Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Possibly. Or better yet, maybe they just got bored over the years and at least Belinda wanted some excitement or something in their lives. And Knuckles inadvertently motivated a way to get some.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Possibly. Or better yet, maybe they just got bored over the years and at least Belinda wanted some excitement or something in their lives. And Knuckles inadvertently motivated a way to get some.

So like a mid-life crisis?

"You and I Bee-come One" was pretty enjoyable. A few creepy moments in there, and a few laughs. Never in my life did I expect Sonic to dress up like a sunflower.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, GhostlyWind said:

"You and I Bee-come One" was pretty enjoyable. A few creepy moments in there, and a few laughs. Never in my life did I expect Sonic to dress up like a sunflower.

Creepy how?

"You And I Bee-Come One" was a great episode! It had a fun plot, and hilarious moments.

The episode starts off with Eggman going on vacation to a villain's retreat with the other villains. Before he goes, he decides to activate all his beebots to mess with Sonic. Sonic and pals are fighting off a bunch of beebots. The invasion of beebots becomes so overwhelming, that they decide to just lure most of  them into a trap, and lock them behind a force field in a cave. One of the bee bots managed to sneak into Tails's new teleportation machine. Tails decides to try teleporting himself, but ends up fusing with the beebot. He approaches the gang the next day, and they're a bit alarmed by his appearance. Tails now has the eye of a bee bot, wings, and two stingers over his tails. Tails also started speaking in a robotic voice. 

The gang try helping him, by testing his machine, and trying to reverse the effects, but they learn that reversing the effects would kill Tails, and they have no choice but to give up. Tails then starts hearing the voices of other beebots in his head, telling him to join them.  Tails then has a nightmare the following night, where his friends trap him, call him a bee bot, and try smashing him.  The beebot's mind starts taking control of Tails's body, and he starts turning a bit evil. He ends up freeing the other beebots, and commands them to destroy Sonic and pals.  Eventually, the gang fights off a bunch of bee bots, and with every bee bot they kill, it somehow ended up hurting Tails. Tails is somehow connected with the others beebots, and can feel their pain.  Sonic and pals feel terrible for hurting Tails. 

Sonic and friends end up interrupting Eggman's vacation, and try getting him to help save Tails. Eggman ends up finding a way to modify Tails's teleporter, so Tails and the beebot can revert back to their normal selves. Eggman tells Sonic that he'll need to dress up like a sunflower to lure Tails over. Sonic ends up doing it, but he is embarrassed by it. They lure Tails over, but he's putting up a fight, and commanding other bee bots to attack them. Eggman tells Sonic to finish the beebots off, but Sonic can't, because it will hurt Tails. Eggman assures Sonic that it will only hurt the beebots, but Tails will be fine. The gang have no choice, but to destroy the bee bots, which leaves Tails to plummet to the ground unconscious. 

Sonic rushes over and puts Tails in the teleporter, and luckily, Tails and the beebot are separated, and returned to normal. Tails then questions what happened, and wonders why Sonic is dressed like a sunflower. Sonic points out how he did it to save him, but Eggman points out how he lied. He said "the beebots would have followed you anyways, I just wanted to see you in a goofy costume." Eggman walks away laughing, and Sonic looks pretty annoyed, the end. 

I really enjoyed this episode, and would even consider it one of the best episodes of season 2. It was funny, and a bit suspenseful at times. It really was a nice touch to see how  concerned Sonic and pals were for Tails. I thought the scenes where Tails got hurt were treated very nicely, they didn't feel like they were made for the sake of hurting Tails, it was shown to give off a sense of danger, and it was really nice to see Sonic and pals getting worried for him.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Creepy how?

Tails's appearance and voice was a bit alarming, not to mention the suspense of Tails getting hurt every time a bee bot got destroyed. Tails kept hearing the voices of other beebots in his head, telling him to "join them".  Tails also had a nightmare, where his friends tried killing him, because they thought he was a beebot. The episode had some dark moments, but don't worry, it has a happy ending. The darker moments were what helped make this episode more exciting. It was a suspenseful, yet very enjoyable episode. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

So this was a dark episode. Wow didn't really expect that.

It's still a funny episode, but it definitely had some slight intense moments. I wouldn't call it really dark though, just slightly dark. I wouldn't say it's something that will give kids nightmares. It still has a lot of silly moments, especially with Eggman's subplot of being on vacation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It's still a funny episode, but it definitely had some slight intense moments. I wouldn't call it really dark though, just slightly dark. I wouldn't say it's something that will give kids nightmares. It still has a lot of silly moments, especially with Eggman's subplot of being on vacation. 

It's interesting that they did that. It seems like a nice way to keep him away so he doesn't feel shoehorned in. It's also nice that than others were concerned for Tails since there are episodes where they mistreat him (Circus of Plunders and Robot Battle Royale for example) and I was worried would get the business again just for laughs like usual.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's interesting seeing Eggman tower over the other villains because he's human.

He's practically bigger than the stunt bears! 

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Yeah I imagine he's like 6'1". I always wondered if a 12 year old would be the same size as Sonic.

17 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Aren’t they allegedly regular bears? I guess they’re mobians now.

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Well American black bears range from 5-6 feet on his legs

9 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I think it's implied that they're trained wild animals. They're not like the human like animals, like Sonic and pals. They have paws instead of fingers, and they've never spoken a word. All they do is growl and roar. It's not too out of place, most of the birds shown in Sonic Boom are wild animals, only two of them have been shown as civilized characters, which is Soar the Eagle, and Red Herring. We've also seen instances of wild monkeys, and fish in this show (along with civilized versions of the two species, although it has been a long while since we last saw the pun filled fish in a bowl from season 1.)  The bottom line, I think the stunt bears are wild animals, and Sonic Boom takes place in a world where there are civilized animals, and primitive animals, so it wouldn't be too out of place if it were true. Even the original Sonic games had wild animals, like the Flickies. 

16 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I think it's implied that they're trained wild animals. They're not like the human like animals, like Sonic and pals. They have paws instead of fingers, and they've never spoken a word. All they do is growl and roar. It's not too out of place, most of the birds shown in Sonic Boom are wild animals, only two of them have been shown as civilized characters, which is Soar the Eagle, and Red Herring. We've also seen instances of wild monkeys, and fish in this show (along with civilized versions of the two species, although it has been a long while since we last saw the pun filled fish in a bowl from season 1.)  The bottom line, I think the stunt bears are wild animals, and Sonic Boom takes place in a world where there are civilized animals, and primitive animals, so it wouldn't be too out of place if it were true. Even the original Sonic games had wild animals, like the Flickies. 

To add to confusion, the fish character (Gil) wasn’t so much anthropomorphic as he was simply a talking fish with a tuxedo on. 

Just now, Miragnarok said:

To add to confusion, the fish character (Gil) wasn’t so much anthropomorphic as he was simply a talking fish with a tuxedo on. 

True, but we haven't seen any of the other fish in the series do that. All they do is swim or flop around. Amy even has some pet fish, and we never see them speak. 

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

True, but we haven't seen any of the other fish in the series do that. All they do is swim or flop around. Amy even has some pet fish, and we never see them speak. 

And we also haven’t even any fully anthropomorphic fish in the show. And yeah, it’s like the games having three animal types (or maybe it’s like four or five now with the sheep in Lost World and the Adventure small animals).

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

And we also haven’t even any fully anthropomorphic fish in the show. And yeah, it’s like the games having three animal types (or maybe it’s like four or five now with the sheep in Lost World and the Adventure small animals).

I personally think it would be weird to see fish people as Sonic characters. reptiles are one thing, but literal fish out of water would look so strange in Sonic. It would feel like citizens from Spongebob are suddenly walking around in Sonic's world. I could see them working as evil creatures, like the Froglodites, but I don't see how making a fish into an actual Sonic character could actually work. 

I JUST WATCHED LAIR ON LOCKDOWN, AND IT WAS A PRETTY FUN EPISODE, I EXPECTED IT TO BE MORE OR LESS LIKE CABIN FEVER, BUT I WAS WRONG, I ENJOYED THIS ONE A LOT, AND IT HAD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THROWBACKS TO PREVIOUS EPISODES TOO, MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE A JOKE NEAR THE END, WHAT'S UP WITH CAPS LOCK? NO ONE REALLY FORGET IT O...

Ahem... anyways, very good episode

• Chuckle 2

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I personally think it would be weird to see fish people as Sonic characters. reptiles are one thing, but literal fish out of water would look so strange in Sonic. It would feel like citizens from Spongebob are suddenly walking around in Sonic's world. I could see them working as evil creatures, like the Froglodites, but I don't see how making a fish into an actual Sonic character could actually work. 

There were a few in post-reboot Archie. But we also had evil fish-creatures in Fleetway, and talking fish in pre-reboot Archie (which also had Flying Frog) and in AOSTH (alongside merfolk in that case). 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I JUST WATCHED LAIR ON LOCKDOWN, AND IT WAS A PRETTY FUN EPISODE, I EXPECTED IT TO BE MORE OR LESS LIKE CABIN FEVER, BUT I WAS WRONG, I ENJOYED THIS ONE A LOT, AND IT HAD A GOOD AMOUNT OF THROWBACKS TO PREVIOUS EPISODES TOO, MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE A JOKE NEAR THE END, WHAT'S UP WITH CAPS LOCK? NO ONE REALLY FORGET IT O...

Ahem... anyways, very good episode

LOL, I see what you did there with the caps.

• Chuckle 1