Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

34 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Spoiler Alert!

You'll be let down in the end, the tree guy ends up dumping her affection, in favor of his pathetic villain wannabe friends... In other words, Staci doesn't do anything in this episode, and gets dumped in the end...

This makes her as much of a tormented victim as Gamma. 

Just now, Miru the Living Planet said:

This makes her as much of a tormented victim as Gamma. 

Well, she was trying to be manipulative, and tried talking him into ditching his friends. Although you can't really blame her, since he's a villain, and she isn't, she still shouldn't have been trying to force someone to change. She should have instead dated someone who wasn't affiliated with villainy. 

16 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Well, she was trying to be manipulative, and tried talking him into ditching his friends. Although you can't really blame her, since he's a villain, and she isn't, she still shouldn't have been trying to force someone to change. She should have instead dated someone who wasn't affiliated with villainy. 

How did you feel about Staci? In what way was she manipulative?

I just watched your clips and she did seem manipulative. Like it seemed like she wanted him to succeed (don't know how to feel about her voice).

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I was kind of surprised by Staci's voice. She sounds like that Diane Aardvark (the woman who was going to take pictures of Eggman's lair and one of Knuckles bosses from Knuckles to Five; also voiced by Nika Futterman).  For her character... umm.... I don't know. She seemed to be concerned about Chameleon succeeding which I don't know if that makes her bad or not. On the other hand it seemed jarring how she fell for him because he was good at bowling. I guess you could say that she doesn't like people being treated unfairly plus Chameleon's friends weren't good influences on him. The episode seems a bit lackluster though I have only watch some of the clips. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

To be honest I was kind of surprised by Staci's voice. For her character... umm.... I don't know. She seemed to be concerned about Chameleon succeeding which I don't know if that makes her bad or not. On the other hand it seemed jarring how she fell for him because he was good at bowling. 

That's the point, she felt shallow. She only liked him, because he was good at bowling, but she tried controlling his life. I'm aware he's a bad guy, but she was still trying to change someone into something they're not. I really don't like how the show has been treating Perci and Staci in this show, they're just shallow flirts... I liked Perci a lot better in Rise of Lyric... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that's what I feel like they are. I don't mean to be mean to the writers since writing for episodes is probably harder than it seems but so far they haven't really fleshed out Perci or Staci; they almost feel like Hello Nurse characters since all they seem to do is either be eye-candy or fall in love with the newest celebrity. I was kind of hoping that Staci would be a caring person but I was let down. I shouldn't really be upset over fictional characters though. Though hopefully the writers hear us out and try to give them some character development

Speaking of Hello Nurse, apparently the TV tropes says that she got developed later on in the series and in the comics so maybe there's hope for Perci and Staci. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing that bothered me was how characters like the LBS are given more focus than characters like the Bandicoot twins or Zooey. I mean I shouldn't be forcing my preferences on the writers but it seems a bit... jarring to me; but again that's just my opinion and I shouldn't act like I myself know better than anyone else (if you were to read my earlier fanfics, which I deleted, you would probably cringe really hard). 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

One thing that bothered me was how characters like the LBS are given more focus than characters like the Bandicoot twins or Zooey. I mean I shouldn't be forcing my preferences on the writers but it seems a bit... jarring to me; but again that's just my opinion and I shouldn't act like I myself know better than anyone else (if you were to read my earlier fanfics, which I deleted, you would probably cringe really hard). 

I find it more annoying that it focused more on the Lightning Bolts, instead of the actual 5 main characters people actually tune in to watch, instead... These are backround/side characters for a reason. I would've preferred this episode focus more on Sonic and pals bowling, instead of introduce the idea, and scrap it throughout most of the episode, in favor of unwanted wannabe villains having friendship issues... 

• Thumbs Up 1

The amount of meme-worthy gifs and expressions that are coming from this show is amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Agreed. Due to this sort of lack of cooperation between character design and importance, I kinda hate Og due to his design. 

When are new episodes added to CN HD on-demand? When and Where is Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 coming to HD on-demand?

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

When are new episodes added to CN HD on-demand? When and Where is Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 coming to HD on-demand?

I wish the show would come back to online on demand. I think it sucks that there is no longer any way of streaming Sonic Boom through online on demand providers, like Sling TV. Not even CN's Online On Demand Service supports this show anymore... The only way to watch it on demand, is directly through cable on demand services through cable tv providers... This show keeps getting screwed over worse and worse... 

Screenshots from The Lightning Bowlers Society. 

17 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Agreed. Due to this sort of lack of cooperation between character design and importance, I kinda hate Og due to his design. 

What do you mean exactly?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

What do you mean exactly?

Og looks more like a goofy minor character but is treated as a major fighting friend, while characters who look like they'd be more important are shoved aside. Not to mention, he is VERY ugly. 

A lot of DA peeps are getting fed up with the show because of this dichotomy. 

33 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Og looks more like a goofy minor character but is treated as a major fighting friend, while characters who look like they'd be more important are shoved aside. Not to mention, he is VERY ugly. 

Well he hasn't been featured much but I see where you're coming from. Characters like Perci (who was supposedly a major supporting character in Rise of Lyric) has become a flat character yet Og has had a sort of fleshed-out personality. I really don't hate (though I don't like his New-Age personality) but I will admit that other characters like Zooey and Perci could do good having more focus (and character re-railment for the latter).

57 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

That was kind of the point of Og though, they wanted to show that behind his hideous appearance, and untrustworthy heritage, that he was actually a really nice guy with a rough life. I actually liked Og Man Out, and thought it was a fun sequel to an already entertaining episode, "Closed Door Policy". 

Despite being a bit disappointed with Amy's lack of appearances, or reasoning for not bowling in this week's episode, I do have a few nice things to say about her appearances in the episode "The Lightning Bowlers Society" though.

I liked how she saved her team twice, first she defeated all the Lightning Bolt members at the beginning of the episode, and she took out Eggman's Mega Bot by swinging her hammer at a bowling ball, directly knocking Mega Bot's head clean off. I also like how Amy was the first character in the show to finally call Eggman out for lazily reusing the same robot minions over and over. We've heard the fans complain about it a lot, but it was awesome to finally hear a character in the show finally call it out. Even Sonic agreed over how lazy it has been getting, lol. 

2 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

The amount of meme-worthy gifs and expressions that are coming from this show is amazing.

Nice twitter page

• Thumbs Up 1

The Lightning Bowler Society was an okay episode. I felt that the pacing here was a bit odd.

I honestly felt that it was pretty quick at one point. To specify: The Lighting Bolts mope about their defeat, then think about what they’re good at, (which is bowling) so they impress the crowd with their skills and here’s where the pacing starts to feel odd: Suddenly Team Sonic shows up in bowling gear (as the Pindashers lol) challenging them to a match. I thought  it would be the LBS who would challenge them, and then we would get a montage of Team Sonic practising bowling before going to play the match, but that didn’t happen.

What also suprised me was Staci’s minor role with the Tree Spy. Here, she’s shown to be pretty manipulative controlling the Tree Spy's carreer, and was close to driving the LBS apart. DANG! It was pretty unexpected to be honest.

latest?cb=20170611034902

Though this episode has got some pretty funny moments! Voice acting wise, Roger did a really good job in capturing Sonic’s competitive side, as well as the scene where he sorta becomes obsessive with bowling. It was funny to see Sonic getting irritated when the LBS disbanded and the deep determined delivery of the next line (“We’ve got to get the LBS back together”.) was good! 

Another amusing moment was when Sticks throws the ball, but dosent get a strike, and yet she dives to the pins knocking the rest of them and then Sonic and Knuckles just drag her out of the alley.

There was one clever line from Amy when we suddenly get to the Eggman battle. When he brings out The Mega (or was it Giant Robot I dunno) Amy criticizes him for not coming up with different robots. I think that and Eggman’s response sort of sums up how the show sometimes uses the same robot models for newer robots, (Huge Bot uses Vacuum Bot’s model. Giant Robot is a differently colored Mega.) Though we did get some new models in this season, (Vacuum Bot, Friend Bot, and the new line of badniks and Flea Bots) I think this line relates the repeated models that occured in Season one...

The ending was also pretty funny, Sonic scares off the Lighting Bolts and then still mopes about beating them in Bowling, all while making this hilarious face-

tumblr_inline_orddv28V4o1taxesp_500.png

Bonus points for adding the cuckoo sound effect.

And now for some other observations:

• Amy’s hammer Waves can apparently send people flying.
  • I guess this episode shows that the Lighting Bolts are pretty good at something, that’s bowling! And we see Team Sonic lose the game against them! I guess bowling’s on the list of things Team Sonic isn’t good at, along with cooking, (except for Amy, she’s the only one out of the group that can cook).
  • Lady Goat wearing bowling ball earrings was pretty painful to see.
  • The LBS throwing Fruit Cakes in the beginning, were those Fruit Cakes or BRICKS?!

So overall, this episode was okay. The pacing was odd, with Team Sonic quickly getting to bowling and then we suddenly get to an Eggman battle in the end, (although the LBS unintentionally helps Team Sonic beat Eggman was interesting). What saved it was the hilarious voice acting from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly I think the whole Staci thing was supposed to be a nod to "Yoko breaking up the Beatles". Kind of an odd reference to make in a Sonic cartoon but whatever.

I had fun with this one. I kinda enjoyed seeing Sonic just lose it and go crazy with obsession with beating the Lightning Bolts at Bowling.

37 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly I think the whole Staci thing was supposed to be a nod to "Yoko breaking up the Beatles". Kind of an odd reference to make in a Sonic cartoon but whatever.

I had fun with this one. I kinda enjoyed seeing Sonic just lose it and go crazy with obsession with beating the Lightning Bolts at Bowling.

Good point. I still was let down with how she was written in the episode. 

"We had to polish our bowling balls without you. It's just awkward with three."

Was...was that some kind of testicle joke? Or am I just dirty-minded?

"A fast food tie-in? In my experience, those never work."

Now now, Sonic. Your McDonalds tie-ins worked just fine. Can't say the same for the poorly-received Sonic Boom tie-in a year or so ago, but...

2 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

"We had to polish our bowling balls without you. It's just awkward with three."

Was...was that some kind of testicle joke? Or am I just dirty-minded?

"A fast food tie-in? In my experience, those never work."

Now now, Sonic. Your McDonalds tie-ins worked just fine. Can't say the same for the poorly-received Sonic Boom tie-in a year or so ago, but...

Keep in mind there was originally supposed to be a Burger King tie in to promote Sonic Adventure, but that one was dropped, and it wasn't until about 2 years ago, where the public finally found out, and got to see concept art of the scrapped toys.