Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic-Boom-job-listing-1024x576.jpg&key=

"Bringing the Boom Baby"

Under normal circumstances, I don't think a second topic for a show would be needed, however considering that the original Boom topic usually got a ton of replies per episode, I thought it might be a good idea to split up the discussion for Season 1, and Season 2, since the Sonic 25th Birthday Party has had a 30 minute section on Boom Season 2, I guess now would be the best time to get a new topic up for Season 2.

As many people know, Season 1 was seen as mistreated by a lot of people, due to lack of promotion on Cartoon Network, new episodes airing extremely early in the morning, and very very low time slots. In terms of home release in the US, that's extremely limited, with the only option being on Hulu if you want to watch previous episodes at your leisure, so Season 2 happening feels like a miracle, but hey, it's still happening so that's a good thing.

As for me, I'm hoping to see a few improvements. More SEGA!Sonic characters, higher animation quality, more environments, the townspeople not being assholes, and some better written stories. 

Stories we know that are in Season 2:

-A story where Eggman attempts to warn people about an asteroid that could destroy them all, and scam them into paying to get into a bunker he created.

• Thumbs Up 9

From what I could tell in that little clip, the models look a little bit different, like shinier, compared to the first season. Also, i chuckled a few times during that clip and I want to see more. I'm looking forward to season 2!

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like more of the same. Which is pretty darn fine by me, considering how hilarious and fun the show is.

Still, I really do hope they try to branch out a little bit more, though you'd figure they'd want to show off something a little more "different" if they had anything.

Writing's still meh, but the movements seem more fluent, which is a plus. The better animated episodes are entertaining to me just for how the characters moved, so this attracts me. Even the background characters move less awkwardly!

The animation quality looks like it got bumped up a little bit higher, and that's great.  There's a lot more detail than before on things like Eggman's uniform.  Very nice textures.  The lighting is also dramatically improved, as opposed to the neural lighting that was used for most of the first season.  I hope they've been putting equal amounts of dedication into the sound department, which I feel was probably the most daunting thing about season 1.

I agree that the writing is pretty much more of the same.  Here's hoping there will be something to spice it up just a little bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

The clip was okay. The funniest thing in there was Tails being insecure again with him trying too hard to be cool again. I'll watch and have fun like always so it's no big deal.

I noticed the villagers got a slight improvement in facial expressions. Their animation still is not as good as the main characters, but they have less of a blank stare, as seen throughout season 1. I noticed the characters moved their pupils a lot more, which made them seem more aware of what's going on around them. The animators now rely on more than just having the characters turn their heads to look at something, they now seem to use their pupils to look at things, which is quite the improvement. Too bad they still seem to be dimwitted though, considering how they still seem to blindly trust Eggman, instead of the heroes who are fighting for the safest solutions...

You know, I mean I wouldn't mind if Boom Season 2 had a bit of an adventurous feel to it but then again, AoStH is the only other comedic Sonic cartoon. So yeah, I think I'll be perfectly fine if Boom Season 2 is like Season 1, just more refined and hopefully expands without losing the show's appeal. Liked what I see from the sneak peek, if that helps.

SO yeah, expect little ol' me coming here to post my weekly thoughts on the upcoming Boom-isodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the sneak peek on youtube and yes the color is a LOT more now and the animation looks good!

But half of the plot reminds me of Ice age collision course albeit a bit tweaked.

Can't wait to see more of it, I chuckled alot from the clip. Yeah, I have to agree that the animation looks alot better than season one. As an animator myself, the way the characters moved in most of season one was very janky and very awkward to watch. Most of times it distracted me from paying attention to the funny dialogue. So the fluent animation in season 2 is a huge plus to me. 

I'm more excited for how they'll incorporated Shadow in the show. They did give a live reading with shadow's voice actor at the party but I guess whoever was in charge of the stream wanted to have that interview instead...

Oh yeah, speaking about the live-reading. Don't worry guys, they weren't doing live readings on the episodes; it was an original skit. @Gambling Idol Luka said so, he was there at the party.

38 minutes ago, Kabalni said:

Oh yeah, speaking about the live-reading. Don't worry guys, they weren't doing live readings on the episodes; it was an original skit. @Gambling Idol Luka said so, he was there at the party.

I see. So glad they skipped that for... nachos...

Anyway, animation looks spectac compared to season 1, writing is pretty much the same.

22 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

I see. So glad they skipped that for... nachos...

Anyway, animation looks spectac compared to season 1, writing is pretty much the same.

When you think Sonic, you think of stuffed nachos.

Boom, aside from the better and shiner animation feels more and less the same like Season 1. Not that I'm complaining, I found most of the episodes of that season enjoyable and I can't wait to see where they go with this.

Love the smoother animation and I might be one of the handful of people who doesn't mind it seems the same as Season 1. Because Season 1 was awesome and there isn't much I'd ask for them to add.

I got a good laugh out of the Tailiscope line and the exchange about if it's an Asteroid or a Meteor. All I ask from this episode is some kind of "I don't want to miss a thing" Parody.

I see a lot of people saying that the sneak peek has much smoother animation than Season 1 but to be honest, it looks just as smooth as the better animated episodes of Season 1 like Closed Door Policy and The Valley of Cubots.

Just now, Kabalni said:

I see a lot of people saying that the sneak peek has much smoother animation than Season 1 but to be honest, it looks just as smooth as the better animated episodes of Season 1 like Closed Door Policy and The Valley of Cubots.

Who knows, maybe this animation will now be the standard instead of just the occasional exception. That'd be a positive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, if Evan and Ian are going to be writing for Boom, that's a huge plus! Maybe they'll be the ones that will write for the multi-parter episodes Bill mentioned at Revolution. Oh boi, I'm so excited! :D

Also Spacemaggedonocpalypse? Holy shit, that's a mouth full. And it's by the same writer who wrote Hedgehog Day from Season 1, so I'm guessing people who liked that episode will probably like this bad boy too!

• Thumbs Up 1

Flynn and Stanley writing scripts? HYPE!

Also why am I getting the feeling that the episode title is a refeence to something?

EDIT:

52 11 minute episodes confirmed!

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, I guess that should be expected so I can atleast hope for better pacing in the episodes since some episodes seem to drag a bit or go way to fast in Season 1; so here's hoping Season 2 fix that. But I can say that I can see the quick delivery of the jokes to be just as on-point as it was in Season 1.

9 hours ago, Fusion Runners said:

Flynn and Stanley writing scripts? HYPE!

Also why am I getting the feeling that the episode title is a refeence to something?

EDIT:

52 11 minute episodes confirmed!

I guess that make sense, this season is supposed to have 2 parters. 

Well I can say I'm genuinely excited for Season 2 (& Knuckles). Season 1 was good and the second looks to be even better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Spoiler

tumblr_o4x0ft9F7n1uwb389o1_540.png

originally posted  on March 31 of 2016

reblogged on August 12

"something i drew like a week ago XD

i had an idea for a thing where Amy invites Zooey, Perci, Sticks, Lady Walrus and Goat girl to a pajama party on her house, while Sonic, Knuckles and Tails take care of Lady Walrus’ children."

tumblr_inline_obt31zHz0Z1tvnwm8_540.png

ayyyy :o

hehe basically i think she was talking about the description enstead of the picture.... but there goes something i guess :D heheh

• Thumbs Up 9