Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

46 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I know its not very likely since Bill Freiberger is no longer involved with the show but i just hope Sonic Boom gets a 3rd season announced at MipCom this year (MipCom 2017 starts in 2 days and ends on October 19) I don't think it would be fair for the show to end after all of the stuff thats been happening with it 

At the least I want to see a continuation show for example All Hail King Julian and All Hail King Julian: Exiled

I heard that Lagardere Studios is going to MipCom so there's a possibility but we'll see

I do like the idea of Sonic Boom getting a more serious, sequel series (Alliteration for the win). 

• Thumbs Up 1

At least the previous two episodes are now on the Sharing Boom document. And I have been waiting for the episode Three Minutes or Less to be on the document for EXACTLY THREE WEEKS!!! It’s a bloody nightmare!

20 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

What did you guys think of Counter Productive?

I hated it. You can check this out to see why: https://mysteriousgirl92.deviantart.com/art/EWW-Counter-Productive-in-10-or-more-mins-688976273https://mysteriousgirl92.deviantart.com/art/EWW-Counter-Productive-in-10-or-more-mins-688976273

Has anyone seen 'You and I Bee-come One' yet?

49 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

I have seen it when I got it on my Dell laptop yesterday and downloaded it.

And how was it?

So that was basically a Kid Friendly version of The Fly. I say despite having never seen The Fly. Honestly I kinda wish they saved it for next week so it'd be closer to Halloween but still a pretty fun episode.

Props to Colleen on her buzzing Robot voice that was pretty neat. and I also love the only reason Sonic was dressed as a Daffodil was because Eggman just wanted to screw with him. Oh, Boom Eggman you're the best.

A little disappointed that Bea wasn't in the episode. Where'd she vanish off too?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

A little disappointed that Bea wasn't in the episode. Where'd she vanish off too?

You have a point there. She hasn't been reference since her debut episode. I also hoped to have Zooey in the episode, but I know Greg said she wouldn't do anything significant this season in a tweet.

I initially thought that Tails and a Beebot would swap bodies before I watched the episode, but they didn't. I probably would have loved to see that.

This episode was mediocre overall. Tails does something reckless and stupid which gets himself into trouble (like in Multi-Tails), and Team Sonic and Eggman have to fix the problem (like in Multi-Tails). I feel like the writers just rushed the story to get the episode out of the way, and I am sad that a 'Reason You Suck' speech wasn't anywhere in this episode.

Edited by MysteriousGirl 92
Too many spoilers

24 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Knuckles eating the pie mess looked so wrong. O_O Anyone agree?

Yeah, I agree. It's also disgusting because of how the pie look melted.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You have a point there. She hasn't been reference since her debut episode. I also hoped to have Zooey in the episode, but I know Greg said she wouldn't do anything significant this season in a tweet.

If Zooey was in the episode, I think Tails wouldn't hurt her since she's his girlfriend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, You and I Beecome One is definitely contender for one of the best episodes.

Especially since they managed to work in the comedy in ways that weren't obstructive.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, Miragnarok said:

And we also haven’t even any fully anthropomorphic fish in the show. And yeah, it’s like the games having three animal types (or maybe it’s like four or five now with the sheep in Lost World and the Adventure small animals).

To be fair, the Lost Hex is kinda weird on delivery. Both despite and because of it's supposed origin.

And the Adventure animals are probably the same category as Flickys and other Mobini, just drawn more realistically for the sake of it.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:16 AM, SBR2 said:

On 10/15/2017 at 10:40 AM, RedFox99 said:

I think that was ultimately for the best.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:17 AM, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I initially thought that Tails and a Beebot would swap bodies before I watched the episode, but they didn't. I probably would have loved to see that.

I feel like the writers just rushed the story to get the episode out of the way, and I am sad that a 'Reason You Suck' speech wasn't anywhere in this episode.

That's what I thought this was gonna be as well, but I think this was the better option.

What's up with that?

• Thumbs Up 1

This episode was mediocre overall. Tails does something reckless and stupid which gets himself into trouble (like in Multi-Tails), and Team Sonic and Eggman have to fix the problem (like in Multi-Tails). 

I think the episode plot would have been better if Tails had tested his machine by putting in ingredients for... let's say, pancakes and it works only in one way. When Tails tries to change the pancakes back to their original form, it doesn't work and it makes a mess. Tails cleans it up and goes in to check if it's perfectly clean, only for one of his tails to accidentally push the button. Then a Beebot comes in before they both disappear in a flash of light, giving Tails the fused body he has now.

Somewhere along the line, Tails gives a 'Reason You Suck' speech to Team Sonic and the villagers and joins the Beebot family. 
They capture Team Sonic and imprison them with Tails expressing his feelings towards them. Sonic and friends somehow escape to the village and Tails orders the Beebots to go after them. Team Sonic is outnumbered and begs Tails for forgiveness, with a heartfelt apology. 

Tails orders the Beebots to stand down and proceeds to fix the problem. He finds a way to fix the machine (because he's a genius) and returns to normal. The Beebots spare Team Sonic (mainly because they miss Tails being their leader) and then leave. Tails apologises, Team Sonic rejects the apology because there was nothing to forgive and they all share a warm embrace, promising to treat him better from now on.

...That's my idea of how the episode could have worked. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

This episode was mediocre overall. Tails does something reckless and stupid which gets himself into trouble (like in Multi-Tails), and Team Sonic and Eggman have to fix the problem (like in Multi-Tails). 

I think the episode plot would have been better if Tails had tested his machine by putting in ingredients for... let's say, pancakes and it works only in one way. When Tails tries to change the pancakes back to their original form, it doesn't work and it makes a mess. Tails cleans it up and goes in to check if it's perfectly clean, only for one of his tails to accidentally push the button. Then a Beebot comes in before they both disappear in a flash of light, giving Tails the fused body he has now.

Somewhere along the line, Tails gives a 'Reason You Suck' speech to Team Sonic and the villagers and joins the Beebot family. 
They capture Team Sonic and imprison them with Tails expressing his feelings towards them. Sonic and friends somehow escape to the village and Tails orders the Beebots to go after them. Team Sonic is outnumbered and begs Tails for forgiveness, with a heartfelt apology. 

Tails orders the Beebots to stand down and proceeds to fix the problem. He finds a way to fix the machine (because he's a genius) and returns to normal. The Beebots spare Team Sonic (mainly because they miss Tails being their leader) and then leave. Tails apologises, Team Sonic rejects the apology because there was nothing to forgive and they all share a warm embrace, promising to treat him better from now on.

...That's my idea of how the episode could have worked. Just an idea.

Uh, I don't think this is the kind of show you want it to be. Along with the fact that there's still some very mild humor to be had, you kinda have to establish why Tails is upset with the group(and maybe the villagers) for one thing and you lose the surprisingly dark factoid of Tails being somewhat Borg-like over time.

Though I suppose the tail thing could make for a quick riff due to the lack of plausibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, I don't think this is the kind of show you want it to be. Along with the fact that there's still some very mild humor to be had, you kinda have to establish why Tails is upset with the group(and maybe the villagers) for one thing and you lose the surprisingly dark factoid of Tails being somewhat Borg-like over time.

Though I suppose the tail thing could make for a quick riff due to the lack of plausibility.

Plus, Tails was never for say a flawless genius. Tails was always an inventor who would dive into things without necessarily testing them out. Just look at how he was introduced in Sonic Adventure, he tried flying a plane with a chaos emerald without doing tests first, which lead to him crashing.

Tails is a young inventor who is eager to test things out. Just like kids in real life, Tails usually has the mindset that things can’t go wrong, but he never considers how things could go badly. Let’s face it, practically everyone has moments like that, where they think an idea is a good thing, until we see how badly it can affect others. 

It makes sense to have Eggman be the one who has to bale Tails out, because he’s an inventor with years of experience. Tails builds things, without necessarily needing uses for them.  He builds for the fun of it, but never fully plans things out. While Eggman never succeeds, he still has many inventions that were planned out, and made specifically for some purpose.

I think that’s one reason Tails is such a relatable character for many, he can serve as a reminder of childhood innocence, and how dangerous it is to rush into things, without thinking about consequences. Tails would lose his charm, if he grew into a character who constantly gets mad and selfish towards those who disagree with him.

I think Tails is better off being an inexperienced scientist, compared to an always capable scientist. What fun is there in always having to have Tails be the answer to everything in the show?

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Plus, Tails was never for say a flawless genius.

I'm not saying he should be flawless. I just wish he had more common sense, that's all.

10 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I'm not saying he should be flawless. I just wish he had more common sense, that's all.

To be fair, he's only 8 years old.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Even so, he has a lot more common sense than Eggman most of the time. 

He's one of the more sensible characters on the show.

28 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

He's one of the more sensible characters on the show.

And that's part of why I consider him more of a straight man than Amy, as well as questioned why someone said he's one of the best renditions of himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

And that's part of why I consider him more of a straight man than Amy, as well as questioned why someone said he's one of the best renditions of himself.

Amy tends to lose her temper or can act a bit like she knows better than others. Plus, Tails is arguably the nicest member of Team Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Amy tends to lose her temper or can act a bit like she knows better than others. Plus, Tails is arguably the nicest member of Team Sonic.

Not to mention being a bit of a den mother.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Not to mention being a bit of a den mother.

Not to say that Tails can't be a jerk sometimes like in Unnaturally Alone Again

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Not to say that Tails can't be a jerk sometimes like in Unnaturally Alone Again

Been a little while, but sure.