Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Can I ask everybody something? So you know that artist that I posted about earlier in the thread? I really think she is awesome and her art is outstanding. So she came up with these iPhone cases of Sonic Boom and tweeted them. What do you guys think?

59f9fe7c2a7d3_Screenshot2017-11-01at1_03_34PM.thumb.png.e568c7ad5500a30c66c78fa597155fc7.png59f9febaab973_Screenshot2017-11-01at1_03_46PM.thumb.png.df8c4304610edfb691b7b8e40f6d4b25.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Please let Knuckles break the fourth wall on cliffhangers again!

To be honest, I felt that got old after the first time for the 4 parter.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the writer for next week's episode wrote the stories for "Eggheads" and "The Meteor". I mention this because the latter seems to be a fairly popular Season 1 episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So the writer for next week's episode wrote the stories for "Eggheads" and "The Meteor".

That’s great! Those episodes were funny, suspenseful, and entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Interesting to see D-Fekt turn on Eggman again. In Fire and Ice, he turned on Eggman to be appreciated, yet it looks like that appreciateion didn’t last.

I look forward to seeing what he’ll be able to say. There could be some funny interactions with him trying to train an army of dimwitted Cubot prototypes. Maybe we’ll even see D-Fekt snap at Sticks, and tell her to stop being so clingy towards him.

I wonder if this episode will connect with last week’s episode. Maybe after Eggman’s whole fiasco of stealing Bolts’s smart chip, Robokken decided to banish the Cubot prototypes, due to fear of working for Eggman. As the Cubots were banished, D-Fekt finds them. Using his new speech abilities, maybe Defect will be able to convince the Cubots that Eggman is to blame for all their problems. Maybe the Cubots figure if they defeat Eggman, Robokken will take them back.

I just realized these last batch of episodes seem to be Eggman focused. For the past 2 episodes, they were Eggman focused, yet the remaining 3 episodes also seem Eggman focused. Hopefully they manage to give the characters more time to shine, instead of giving Eggman too much time and focus. I can’t stand it when the others are barely included.

Season 2 started off well with letting the others be involved, it wasn’t until Inn-Sanity where we started getting too many Eggman revolving episodes in a row. We got like 5 Eggman episodes in a row since Inn Sanity, and appear to be getting another 5 in a row for the last 5 episodes of the season. This is the season finale, and possibly the end of the show, so it would be a shame if the characters aren’t the main focus again, like the season 1 finale.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Interesting to see D-Fekt turn on Eggman again. In Fire and Ice, he turned on Eggman to be appreciated, yet it looks like that appreciateion didn’t last.

I look forward to seeing what he’ll be able to say. There could be some funny interactions with him trying to train an army of dimwitted Cubot prototypes. Maybe we’ll even see D-Fekt snap at Sticks, and tell her to stop being so clingy towards him.

I wonder if this episode will connect with last week’s episode. Maybe after Eggman’s whole fiasco of stealing Bolts’s smart chip, Robokken decided to banish the Cubot prototypes, due to fear of working for Eggman. As the Cubots were banished, D-Fekt finds them. Using is new speech abilities, maybe Defect will be able to convince the Cubots that Eggman is to blame for all their problems. Maybe the Cubots figure if they defeat Eggman, Robokken will take them back.

I just realized these last batch of episodes seem to be Eggman focused. For the past 2 episodes, they were Eggman focused, yet the remaining 3 episodes also seem Eggman focused. Hopefully they manage to give the characters more time to shine, instead of giving Eggman too much time and focus. I can’t stand it when the others are barely included.

Season 2 started off well with letting the others be involved, it wasn’t until Inn-Sanity where we started getting too many Eggman revolving episodes in a row. We got like 5 Eggman episodes in a row since Inn Sanity, and appear to be getting another 5 in a row for the last 5 episodes of the season. This is the season finale, and possibly the end of the show, so it would be a shame if the characters aren’t the main focus again, like the season 1 finale.

At least the other characters got plenty of focus and moments to shine in the past two episodes. To be fair, the Anti-Gravity episode wasn't really Eggman focused.

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

At least the other characters got some focus in the past few episodes.

Last week’s felt too unfocused though.  I was honestly more interested in seeing what Sonic and pals were up to, compared to Eggman’s boring vacation. Yet Sonic’s subplot was filler. The season 1 finale felt the same, it was filler that really didn’t contribute to the plot. It was just Sonic and pals having trouble assembling a book shelf, not the most exciting thing to see in a finale.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I see what you mean. Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

Anyways, what voice do you expect from D-Fekt?

Maybe something high pitched, or silly sounding, or maybe they’ll do the unexpected, and give him a deep voice like Hypnobot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Hello, yes I would just like to let you know that the third annual Twitter Takeover has begun on the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter page. If you have any Sonic Boom related questions, feel free to ask them on their Twitter page.

10 minutes ago, Geraint Lewis said:

Hello, yes I would just like to let you know that the third annual Twitter Takeover has begun on the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter page. If you have any Sonic Boom related questions, feel free to ask them on their Twitter page.

What’s the point in asking questions about the show? We already know most questions about the show can’t be answered, or they’ll make up joke responses that aren’t to be taken seriously. It’s hard to ask questions about a show, when they end up telling us nothing new.

No point in asking for season 3, because they won’t know or have permission to answer.  No point in asking if Sonic and Amy confess their feelings, because we already know they think SonAmy is a joke, no point in asking what will happen in the finale, because they don’t have permission to answer that. No point in asking if anyone else from the games will show up, etc.

What’s the point of Q&As, if all of the questions are going to be shut down? It’s easier to give Q&As about a celebrity’s life, but for a show that’s about to end with very strict restrictions from the owners of the franchise, not much will be given.

Here are the screenshots for "Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots", courtesy of the Sonic Tumblr:

tumblr_oyv85mIduh1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_oyv85mIduh1u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_oyv85mIduh1u5cb23o1_1280.png

"D-Fekt returns, and has gained the ability to speak. But his wounds from Sonic Boom Fire and Ice are still fresh as he mounts a revenge strike against Eggman with several Cubots. Watch “Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots“ on Sonic Boom, airing tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

Again, no tags other than #sonic boom and #season 2. Probably because they're busy with the Twitter Takeover.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, SuaveKnux said:

Eggman: The Video Game is the second last episode of the season?

"Eggman: The Video Game" in its entirety is the finale. It's a two-parter, and the final two episodes of Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, I just got an email from the owner of the Sharing Boom document. He said "My DVR missed some episodes while I was out of town. I'll get them up on the doc as they become available in HD on VOD." This means, we will and/or MAY be getting "Three Minutes or Less" after 6 potato quality weeks and we'll eventually get the latest episodes on the document.

"Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots" was an enjoyable, if not all that funny, episode. I feel like Pontaff did good with this one.

Can't wait for the two-part finale!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I have a question for you guys: what are your thoughts on the overall writing of the show? What are your likes and dislikes of it?

Return To Beyond the Valley Of The Cubots was decent, but the ending fell flat, and felt too rushed. A few things to point out, before summarizing what happens. The continuity is a bit mixed in this episode. It does point out that Friendbot decided to stay behind in Robokken, but it didn't bother explaining why the Cubots are back in their valley. (Missed opportunity, they should have tied it into last week's episode, and showed the Cubots get banished from Robokken, due to being former robots of Eggman's.) Also, Sticks is absent in this episode, unfortunately. While the episode doesn't refer back to Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, it still feels like a continuation to it, but the episode might be a bit confusing for those who never saw the cutscenes from that game, due to D-Fekt's inclusion. D-Fekt still has his telekinetic powers. Apparently, Knuckles also has an outdoor gym for the villagers to use, not bad for a guy who's broke. 

The episode starts off with Tails having D-Fekt around his lab, and has D-Fekt be his assistant. Tails wants D-Fekt to fetch him something from the village, but D-Fekt can't speak, which makes it difficult for people to understand what he wants. Tails decides to modify D-Fekt to speak English. D-Fekt feels great to finally be able to speak, and decides to try finding a purpose. He attempts different jobs and hobbies, but fails. D-Fekt tries doing stand up comedy, yet Eggman makes a jab at him, which causes everyone but Sonic and pals to laugh at D-Fekt. Amy tries cheering D-Fekt up, by pointing out how Eggman is mean to all his rejected robots, D-Fekt wants to know who the other rejects are, which leads the gang to leading D-Fekt to the Cubot valley. D-Fekt falls in love with Cute Bot.  the Cubots want a new leader to protect them, now that Friendbot is in Robokken. D-Fekt steps up, and decides to look after them. D-Fekt eventually inspires the Cubots to get revenge on Eggman, and they manage to take over Eggman's lair, and make Eggman his servant.

Sonic and the gang decide to check up on D-Fekt, yet are surprised to see D-Fekt take over Eggman's lair. They're actually kind of amused, and decide Eggman deserves a taste of his own medicine. Sonic accidentally gives D-Fekt the wrong idea, when he says "revenge is best served sweet". D-Fekt decides to go around, and get revenge on everyone who made fun of him in the village. He then trashes Comedy Chimp's stand up, and thanks Sonic for telling him "revenge is sweet." Sonic and pals feel guilty for misleading D-Fekt, and try convincing him that attacking people who aren't hurting others is not right. D-Fekt gets furious, and decides to keep attacking, and Sonic and pals fight back. Meanwhile, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot manage to break free, and Eggman pulls out a Defect prototype, and connects it to his mech suit. Eggman ends up fighting D-Fekt.

The episode ends with Eggman grabbing Cute Bot, and threatens to harm her. D-Fect suddenly stops attacking. Sonic then runs in and saves Cute Bot from Eggman. D-Fekt then sends Eggman flying, and thanks Sonic for saving Cute Bot. D-Fekt becomes an anti hero, and decides he'll fight anyone he considers a threat to him and his army of Cubots. D-Fekt, and the Cubots then flee, and the episode ends with Knuckles being confused over whether D-Fekt is now a good guy or bad guy. (Very abrupt ending...)

While the ending fell flat, I still enjoyed the episode. I liked D-Fekt's new voice, and the scenes with his telekinetic powers were entertaining. It was funny to see Eggman finally get a taste of his own medicine, by being forced to work around his own lair. I also really liked how Sonic and pals realized they messed up by letting D-Fekt get away with bullying Eggman, They realized it was wrong for heroes to not help someone in need, no matter how badly that person treats others.  Only 2 more weeks until the season ends.

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I have a question for you guys: what are your thoughts on the overall writing of the show? What are your likes and dislikes of it?

Mixed, hit or miss. Some of it's funny and clever, while others are jokes that are clearly only trying to make kids laugh. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX Kind if a mixed opportunity to have Sticks be absent considering her relationship with D-Fekt.

Not to mention how there's only two episodes left.

• Thumbs Up 1