Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Boom (Cartoon Network - Fall 2016, Untagged Spoilers for Season 2) Current Episode: Vector Detector

On 9/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, Jack the Rookie said:

If there is a season 3, what would you guys want to see from it? And what improvements?

On 9/19/2017 at 12:43 AM, DabigRG said:

I'll have to get back to you on this one, since background doesn't leave that much room despite the other answers.

I will say right now that Steve Eggman is one of the best new characters we've had, shockingly enough.

When in the games was this established?

More diverse storylines and character usages, to sum it up. I'll get into specifics when I'm not multiposting to old posts before bed.

Here's some character names and concepts from off the top of my head to chew on:

• Charlie the Desert Rat
  • Belinda the Not-Goat 
  • Weasel Bandits
  • Wily Walrus
  • Swifty the Shrew
  • Comedy Chimp
  • Perci the Bandicoot
  • A "good" Gogoba
  • Knuckles and Sticks
  • TW Barker with more circus elements
  • Steve Eggman/Morpho
  • More background for Sticks
  • Nominatus, Retro, and Beta
  • Fastidious Beaver with an actual role
  • W-tailed Marmoset 
  • Doc Ginger

Following up on this point, here's some more concrete ideas about what I would like to see:

• I feel like Charlie the Desert Rat (and to an extent, his wife Belinda) is a good example of a perfectly good character that should be used more. After all, he is something of a personal nemesis for Knuckles, has a career as an archaeologist that opens up possibilities such as further exploring the Ancients or giving him some new weapon/power to utilize for a bit, and while somewhat similar to Dave the Intern in appearance and feebleness, he shows up much less often and is played more seriously and thus has more potential for action and drama/tension.
  • Adding to this comparison to Dave the Intern, Belinda, unlike Dave's unseen mom, is actually pretty sinister and less of a joke device. The girl centric side story episode was interesting in that it actually had her be a contender and the ending outright makes it viable that she will be an active villainess in future appearances instead of merely being a motivation for Charlie. Plus, a husband-wife Bad Guy Team is something that's not very common to begin with and has potential for some clever banter and jokes.

• Speaking of Dave the Intern, I think the show would definitely benefit from having the Lightning Bolts show up a little more often as separate threats instead of just the 4man Cast Herd they've been for a while now. This would give them a little more room to potentially be fleshed out beyond what little there is to them and also mix things up a little to minimize the issue of just about every fight being instigated by Eggman.
  • Wily Walrus in particular is my favorite of three, if only due to hilarious first impression and the "muggy" voice he has that seems like it's a sendup to something. He could probably be more of a physical threat given he's the stockiest of the Lightning Boltz, something the rogue's gallery is sorely lacking.
  • The Weasel Bandits' introduction made them seem like a foreign force that didn't have a real presence in Hedgehog Village. Maybe we get some outskirt lore from them using the leader. They could act as a group of traveling vagabonds that victim the villagers much like they did to the Gogobas in their first appearance.
  • And how about a little less of the Nutria himself. Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm hating on Dave--particularly since he is indeed a significant milestone of the show deciding to keep some continuity and is somewhat flexible in usage due to being the sole employee of Meh Burger--but we see so much of him compared to just about every other Boom character and there were indeed a few times where he started to grate on me a little. Also, to let him get in a little on the point above, maybe have a few conflicts caused by him involve a little more inventiveness on his part rather than just leeching off Eggman. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure there were instances where he invented some form of weapon or trap himself.

• I know this is something of a weird pick and I did notice a little bit of adversity to him while getting caught up on what's been discussed since I lost the ability to watch for a long time, but I really think Swifty the Shrew could make a return or two, given that there were multiple copies of him  and it's not like Eggman doesn't recycle the same robots every few epsidoes. Perhaps he could even be reintroduced as a real character rather than just a robot Eggman used for a ruse, kinda like Fiona in the Preboot Archie comics.