Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

He pretty told fans to look foward to the next four months as they are going to be big.

So that could mean the biggest episodes of Sonic Boom Season 2 or was he not specific on what he was referring to.

13 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

So that could mean the biggest episodes of Sonic Boom Season 2 or was he not specific on what he was referring to.

He was pretty vague probably he didn't want to spoil too much.

This is what he said:

Sonic Boom fans will need to look forward for the next 4 months because they are BIG ones. August is big too.

I'd say that from here on out of Season 2 we will see Shadow and the returning characters with more multi-parter episodes with more action, possibly starting with Inn Sanity. Also season 2 ends in almost four months, so my theory could be pretty accurate and also the Teen Choice Awards in August, which Sonic Boom will probably win.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, verygoodname said:

Is Sonic Boom still airing on CN unlisted because every time I check the CN schedule at 6:00 am it just says Teen Titans GO but is it actually Sonic Boom airing on CN unlisted

I do know that stuff like that happens from time to time, but for every saturday not likely.

2 hours ago, verygoodname said:

Is Sonic Boom still airing on CN unlisted because every time I check the CN schedule at 6:00 am it just says Teen Titans GO but is it actually Sonic Boom airing on CN unlisted

Sonic Boom hasn't aired on Cartoon Network at all this year. The last episode to reair on CN was "The Biggest Fan", but that was either late last year, or early January. There is no hope of ever seeing it back on CN. It's stuck on Boomerang for now.

The only way to see Sonic Boom on CN,is through CN On Demand, but it takes forever to get newer episodes on there, and it's not available for online tv providers...

• Thumbs Up 2

Here are the preview screens for "Inn Sanity". You know where they're from by now.

tumblr_osdv3hFWVv1u5cb23o1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_osdv3hFWVv1u5cb23o2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_osdv3hFWVv1u5cb23o4_r1_1280.png

"In order to afford payments on his secret base, Eggman changes it to a premier resort. Find out how a mad genius gets on in the frightening world of customer service in “Inn Sanity”, tomorrow’s Sonic Boom airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #sonic boom #season 2 #not gonna lie #we jumped the gun on mister eggman #that's NEXT week! #So we know some of you will screen cap it #not to say anything bad about this one #we love the eggman episodes #he's a surprisingly complex character #too bad by video game hero//villain guidelines of 1991 #we are contractually obligated to be mortal enemies #and destroy his things #we don't make the rules #but yes -- Mister Eggman is next Saturday #enjoy the sneak peek notification squad

...Huh. They must have posted the wrong preview images earlier and quickly deleted the post when they realized the mistake. Ah, well, couldn't get those.

You know, something that strikes me as funny is that in the first screenshot, Tails is wearing sunglasses... despite having a perfectly good pair of goggles on his forehead. I guess they don't keep the sun out?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah i read from a twitter post that someome sae next week's pictures instead. So it seems like Team Sonic (or at least everyone but Sticks) decide to get in on the inn; which may or maynot lead to them abusing the customer service and tire out Eggman. This might be interesting.

We have two episodes airing in a row that are written by Sam Freiberger, the same guy who is teasing Shadow's season 2 return. Inn Sanity and Mister Eggman are both written by Sam Freiberger. Here are some screenshots for Mister Eggman.

SB Mister Eggman PromoSB Mister Eggman Promo 2SB Mister Eggman Promo 3

• Thumbs Up 2

So all we know is that th boys are playing soccer and Eggman and the LBS are going out for dinner

13 minutes ago, verygoodname said:

I'm not one to complain but I wish they would at least give Boomerang HD support already so I can actually enjoy watching this show again... I don't see the point of making new episodes for a show if they won't let people easily watch the show

Yeah it does make you wonder why CN moved the show to Boomerang.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been really enjoying Sonic Boom Season 2. Now that I'm in a space where it's far easier to acknowledge it and accept it as it's own thing it's a lot easier not to fall into the trap of saying it's good because I want it to be or saying it's bad because I'm mad.

And I think it's pretty good. 

Despite that, I do still find myself lamenting a few things, such as how it very clearly has the ability to be one of the most popular shows on CN should it have been given an actual good time-slot. There's mountains of evidence in support of that and for some reason the new CN president seems more concerned with making Teen Titans GO! their Spongebob. It's not even a CN original show. It belongs to Warner Brothers. 

It's astonishing just how much that show plays on that channel. I don't even watch CN anymore except to check out Steven Universe on demand and watch Toonami on Saturdays but on the off chance I manage to catch an episode of Teen Titans GO! it's always some shit about being mad at the show's critics. It's not even that I hate the show or anything like that but something about it always feels so strangely vindictive.

I know when Amy said that line about studios farming out the same tired old properties and needing to make something new, they paused a bit as if to have a jab at themselves but stuff like Boom isn't really the issue when it comes to things like that in my opinion. You can take something that's primarily action-based and turn it into a comedy with good effect. Strategies like that birthed the great Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. You could even remake it within the same genre and still be fine. That's probably why the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles often have a lot of good reception concerning their shows. 

It's often more about how you take the essence of what a show once was, ignore it, and just capitalize on it's name to do whatever without really giving a shit. Doesn't matter if it's a comedy reboot or the total opposite. That's probably why people have such a harsh outlook on the Teen Titans reboot... and the Powerpuff Girls reboot... and the Ben 10 reboot... 

I hope the channel has something on the backburner when the good shows it does have finally end.

Anyway, I just came on to say I was enjoying the show and it turned into a rant. Sorry about that.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I've been really enjoying Sonic Boom Season 2. Now that I'm in a space where it's far easier to acknowledge it and accept it as it's own thing it's a lot easier not to fall into the trap of saying it's good because I want it to be or saying it's bad because I'm mad.

Despite that, I do still find myself lamenting a few things, such as how it very clearly has the ability to be one of the most popular shows on CN should it have been given an actual good time-slot. There's mountains of evidence in support of that and for some reason the new CN president seems more concerned with making Teen Titans GO! their Spongebob. It's not even a CN original show. It belongs to Warner Brothers. 

It's astonishing just how much that show plays on that channel. I don't even watch CN anymore except to check out Steven Universe on demand and watch Toonami on Saturdays but on the off chance I manage to catch an episode of Teen Titans GO! it's always some shit about being mad at the show's critics. It's not even that I hate the show or anything like that but something about it always feels so strangely vindictive.

I know when Amy said that line about studios farming out the same tired old properties and needing to make something new, they paused a bit as if to have a jab at themselves but stuff like Boom isn't really the issue when it comes to things like that in my opinion. You can take something that's primarily action-based and turn it into a comedy with good effect. Strategies like that birthed the great Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. You could even remake it within the same genre and still be fine. That's probably why the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles often have a lot of good reception concerning their shows. 

It's often more about how you take the essence of what a show once was, ignore it, and just capitalize on it's name to do whatever without really giving a shit. Doesn't matter if it's a comedy reboot or the total opposite. That's probably why people have such a harsh outlook on the Teen Titans reboot... and the Powerpuff Girls reboot... and the Ben 10 reboot... 

I hope the channel has something on the backburner when the good shows it does have finally end.

Anyway, I just came on to say I was enjoying the show and it turned into a rant. Sorry about that.

Well you've tot a point there. The network is really shoving TTG down our throats while shoving shows with potential like Boom aside to Boomerang. Hopefully though with the TCA nomination they might realize that Boom can be a good show. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

[rant about CN mistreating the show]

You don't have to apologize, man. We're all sick of how CN treats this show when we all know by now it has potential. I'm just glad you agree and like the show.

I just hope that CN sees the error of their ways soon. This show could be bigger in the US than it already is. Heck, if the TCA nomination is anything to go by, it's already pretty big.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know for a fact that TTGo got off on the wrong foot because of what got pulled to make the spot for it. The Teen Titans series and Young Justice after that had some serious cult followings and using that pedigree to pedal the Go! shenanigans felt like blastfamy right from the start. People were salty right from the get go, and the show isn't strong enough to change opinions. It just kinda snowballed from there.

I think Boom has evolved quite a bit and found its niche in season 2. The humor is more direct and pointed, leaning a little less on physical comedy and more on situational and referential material. Plots seem to be much better thought out, and the character foundations for the mid-tier guys (the more important recurring background characters) that were put in place in season 1 are being put to great use in season 2. Its nice to see them branch out to characters like Belinda - whom very easily could have been left as a comic relief wallflower - and utilize her as part of the growing villain ensemble. Its great to see an episode devoted to developing the Lighting Bolts, that still does well to keep Sonic and his friends driving the plot. The environment is starting to blossom. Sonic Boom is starting to become much more of a world. Its still the same ol' island with a handful of settings, but season 2 has gone a great length to utilizing and developing the people in that space.

Quite frankly, if Season 2 keeps up the momentum, then it will surpass SatAM as my #1 Sonic Cartoon. Never thought I'd see the day, but man do I look forward to every new episode of Boom.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm kind of hoping that if there is a season 3 that the show improves even more.

I'm hoping what they did with Belinda (minus the villiany and with a lot more heroics) in last week's episode they kinda do to Perci and maybe Zooey at in an future episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, verygoodname said:

You'd think that Cartoon Network would give a liked show about the second most popular video game character some respect

Yeah CN isn't professional when it comss to respect.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, verygoodname said:

Since SEGA is learning from their mistakes now I expect them to do the same with letting CN treat the Sonic Boom TV show this way

Again I'm not one to complain and I'm actually enjoying the show it's just I can't fully enjoy it if it isn't airing in HD quality like it should be... I just hope that changes when/if we get a season 3 for Sonic Boom

Well given that it has a Japanese dub now Sega seems to actually care about the subfranchise more

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that preview scren with Sonic, Amy, and Tails lounging with shades on.

I am hyped for this week's new episode, "Inn Sanity". Is it a coincidence that it comes out the same weekend as Crash N Sane Trilogy?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I love that preview scren with Sonic, Amy, and Tails lounging with shades on.

I am hyped for this week's new episode, "Inn Sanity". Is it a coincidence that it comes out the same weekend as Crash N Sane Trilogy?

Maybe... maybe not...

I just thought of something: do you think Team Sonic possibly driving Eggman insane could be personal pay back for the second episode of Season 1 where Eggman stays with Sonic and Tails? 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Maybe... maybe not...

I just thought of something: do you think Team Sonic possibly driving Eggman insane could be personal pay back for the second episode of Season 1 where Eggman stays with Sonic and Tails? 

Possibly, except they are paying to stay there. So far, this episode is giving me "Krusty Towers" vibes. That was a funny Spongebob episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Possibly, except they are paying to atay there. So far, this episode is giving me "Krusty Towers" vibes. That was a funny Spongebob episode.

I do wonder why they're staying there since it's the lair of their enemy and if other characters will be there.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Speaking of the Ben 10 reboot, here's the ratings it has gotten so far.

Season 1 of Sonic Boom has done better than this.

It is so ironic that a show largely ignored was able to rake in the ratings it did in its first season. And it managed to do it better than some of CN's own shows, even though they were actually promoted. They didn't even have to promote Sonic Boom all that much, and it would've destroyed the ratings of their own shows!

Cartoon Network...seriously.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Speaking of the Ben 10 reboot, here's the ratings it has gotten so far.

Season 1 of Sonic Boom has done better than this.

It is so ironic that a show largely ignored was able to rake in the ratings it did in its first season. And it managed to do it better than some of CN's own shows, even though they were actually promoted. They didn't even have to promote Sonic Boom all that much, and it would've destroyed the ratings of their own shows!

Cartoon Network...seriously.

It makes you wonder...

31 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

it would've destroyed the ratings of their own shows

And I think, Donnie, you have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head right here. That's exactly what CN wishes to avoid.

They don't want any competition for their legion of TTG reruns and merchandising, so they punted one of the few shows that could have stood up to it (given proper marketing) into the abyss of Boomerang.

It's a very scummy tactic, and one which I'm glad is coming back to bite them in the arse, what with Boom still being nominated for a major award despite their shenanigans.

• Thumbs Up 9

20 minutes ago, RLS Legacy said:

And I think, Donnie, you have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head right here. That's exactly what CN wishes to avoid.

They don't want any competition for their legion of TTG reruns and merchandising, so they punted one of the few shows that could have stood up to it (given proper marketing) into the abyss of Boomerang.

It's a very scummy tactic, and one which I'm glad is coming back to bite them in the arse, what with Boom still being nominated for a major award despite their shenanigans.

Plus aren't TTG views going down?