Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

It makes you wonder...

Its nothing to wonder about

They own Ben ten, they make more money off ben 10 and its toys than they do sonic. They don't care about sonic, and make some money off it, leaving it to die on boomerang whilst using it slot for things they can make more money off of. 

That's it. 

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Its nothing to wonder about

They own Ben ten, they make more money off ben 10 and its toys than they do sonic. They don't care about sonic, and make some money off it, leaving it to die on boomerang whilst using it slot for things they can make more money off of. 

That's it. 

I mean, it's an understandable business practice, but when it leaves great shows like Boom in the lurch, that's when it makes me mad.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I love that preview scren with Sonic, Amy, and Tails lounging with shades on.

I am hyped for this week's new episode, "Inn Sanity". Is it a coincidence that it comes out the same weekend as Crash N Sane Trilogy?

How could I have missed that since I'm keeping up on both Sonic Boom and Crash Bandicoot, after all Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy released yesterday. Also Crash's home is N, Sanity Island.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/07/01/archie-update-ian-flynn-ive-heard-we-should-get-sonic-news-by-end-of-july/ This article doesn't have anything to do with Sonic Boom season 2, except for Ian Flynn. In the article Ian Flynn is talking about Archie Sonic, but it it apparent that there will be more episodes of season 2 left to air that he wrote (his most recent episode is Og Man Out, which aired in February 2017). He said that he hasn't had any work in six months so at that time he was probably finishing writing his Sonic Boom episodes and last of the Archie comics. Alan Denton also said very recently that the writing is all done for season 2, but the animation is not finished yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the looks of it, I'm wondering if Mister Eggman is about Eggman becoming the leader/boss of the Lightning Bolts?

Looks like the guys are playing soccer again, will Sonic be a ball hog again? I wonder if we'll get to see Amy play this time, we never got to see her playing soccer.

Heck, why does the show exclude Amy from doing what others have done? She's the only friend of Sonic's to not be shown playing soccer, bowl, or play a musical instrument.

It's so strange how season one presented her as the overall talented one, yet we barely see her do anything with her friends. She's always standing or sitting on the sides, it seems. On the plus side, season 2 finally gave her more chances to shine, when it comes to saving the day and fighting robots.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

Found bigger images of the Mister Eggman episode-

DDmu9jEWAAEtbSV?format=jpg

DDmu9jEXgAAHXcp?format=jpg

DDmu9jGXcAEEw80?format=jpg

Those were posted by me on my Twitter (I think)...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm very curious when screenshots are shown.

Do you think Team Sonic might go too far with bothering Eggman?

UK SSMB: Season 1 of Sonic Boom is now on Netflix UK! 

"Inn Sanity" was an enjoyable episode. The fourth wall wasn't just demolished, they callously spat on the wreckage!

Inn Sanity was ok, but it felt kind of messy, and the episode even acknowledges it. The episode starts off with Eggman getting mad at the government for not taking in his trash, and when he finally gets them to take it, they end up charging him for it, since he had too much trash. Eggman can't afford the fee, and doesn't want to sell any of his possessions, and ends up turning his lair into a hotel. When Sonic finds out, he acknowledges how it sounds like the writers are running low on ideas. Sonic and pals decide to check in to the hotel, to see if it's legit. This was probably one of the better parts of the episode. It was kind of funny to see Sonic and pals testing if Eggman is really committed to be a good hotel host. There's also a funny part where a villager complains that all the pillows are missing, and it's shown that Sticks took them all to build a pillow fort.

Eggman ends up earning all the money he owes, and goes to the Mayor to pay his bill, however, the mayor charges Eggman for running a business without payment for a license. Now Eggman is working harder to get the money to pay off the license. Amy keeps warning Eggman that he needs to be nicer to his hotel guests, but he keeps ignoring her. Cubot approaches Eggman, and tells him how he heard there is a secret reviewer who is reviewing the hotel. Eggman is on the look out for the reviewer, in hopes of sucking up to them, and make a good impression. Literally, a red herring comes in, and Eggman is convinced that he's the reviewer. Eggman ends up treating all the hotel guests horribly, while sucking up to the herring. Eventually, Eggman realizes the herring isn't the reviewer. Eggman snaps and demands to know who the reviewer is. It turns out Amy was the reviewer. I honestly saw that plot twist coming. Amy was shown during a lot of scenes standing around, and giving Eggman advice, so it didn't really surprise me. Eggman gets outraged, and traps his guests inside a force field. 

Eggman calls up the mayor, and tells them that he's holding his citizens hostage, and demands the mayor to get rid of Eggman's bills. However, Sticks steps out of her pillow fort, and destroys the force field, freeing everyone. Sonic and pals fight back Eggman's minions, but accidentally set off Eggman's doomsday device, causing the hotel to explode. Everyone is blasted into the sky, and land safely, due to Stick's pillow fort. Eggman's lair is destroyed, and he wonders how he'll ever pay for his bills now. The red herring reveals he's an insurance agent, and offers to help Eggman out. Eggman then says "So everything can go back to normal?!" Then it cuts to Eggman once again wondering why it's taking so long for his trash to get collected, and the episode abruptly ends.

I feel mixed about the episode to be honest. It had some funny scenes, but the episode kind of dragged on. It was clear the writers didn't know what to do with this episode, and just lazily having the characters point it out didn't really make it any better, it just came off as an episode that the writers didn't care for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you think they overused the fourth wall jokes? From what i saw and heard the episode seems a bit mediocre and even the writers knew it. Hopefully next week's episode is better.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2017 at 7:12 PM, RedFox99 said:

Do you think they overused the fourth wall jokes? From what i saw and heard the episode seems a bit mediocre

Some of the fourth wall jokes were good. I didn't mind Orbot's 4th wall break, or Sonic's reaction to Eggman opening a hotel. As funny as Sonic's response was, it was still annoying that the writers basically admit they were hamming the plot in with this one.

The Red Herrings mention at the end of how complicated the plot was just wasn't very funny though, that was overdoing it. Not to mention how ridiculous it was for the red herring to agree to help Eggman out in the end.

His excuse was because "Eggman showed him kindness", despite knowing Eggman tried being kind to him for the wrong reasons. Is the Herring forgetting how poorly he treated everyone else, along with how Eggman treated him poorly, immediately upon finding out the herring wasn't the reviewer?

Eggman also held him and the other visitors hostage. So again, how did Eggman treat the herring with kindness? The herring should be fired from his job, if he thinks Eggman is a valid client for his insurance agency to bail out... 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Some of the fourth wall jokes were good. I didn't mind Orbot's 4th wall break, or Sonic's reaction to Eggman opening a hotel. As funny as Sonic's response was, it was still annoying that the writers basically admit they her hamming the plot in with this one. The Red Herrings mention at the end of how complicated the plot was just wasn't very funny though, that was overdoing it. Not to mention how ridiculous it was for the red herring to agree to help Eggman out in the end. His excuse was because "Eggman showed him kindness", despite knowing Eggman tried being kind to him for the wrong reasons. Is the Herring forgetting how poorly he treated everyone else, along with how Eggman treated him poorly, immediately upon finding out the herring wasn't the reviewer?

Eggman also held him and the other visitors hostage. So again, how did Eggman treat the herring with kindness? The herring should be fired from his job, if he thinks Eggman is a valid client for his insurance agency to bail out... 

Good point about the red herring. The plot seems convoluted and plus everyone flying in the air was cringey to me

A youtuber who usually discusses Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank and others is now talking about Sonic Boom's Teen Choice nomination.

Screens from "Inn Sanity"

I forgot to mention. Remember how a few months ago, there was that rough development clip of Knuckles fighting Ballot Stuffer robot? That scene was actually from Inn Sanity. It happens during the opening battle of the episode. 

15 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

A youtuber who usually discusses Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank and others is now talking about Sonic Boom's Teen Choice nomination.

I have to agree with him in that I would prefer a show with an overarching story.

13 hours ago, SonicWind said:

I mean, it's an understandable business practice, but when it leaves great shows like Boom in the lurch, that's when it makes me mad.

CN has done to shows that they could make money off of , simply because it wasn't the correct type of money. This doesn't surprise me much

I love Sonic Boom, the CN series.  I was interested in the show from 2014-2015.  I watched all of the episodes during that time period.  I had it set up on my DVR and then one day it was recording The Amazing World of Gumball (another show I love!) instead of Sonic Boom.  I didn't get around to fixing the problem and I lost track of it.  I am hoping they will release it on DVD.  I hope they get to it!  I'll totally buy it.

Has anyone noticed that Sonic Boom (TV series, Not the Boom games) has Not included, mentioned or used rings at all since the show started? I just think it's kind of odd, the very items the series is known for is Not included in the show, even Sonic X made use of the rings. Now the crystals seen in Season 2 as some of you have already figured out, these are Not the Chaos Crystals from Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal, but are rather different crystals.

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Has anyone noticed that Sonic Boom (TV series, Not the Boom games) has Not included, mentioned or used rings at all since the show started? I just think it's kind of odd, the very items the series is known for is Not included in the show, even Sonic X made use of the rings. Now the crystals seen in Season 2 as some of you have already figured out, these are Not the Chaos Crystals from Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal, but are rather different crystals.

The writers gave a shout out to the rings in "Let's Play Musical Friends", when Tails tried distracting Orbot and Cubot with a computer game.

• Thumbs Up 2

@SpongicX

What would you change about yesterday's episode? Also I noticed Sonic said that the writers were probably phoning in the trash pick up fee yet wasn't Sam Freiberger the only one who wrote the episode?

Just skimmed through the episode through a video and it was an okay episode though the third act was weak. Fir example Amy reveals that she's the reviwer and Eggman traps the people that's it. Like it was just not given enough focus. The ending was weak (enough though they lampshade how messy the plot was). Plus I feel like Team Sonic was kind of being obnoxious in the beginning with how what they made Eggman do for them.

Edited by RedFox99
  • Thumbs Up 1