Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Spoiler

Cute picture, @Drawloverlala!  I never knew you were a prophet! :D

I try not to get too hyped about stuff I know barely anything about, but gosh darn it I am excited for Season 2 and its hard to contain.

That clip from Spacemadgeddonpocalypse was pure gold too. The Tailoscope part especially.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Niko said:

Haven't watched the first season, not a fan of sonic cartoons except SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog BUT I'm still kind of interested in the second season and the Fire & Ice game too.

The first season of Sonic Boom was pretty good. You should consider watching it as the second season seems to be similar to the first season, so it would be a good idea to use that to gauge if you like the show or now. Its available on Hulu, and it has a few DVDs released in the UK if you want to watch it legally.

If you want episode recommendations, "Can an Evil Genius Crash in Your House for a Few Days?" is really good, as is "Two for the Price of Two," "Fire in a Crowded Workshop," and "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog." "The Sidekick" is also really well-liked by fans. But its not without its duds. I'd definitely give Buster a pass, for one. "Let's Play Musical Friends" is also pretty disappointing, and I find that "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One Armed Hedgehog" is only worthwhile if you're a hardcore Metal Sonic fan. Though really, even the odiously bad episode that is Buster had a few hilarious moments, so you won't suffer too badly from watching the dud episodes.

4 minutes ago, Niko said:

Thanks for the recommendation dude, appreciate it. Considering the games were so hated I took a blind guess that the show would be garbage aswell which was bad on my part, I'll definitely give the show a try now.

The show is actually almost completely different from the games. The show has a different tone, is in a different genre (RoL/SC are dramedy action adventure, Boom TV is pure comedy with some action elements), and has dramatically better (and less repetitive!) dialogue. They only share a few characters and Bygone Island. So no worries about the show being bad like the games. :)

15 minutes ago, Niko said:

Couldn't expect two things of the same title to be so diffeent from one another lol. Still wondering why the games turned out to be bad if the show wasn't bad at all even though the sonic team is a lot more experienced with games than cartoons :D It's not that they always make good games it's just that their weaker point turned out to be stronger in this case lol

Oh, well, Boom wasn't actually made by Sonic Team. RoL was made by BRB, SC and F&I were made by Sanzaru, and the TV show was made by Ouido. Communication between the three was quite limited and Ouido was given permission to put its own spin on Boom. So that explains the discrepancy.

Sonic Team doesn't make cartoons.

• 3 weeks later...

So I thought I'd share something interesting. On twitter I've recently been seeing this screenshot being shared around. Eventually I tracked it down to a post on Tumblr. http://sartorius111.tumblr.com/post/150098917225/omg-spoiler-alert-sonic-boom-season-2-sanic-is 

Notice the small Youtube Annotated Icon on the bottom right corner.

From what people are saying, this seems to be a screenshot from an episode in Season 2. But I don't know, I feel like it's one of those "leaked" images that turn out to be fakes made by fans.

Still I've seen all 52 episodes of Season 1 and I haven't seen this still ANYWHERE. So what do you think? Is it real or fake?

tumblr_od5uk7Xt7n1vsyd2wo1_1280.png

2 hours ago, jm0364 said:

So I thought I'd share something interesting. On twitter I've recently been seeing this screenshot being shared around. Eventually I tracked it down to a post on Tumblr. http://sartorius111.tumblr.com/post/150098917225/omg-spoiler-alert-sonic-boom-season-2-sanic-is 

From what people are saying, this seems to be a screenshot from an episode in Season 2. But I don't know, I feel like it's one of those "leaked" images that turn out to be fakes made by fans.

Still I've seen all 52 episodes of Season 1 and I haven't seen this still ANYWHERE. So what do you think? Is it real or fake?

I get the feeling it's fake. The crying would only be for comedic purposes, since Sega does not like Sonic getting emotional for some reason. And this does not look like something comedic.

2 hours ago, jm0364 said:

Something tells me that's a screen shot from Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose episode photoshopped.

EDIT: Yeah that's fake. Look carefully at the bottom right. Looks like a signature with a small classic sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually the small Classic Sonic icon is an annotation from YouTube. The YouTube Channel "Sonic Games" uploaded this screenshot. I don't think it's real as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The fact that it says it's episode 53 (as in, the first episode of season 2) makes me all the more suspicious. Leaks usually come from stuff closer to current, but the very first episode? I doubt it.

Plus any time there's crying is when the show starts feeling like going emotional, which seems to be a recent concept with the writers that wanted the whole show to be goofy.

Guys, there's a topic for Season 2.

But for the record, I'm calling bullshit. Look at the bottom of Sonic's eyes and you'll see odd white lines on his muzzle, which really doesn't resemble tears to me, something that would be evidence of a bad photoshop job. It doesn't help that Sonic's expression of annoyance doesn't fit with a tearful moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/09/2016 at 3:28 AM, SonicWindBlue said:

Actually the small Classic Sonic icon is an annotation from YouTube. The YouTube Channel "Sonic Games" uploaded this screenshot. I don't think it's real as well. 

I agree with everyone else about it not looking real. I feel like I've seen that pose and expression in a season 1 episode but with different background. Just seems like someone edited it to make it look slightly different,

Though I am hoping we'll find out more about season 2 soon.

In other news Australia's now released volume 3 of Sonic Boom for those interested.=)

I do wonder what changes will be made now that Season 1's feedback has all but been assimilated. and I do also wonder if the comic's stories, Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice will be adapted into Boom's universe of those event's happening? all 3 things shouldn't be that hard to fit into Boom's easily moldable universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something tells me that the release date for Season 2 will be revealed through Fire and ice. I mean even concepts so season one and hints for Season 2 will be shown there.

It may be possible that there might be some callbacks to stuff like the games or the comics, moreso the latter since Flynn and Stanley were hinted to be writing episodes for the second season. But would it be a make-or-break for me, not really. Just expecting another 52 episodes of silly, casual fun with Sonic and crew and I'm perfectly ok with that.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BlueTidalGamer said:

My guess is a code that will come with Shadow and perhaps Metal Sonic.

So Mysterion made this post in the Fire and Ice topic that I think everybody invested in the show should check out.

Long story short, Fire and Ice had some hints for the second season of the show and Mysterion unlocked them all. So what do you think of the hints?

Spoiler

Personally, I think the spacesuits and scuba gear look pretty cool. Wonder how Sonic's hydrophobia is going to play into the scuba diving-- an episode in season 1 did say that he can't swim. Plus the characters possibly getting more action scenes is really good. While I'd certainly be happy if they kept Season 1's proportion of comedy to action scenes, I'd be even happier if OuiDO! put more action scenes in season 2's episodes.

Yes! Finally!

I've been anticipating this moment. Now all that's left to do... is wait.

(That is, if this premiere date is correct...)

Just now, Jeffhog said:

That link worked earlier, but appears to be dead now... Did anyone catch a screencap?

Funny, it still works for me.