years ago since the 4kids voice cast voiced the Sonic characters. It was 7 years ago since Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing last used the 4kids voices, and later this Fall, it will have been 7 years since the current cast made their debut in Sonic Free Riders.

Mike Pollock still holds the record for longest lasting consecutive voice actor out of any Sonic character. He's voiced Eggman for about 14 years!

I still like some of the voice actors from 2005-2010 like Sonic's, Shadow's, Blaze's, Silver's and Eggman (Mike Pollock has voiced him since Shadow's game and still is). I hope Kirk Thornton can improve on Shadow's voice to sound more like Jason Griffiths (his voice fit perfectly as Shadow). Haven't heard very much of Blaze, Silver or Espio since the voice cast changed in 2010 with the exception of Sonic Generations. Rouge's you can obviously tell her voice is different from 2006 and Generations. Also notice the voice acting in Modern Sonic games are almost perfected in the CG cutscenes like the intros for Unleashed and the Black Knight games for example. In Sonic Forces however mid gameplay voice acting from Sonic, his friends and bosses are perfected as if it was a CG cutscene.

Now some of these voice actors take time to perfect their characters(like Kirk Thornton with Shadow). For example from Ratchet & Clank 1 - Ratchet & Clank 2, the only voice that they switched was Ratchet's, toward the beginning of R&C2 he doesn's quite sound like Ratchet until about half-way through the game he starts to sound like Ratchet, that voice is perfect for Ratchet and James Arnold Taylor has voiced him ever since, even in the movie. Clank, Qwark, Dr. Nefarious's and Lawrence's voices have been the same since the first 3 games. In Sly Cooper is a different example, now Sly's voice (Kevin Miller) matched him since the beginning it was Murray's (Chris Murphy) voice that changed over the course of the first 3 games, in part 1 Murray was kind of scared sounding also excited at the same time, in Sly 2 he sounded more strong and fearless (remember same voice for all 4 games) and in Sly 3 he sounded more of a mixture of Sly 1 and 2. Carmelita's voice in the Sly games was constantly being changed for all 4 games with each game having a different voice for her. Also Sly, Bentley and Murray's voices are the same for all 4 games and hopefully the TV Show and Movie. In the Sly Cooper movie teaser trailer, Bentley and Murray's voices are the same except Sly's, why have somebody else voice a character when the previous guy voiced Sly perfectly, anyways this shouldn't have anything to do with the show or movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

About Boom and the Teen Choice, it's not that I don't think the show's "good enough" to win the award, it's just that it would feel undeserving for it to win over much more popular and acclaimed shows, given it's a Teen CHOICE award, all of a certain age can vote, and it's supposed to represent the most popular show among an age group. It's not like the Oscars or Grammys where it's chosen by a panel. It winning over shows like FG and SU would really be kinda unrepresentative of what teens enjoy most.

Here's an analogy. Let's say there was a poll for "American's Favorite Film 2016", where everyone could vote on favorite film, and most nominations were popular films like Deadpool, Rogue One, Civil War, or Zootopia, but the winner was an acclaimed but not very popular film, like Sing Street, or Everybody Wants Some! or The Nice Guys. I'd imagine while fans of those movies would be happy most wouldn't be.

Same goes for this show, which is probably the least popular (Again, not the WORST, that's subjective) of all these shows.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

No matter what happens, it'll still get Season 3 confirmed, hopefully.

I wouldn't bet on it. A couple of the writers have indicated recently on Twitter that they aren't currently writing season 3, which they would be by this point if it was planned (for reference, season 2 entered production in early 2015, only a couple months into season 1).

Sadly, I don't think it's happening.

They wouldn't be able to say anything either way.

EDIT: I don't see anything on any of the writers' twitters so far that suggests they are implying anything about not writing anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I don't see anything on any of the writers' twitters so far that suggests they are implying anything about not writing anything.

Alan: "I'd sign up for that in a second."

Ergo he hasn't signed up for it, ergo season 3 isn't in production.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hold on a minute. There was a rumor as soon as last month about Sonic Boom being renewed. 

Really cool! A renewal of Sonic Boom will sound like a great idea! That's why we might get a Season 3 confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

They may have started planning stuff at the time. They simply could have not started yet. 

Eh, I'm holding off on discussing season 3 until it actually gets announced. The Boom crew probably aren't allowed to say or imply anything on the subject anyway and there's no way to verify the identity of the leaker.

We will probably hear more about if its happening or not next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind, he said not that I'm aware of. This doesn't mean that there isn't anything planned, just that he's not aware of anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Keep in mind, he said not that I'm aware of. This doesn't mean that there isn't anything planned, just that he's not aware of anything.

Wouldn't it be weird that rhe people woeking in the show aren't told it will be renewed.

5 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

like @Operationgamer17 said they may simply not have started production on sonic boom season 3 yet

but I agree with @RedFox99 I'm pretty sure that the people working on the show should know if there are plans for sonic boom season 3

Wouldn't SEGA themselves have to be the one to decide to give the go-ahead before telling the production studio, since Sonic is their property?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Wouldn't SEGA themselves have to be the one to decide to give the go-ahead before telling the production studio, since Sonic is their property?

That's actually a good point.