Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

6 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Good to see D-Fekt again. Not sure about the penguin hat though. 

I wonder if the team will still have their powers from Fire and Ice 

New screenies from "Eggman Family Vacation" via the Sonic Tumblr:

tumblr_oyi84crWKJ1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oyi84crWKJ1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_oyi84crWKJ1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_oyi84crWKJ1u5cb23o4_1280.png

"Needing time away from scheming, the Eggman family goes on a family vacation! Of course, when you’re an evil genius, you’re always up to something. Catch “Eggman Family Vacation” on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Tag team!: #sonic boom #season 2 #you know what they say #besides the more the merrier #genius never stops #even if it means potentially ruining a family vacation #or a trip to roboken

• Thumbs Up 5

On 10/26/2017 at 11:39 PM, Fusion-Demon said:

Is that Mighton wearing some gear?

EDIT: they showed more screens! But of the episode airing on November!

tumblr_oyh4k54KEH1udzlioo2_1280.png

I wonder how they're going to introduce D-Fekt. Will they have it loosely take place after Fire and Ice, are they going to just randomly reintroduce the character like they did with Perci, or are they going to handle it like they did with Metal Sonic/Shadow/Vector, and have the characters act like the viewers already know who this character is?

Once again, this appears to be another episode that may exclude Sticks, since she's in none of these images. She's always missing from the episodes that feature the Valley of Cubots. It kind of makes sense though, Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles are likely keeping it's location a secret, because they fear Sticks would probably try finding the place, and start destroying every last Cubot or something. I could be wrong though, maybe Sticks will show up. After all, last week's episode almost seemed like Amy wasn't going to be in it, since everyone but her showed up in the preview images, yet she surprisingly had more screen time than Sticks, Tails, and Knuckles. Amy was given more of a supporting role in last week's episode, as she tried teaching Eggman how to control his anger. which explained why she wasn't with the others in the preview screenshot of the group. 

I thought the Cubots decided to stay in Robokken? I wonder if this episode will give a good explanation for why they were sent back. Maybe the Eggman Famiily Vacation episode will reveal the reason. After all, the Cubots were left in a valley to hide from Eggman, so maybe Eggman realizes his prototypes are still alive in Robokken, and tries destroying them. Maybe the Cubots had to go back to their valley, in order to protect themselves, and keep Robokken safe? 

• Thumbs Up 1

@SpongicX I alsi hppe they explain D-Fekt's appearance and maybe talk about the team's powers from the game. No offense but Pontaff could have done better at explaining the latter in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2017 at 5:39 AM, Fusion-Demon said:

Is that Mighton wearing some gear?

EDIT: they showed more screens! But of the episode airing on November!

tumblr_oyh4k54KEH1udzlioo2_1280.png

Jumping the gun, I see?

On 10/26/2017 at 10:28 PM, Geraint Lewis said:

And here’s your previews for this week’s episode.

EFBB088E-D1E8-4D67-9B71-59B2902A0098.jpeg

I made my version of this brighter to blend in better.

I just wrote to the owner of the Sharing Boom document reminding him to put up the three missing episodes tonight. Hopefully he does, because we need a full house of episode downloads at its finest quality. Three Minutes or Less has been in potato quality for way too long.

43 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

Still hoping for a 3rd season/sequel series of the Sonic Boom TV show

And speaking of that after today there will only be 3 episodes left of Sonic Boom Season 2

I know. And tomorrow will be exactly one year since the Season 2 premiere.

"Eggman Family Vacation" was enjoyable, I guess.

Also, looks like the "Baldy McNosehair" nickname found its way into this universe, too. Not much of a comfort for those who hate that.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, GhostlyWind said:

"Eggman Family Vacation" was enjoyable, I guess.

Also, looks like the "Baldy McNosehair" nickname found its way into this universe, too. Not much of a comfort for those who hate that.

"Hey! I've been looking for you Baldy McNosehair! Who are your friends?"

---Sonic T. Hedgehog, Sonic Lost World

(NOTE: I really don't know haw he said it cuz I haven't seen it yet. I'm just making a reference from another game from 4 years ago)

2 minutes ago, GhostlyWind said:

Don't think I like that. How was it used?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Don't I like that. How was it used?

Sonic uses it when Team Sonic realizes they're getting a break from Eggman while he and his family are on vacation.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, GhostlyWind said:

Sonic uses it when Team Sonic realizes they're getting a break from Eggman while he and his family are on vacation.

Was there any poking fun at the nickname itself?

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Was there any poking fun at the nickname itself?

Nope, not really. It was just used.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman Family Vacation was a mixed episode for me. Most of it was kind of boring, but it got a little better towards the last act. One issue I have with the episode is the lack of continuity. All of a sudden, it seems like Eggman is the only one aware that Morpho isn't really his brother, and is a robot from another dimension. Eggman is the one who has to keep bringing it up. Eggman and Morpho are still fighting for who knows what reason. I was able to let the lack of continuity slide for the episode "Where Have All The Sonics Gone", but now it's gotten repetitive and tiring. Remember how Eggman and Morpho became best pals at the end of "Eggman's Brother", why is it portrayed like they hate each other all of a sudden?

The episode starts off with Eggman and Morpho fighting over being defeated again, and Mombot is sick of it. She announces she's going on a vacation to Robokken, and wants Orbot Cubot,  Eggman and Morpho to go with her, in hopes of bonding. Sonic and pals rejoice over being able to relax with Eggman away, but Amy pulls out a list of activities for them to do, and the gang suddenly loses excitement. While taking a hike, Knuckles accidentally activates one of Eggman's hidden missiles by pulling on a tree branch. The gang then uses Tails's plane to catch up to the missile and stop it.  We get a montage of Eggman hating the vacation, while Sonic and pals keep running into different forms of danger, like being attacked by a giant snake, and exploring a dark cave full of angry Widabits. Eventually, Sonic and pals are getting a bit annoyed and exhausted by their vacation.

Meanwhile, Eggman runs into Bolts, and notices how intelligent he is. Eggman decides he wants a certain chip from Bolts's parts, in order to make his robots more intelligent. Eggman and Morpho work together to trap Bolts and steal his chip. Mighton finds Bolts, and suspects Eggman is behind taking Bolts's intelligence chip, and charges after them. Eggman then grabs Mombot and the others to evacuate. Eggman flees back to the village, but Mighton and Cyborg Sonic catch up to him. Sonic and pals manage to stumble across them while still hiking on their own vacation. 

This is where the episode got a little more entertaining. Eggman puts Bolts's intelligence chip into Fire Bot, and it causes Fire Bot to shoot his flames more precisely, and use better strategies for fighting off Sonic. As Sonic and pals charge at Fire Bot, Fire Bot throws the chip to a Motobug, and now the Motobug has better intelligence, and starts driving circles around the others with tricky maneuvers. Sonic and pals keep chasing the minions around, as the minions keep passing the chip around. The gang starts smashing the robots, so they can stop passing them down to the other. Eventually, Sonic and pals lose track of the chip, and wonder where it's at. All of a sudden Mombot starts ranting about how they should stop fighting, and lectures how violence leads to more violence. Sticks gasps, and points out how Mombot must have the chip. Sonic and pals charge at Mombot, but Eggman and Morpho step in front of Mombot, and stop Sonic and pals from attacking. Eggman decides losing his Mombot over intelligent robots isn't worth it. He takes the intelligent chip out of Mombot, and hands it back to Bolts. In the end, Eggman and Morpho learn to get along for the sake of making their Mombot happy.

Overall, it was a very mixed episode full of some tiring moments and a lack of continuity, but it still had some funny moments, and a slightly touching scene of Eggman and Morpho protecting Mombot from being destroyed. I didn't love the episode, but I didn't hate it either, it was just very unfocused.  The vacation aspect of the episode was the worst part about it, it got better when it became a battle over reclaiming Bolts's intelligence. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Someone should tell Sonic and his friends that they should never go near Eggman missiles. They seem to have an ability to set them off by accident all the time. lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

What does Eggman need all those missiles for?

Did he leave them because he wanted to keep Sonic and crew busy while he was gone, but remembered the Beebot incident and went for something that had no AI this time around?

• Thumbs Up 2