Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

How did that happen?

The gang is all beat up and worn out from all the crazy situations they got out of.  They try finding their way back home. Sonic asks why they couldn't just lay on a hammock at the beach instead. Amy tells Sonic to relax, and says how she's sure home isn't too far away, she then places her hand on a tree, which accidentally activates a hidden switch, and another giant missile launches. Sonic then says "You've gotta be kidding me..." We don't actually see them take down the second missile, but it's implied they just got done taking it out, right before Eggman got back from his vacation. It's implied that Sticks and Knuckles were the ones who took out the missile, since they look pretty dirty the next time we see them. 

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Team Sonic and Dr. Eggman suffered a lot in this episode.

It was done pretty humorously though. They weren't aching in pain or anything, they were more tired than anything. The biggest problem with this episode was the pacing, the lack of focus, and lack of continuity. It did have a few funny moments though. I personally think this would have worked better as two separate episodes. One about Sonic and pals going hiking and getting lost, while the other should have stayed focused on Eggman's actual vacation.

This episode felt more like 2 separate vacations that did not go well together at all. At least the other 2 vacation episodes from this season did a good job at making the episodes separate, while managing to have them connect with each other. Maybe if this were a 22 minute episode, it could have worked, but 11 minutes made the episode feel too unfocused. I'll even go as far as to saying "Where Have All The Sonics Gone" felt more focused than this, and we all know that episode felt limited due to time constraints. 

18 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

What does Eggman need all those missiles for?

Did he leave them because he wanted to keep Sonic and crew busy while he was gone, but remembered the Beebot incident and went for something that had no AI this time around?

He's just lucky Sticks didn't stamp them as "Return to Sender" again. Heck, if Sticks could find every hidden missile silo of Eggman's, and do what she did in "Into The Wilderness", Eggman would be screwed. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

He's just lucky Sticks didn't stamp them as "Return to Sender" again. Heck, if Sticks could find every hidden missile silo of Eggman's, and do what she did in "Into The Wilderness", Eggman would be screwed. 

Its gonna take a lot more than a rebuilt base to fix the damage from that.

Its a good thing Sticks doesn't trust technology enough to use it unless absolutely necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I just noticed about this episode. It implies that the gang is lost, yet we saw perfectly well that Tails had his plane, and they used it to take down the first missile. Why didn't they just use the plane to find their way home? It would have made more sense to show Tails's plane get destroyed, which lead them to get lost, but it didn't happen. All of a sudden, we see them walking on foot, and wondering where home is? 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

This episode felt more like 2 separate vacations that did not go well together at all. At least the other 2 vacation episodes from this season did a good job at making the episodes separate, while managing to have them connect with each other. Maybe if this were a 22 minute episode, it could have worked, but 11 minutes made the episode feel too unfocused. I'll even go as far as to saying "Where Have All The Sonics Gone" felt more focused than this, and we all know that episode felt limited due to time constraints. 

Kind of like "No Robots Allowed". I noticed how every episode Mombot has been in has pacing issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Geraint Lewis said:

I just wrote to the owner of the Sharing Boom document reminding him to put up the three missing episodes tonight. Hopefully he does, because we need a full house of episode downloads at its finest quality. Three Minutes or Less has been in potato quality for way too long.

What did he say, Geraint?

14 hours ago, GhostlyWind said:

Also, looks like the "Baldy McNosehair" nickname found its way into this universe, too. Not much of a comfort for those who hate that.

That’s great, and, about those who hate it, i personally dislike the nickname as it was being used in the games, since it completely removes the “Eggman is a threat we should worry about”, here in BOOM it’s more than welcome, since it fits the show premise, which is a comedic take on the series.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

16 hours ago, GhostlyWind said:

"Eggman Family Vacation" was enjoyable, I guess.

Also, looks like the "Baldy McNosehair" nickname found its way into this universe, too. Not much of a comfort for those who hate that.

I sincerely don't understand the hate for such an innocuous joke. This fandom will latch onto the stupidest things to hate. 

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, GhostlyWind said:

"Eggman Family Vacation" was enjoyable, I guess.

Truth be told, I was expecting that joke since season 1, given the show's tone.

Has anyone noticed how the music has improved?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Sonic Boom won yet another award!!!

I've forgotten. What are all the other awards it's won?

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Sonic Boom won yet another award!!!

HOLY CRAP! HECK YEAH! Finally! This makes me happy! What a day!

It's an award winning series that a majority of fans enjoy so naturally it probably won't get a third season. Such is life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Guys, check it out! I just looked on xFinity on Demand yesterday and look at what was on there.

Sonic Boom xFinity on Demand as of October 29, 2017.JPG

But where are all the other episodes?

4 minutes ago, Zers Editor said:

But where are all the other episodes?

I don't know, but maybe one day, they'll come back.

26 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

If anything the rewards are a sign that it will get a 3rd season or maybe even a sequel series and be given another chance because that means the show is successful

Just because the show hasn't been treated very well doesn't mean its cursed for being good there are other shows that were not treated very good at one point but some of them got another chance (for example Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge that show went to Netflix)

Or like Pokemon going Disney XD.

18 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

If anything the rewards are a sign that it will get a 3rd season or maybe even a sequel series and be given another chance because that means the show is successful

Just because the show hasn't been treated very well doesn't mean its cursed for being good there are other shows that were not treated very good at one point but some of them got another chance (for example Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge that show went to Netflix)

I want another season but the signs aren't looking good. The only slightly positive thing is I think Ian Flynn mentioned something about IDW being able to do Boom stuff. I could be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

12 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I want another season but the signs aren't looking good. The only slightly positive thing is I think Ian Flynn mentioned something about IDW being able to do Boom stuff. I could be wrong.

Yeah, he mentioned that bits of Boom material might present in the IDW comics. 

On 10/12/2017 at 5:59 PM, Forterror-Metallix said:

More updates from today's Sonic stream:

-No known price per issue yet

-Mighty, Ray, and the Hooligans are apparently fair game for this comic

-They can't say yet whether this is a new continuity yet

-These issues will be available in comic stores

-Ian strongly hinted that Silver will be in one of the Forces comics

-No Mephiles, apparently

-No origins planned for the cast yet. This first year will focus solely on the "here and now"

-This is primarily a Modern-based comic, but look forward to bits from Classic and Boom

-They don't know if there will be a subscription service yet

-Tyson Hesse will be involved in the comics, "to some capacity"

-This comic will have some familiar artists, some new

-Still no comment on the Freedom Fighters

-Shadow and Blaze confirmed

I wonder what that means though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The final 3 episodes are set to air within the next 3 weeks,  I still can't believe that it's been over a year since season 2 started. At long last more returning characters for the final 3 episodes including D-Fekt, Shadow, Metal Sonic possibly and hopefully another mystery returning character. Also the writers for Sonic Boom Fire and Ice and this weeks episode of Sonic Boom, are the same people writing Sonic Forces. Also Do Not Make Me Angry and Eggman Family Vacation are reairing on Boomerang this Sunday. If the 2-part season finale truly means the end of Sonic Boom, then I hope they at least bring in Silver and Blaze, because like I've said before they have never been in a Sonic TV show before, while Shadow, Metal Sonic, Vector that have appeared in Boom as well as others that didn't appear in Boom like Espio, Big, Cream and Rouge, however they appeared in Sonic X. I think they kind of confirmed that Rouge and Charmy will Not be in Boom, so that kind of narrows down who will appear since the 2-parter sounds like it will have a lot of action, so they would have to use more action oriented characters like Silver, Blaze, Metal and/or Espio. Shadow we already know is confirmed for the 2-part season finale, but until we get some screenshots we can only guess, unless someone posts the French version on YouTube, which is unlikely for spoiler reasons. But the phrase ``save the best for last" is probably what will apply again this season, which Sega has done in the past with Sonic Boom season 1, Lego Dimensions year 2 trailer for E3, etc.

One last thing I want to know, shouldn't CN be updating their schedule for November, I mean here it is Halloween the last day of October and they haven't updated their schedule to include the english title for the 2-part finale of Sonic Boom Season 2 or the series as a whole, unsure because Sega hasn't said anything concerning the future of Sonic Boom even after the better, more positive reviews and sales of Sonic Boom Fire & Ice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1