Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

35 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I have a question for you guys: what are your thoughts on the overall writing of the show? What are your likes and dislikes of it?

There are a couple of rough spots, but ultimately, I largely consider the show enjoyable. The clever humor, decent character interaction, and, heck, the fact that Sonic is in a cartoon again are good points.

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Not to mention how there's only two episodes left.

Yeah, plus the ending sounds really unresolved. So, now we might not know what happens to D-Fekt or the others.

Just now, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Do D-Fekt X Cutebot? XD

I suppose, you see hearts and a pink screen effect placed over D-Fekt when he first sees her, along with some romantic sounding music. If I recall, he also hugs her, when Sonic rescues her. 

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, plus the ending sounds really unresolved. 

I dunno, I feel like the episode wrapped up nicely.

I suppose, you see hearts and a pink screen effect placed over D-Fekt when he first sees her, along with some romantic sounding music. If I recall, he also hugs her, when Sonic rescues her. 

Too adorable. And I think I know why sometimes characters are absent

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Why is that? 

They are voice actors for Tv Shows so maybe they're schedule to go and work on different tv shows

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

They are voice actors for Tv Shows so maybe they're schedule to go and work on different tv shows

Makes sense. Did any character voiced by Nika Futterman have any lines?

While I'm not sure if it counts as a SonAmy scene, there was a moment where D-Fekt pulled a tree out of the ground, and chucks it at Amy, Amy blocks it with her hammer, but gets sent flying, and lands on her back.  We see Sonic help her up. It was a cute little detail, I liked seeing Sonic helping her up. Sonic also looked real angry at D-Fekt for hurting Amy like that. Kind of ironic how Sonic went to help her, because Knuckles was the one who probably  needed more help, he was smashed head first into the ground. To be fair, Amy was knocked down first, so it kind of makes sense for Sonic to rush over to help her first, it was still cute though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Links to Screenshots from "Return To Beyond The Valley Of Cubots"

On a side note, I think it's safe to say it's official, Amy made an appearance in every single episode of season 2. There's no way she'll be absent in the finale. Quite impressive, since she was absent in at least 2 episodes in season 1. The closest Amy got to an absence in season 2 was The Haunted Lair, yet she still showed up at the beginning, she was just strangely absent for the rest of the episode. While she didn't have too many starring roles this season, it is still interesting how she at least showed up in each episode from season 2. Poor Sticks, I think she was absent in more season 2 episodes than she was absent in season 1, strangely enough. As far as I know, Knuckles was only absent in 2 episodes this season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Links to Screenshots from "Return To Beyond The Valley Of Cubots"

On a side note, I think it's safe to say it's official, Amy made an appearance in every single episode of season 2. There's no way she'll be absent in the finale. Quite impressive, since she was absent in at least 2 episodes in season 1. The closest Amy got to an absence in season 2 was The Haunted Lair, yet she still showed up at the beginning, she was just strangely absent for the rest of the episode. While she didn't have too many starring roles this season, it is still interesting how she at least showed up in each episode from season 2. Poor Sticks, I think she was absent in more season 2 episodes than she was absent in season 1, strangely enough. As far as I know, Knuckles was only absent in 2 episodes this season. 

Interesting fact. Yeah, it's kind of sad how often Sticks is absent from episodes. She didn't even appear in the very first episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I'm not mistaken, Sonic, Tails, and Amy showed up in every single season 2 episode. 

Interesting since Tails was absent in at least one episode. Also, I think Sonic is the only character to appear in every episode.

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Interesting since Tails was absent in at least one episode. Also, I think Sonic is the only character to appear in every episode.

I think the Metal Sonic episode was the only episode where Tails was completely absent. I think he showed up in every season 2 episode. He was barely in "Strike", but still appeared at the very beginning. That was also one of the two season 2 episodes where Knuckles didn't show up, the other was "Return Of The Buddy Buddy Temple Of Doom." (If we ever get a season 3, they need to come up with less ridiculously long titles for episodes...) 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I think the Metal Sonic episode was the only episode where Tails was completely absent. I think he showed up in every season 2 episode. He was barely in "Strike", but still appeared at the very beginning. That was also one of the two season 2 episodes where Knuckles didn't show up, the other was "Return Of The Buddy Buddy Temple Of Doom." (If we ever get a season 3, they need to come up with less ridiculously long titles for episodes...) 

Tails also wasn't the Bro Down Showdown episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Loved this episode.

D. Fekt and his affection for Cutebot was adorable. It was nice to see him discover his purpose even if it lead him to do some really nasty stuff along the way. Would love to see more of D. Fekt in the future-- he's actually closer to Shadow from SA2 in terms of motivations and alignments than any of the actual Shadow the Hedgehog interpretations that have been used over the years. I like. I don't mind the ambiguous ending-- the plot was about D. Fekt trying to find his purpose in life, and it ended with him doing so. The rest is ambiguous.

Actually, Sonic Boom does a ton of things right that mainline Sonic hasn't done as well with. D. Fekt is a better Shadow than the actual Shadow at this point. Pontaff-written episodes are funny, heartwarming, and well-plotted. "Where Have All the Sonic's Gone?" handled the idea of Eggman actually winning and controlling territories much better than Forces. Sonic's friends are important and well-written without distracting from Sonic himself. And those are just the ones from off the top of my head.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Tails also wasn't the Bro Down Showdown episode.

Oh, I forgot.

39 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Loved this episode.

D. Fekt and his affection for Cutebot was adorable. It was nice to see him discover his purpose even if it lead him to do some really nasty stuff along the way. Would love to see more of D. Fekt in the future-- he's actually closer to Shadow from SA2 in terms of motivations and alignments than any of the actual Shadow the Hedgehog interpretations that have been used over the years. I like. I don't mind the ambiguous ending-- the plot was about D. Fekt trying to find his purpose in life, and it ended with him doing so. The rest is ambiguous.

Actually, Sonic Boom does a ton of things right that mainline Sonic hasn't done as well with. D. Fekt is a better Shadow than the actual Shadow at this point. Pontaff-written episodes are funny, heartwarming, and well-plotted. "Where Have All the Sonic's Gone?" handled the idea of Eggman actually winning and controlling territories much better than Forces. Sonic's friends are important and well-written without distracting from Sonic himself. And those are just the ones from off the top of my head.

D-Fect was like a mixture of Shadow and Silver. He had Shadow’s revenge and purpose motivation, while having Silver’s powers.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@SpongicX Kind if a mixed opportunity to have Sticks be absent considering her relationship with D-Fekt. Also, who voiced D-Fekt?

I’m not sure who voiced D-Fekt to be honest. He sounded similar to Wild Cat. I’m guessing he was voiced by Wally Wingert.

Update: I looked it up, it was Wally Wingert.

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it kind of sad that we didn’t get to see more episodes of Mark the Tapir being an antagonist again. I thought he made a funny and creepy villain for Sonic and pals. Lucky for Sticks, she never had to meet him, it could have been funny for Mark to say he doesn’t like her, because she’s not canon, or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I find it kind of sad that we didn’t get to see more episodes of Mark the Tapir being an antagonist again. I thought he made a funny and creepy villain for Sonic and pals. Lucky for Sticks, she never had to meet him, it could have been funny for Mark to say he doesn’t like her, because she’s not canon, or something.

Maybe he could stated that he sees her as an unnecessary member of the group. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news, Three MInutes or Less along with the other two episodes from DIRECTV have just arrived on the Sharing Boom document.

Sonic make's a remark about Eggman's mustache. This is a Ken Pontac and Warren Graff script alright. It was a fun episode. I like that D-Fekt isn't like 100% Evil or Good. It's nice to see some Gray area characters every now and then. Part of the reason I like Rouge and wanted to see her but oh, well.

I do think it would have helped if D-Fekt had actually appeared like at all before this episode. I mean it's nice to know Fire and Ice is Canon but it's still kinda weird he's just here with no real explanation.

And since we're coming to the end over on ArchieSonicOnline I've been working on a timeline for the series based on the one SurrealBrian had made on Bumbleking. Check it out

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Thanks to my swift reminders to the owner of the Sharing Boom document, Don’t Make Me Angry is finally available on there.

Hold on! Haven’t we seen this error once before? (The one with the numbers on the top left and top right hand corners)

EAEA190B-5BF2-4242-B8D2-FC134432D2DB.jpeg

The D-Fekt fight where he was throwing chairs telepathically seemed like a call back to Silver's debut boss fight. Only not as cheap... 

• Thumbs Up 1