Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I only liked the rock music parts (discount 'Back in Black' in the style Crush 40 and discount 'Born to be Wild') of the underwater episode; I don't think I know how to fix this episode.

Sigh I've been arguing with yet another Sonic Boom hater on YouTube and I'm just getting tired of it. He tried to make an argument saying that Boom is bad because of the cancellation of the Comics and the poor sales of F&I which many people consider to be the best game in the series. I told him that the Comics were cancelled because of financial issues with Archie which was a problem before the Boom comics and not because of poor sales and that F&I sold poorly because of little to no advertising and because people assumed the game would be bad because of RoL. Then he had the audacity to mad at Sega for letting Ian Flynn write episodes in Sonic Boom and not in the games even though Ian Flynn did it of his own volition and not because of Sega themselves; they had nothing to do with that. Ian Flynn is friends with many of the show staff and thanked them for letting him write episodes and I told him that you should respect his decision no matter how much you like/dislike the show. He'd know all of this if he had payed attention to Ian Flynn's Twitter, but nope, he had to go and make assumptions. Then he made the exact same argument again pointing out F&I sales and saying that no one would care if Boom was cancelled and then went on a tangent of how people make fun of the Sonic series or something like that (completely unrelated to the argument so why bring it up?) I said that me and someone else who was actually backing my argument already said why the game sold poorly and if no one cared then why did Season 1 average 1mil views for every ep with the 6 a.m. timeslot and poor advertisement from CN. The show's getting a Japanese dub and is on Netflix in almost every country that has it. That means that people still DO care about the series and will continue to do so. It's okay if you don't like the show, but that doesn't mean you say things that aren't true just to make your argument seem stronger. Like, seriously, getting mad at Sega because they let Ian Flynn write two episodes for Sonic Boom instead of the games? First of all, that's not true, second of all that's incredibly petty.

I just wanted to share this with you guys because it just really urks me when people have this deadset mentality on something and will spout things that are overexaggerated or not even true. I'm happy someone backed me up on this because it's usually the other way around, but it still didn't make it any less infuriating.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can relate, it's pretty ridiculous how deadset people can be about Boom. I mean, it does come from a valid point that it was first introduced, it was pretty disasterous but to say that no one cares. That's where the bullshit starts.

So in the Midnight Hour has me curious. 

The villain of this episode could be a returning game character, or a game character that is making their debut to the spin off. 

Or it could be just a villager bad guy or a completely different character.

1 hour ago, Fusion Flare said:

So in the Midnight Hour has me curious. 

The villain of this episode could be a returning game character, or a game character that is making their debut to the spin off. 

Or it could be just a villager bad guy or a completely different character.

Some people have been speculating that it's Rouge. That'd be pretty interesting to see her role in the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Some people have been speculating that it's Rouge. That'd be pretty interesting to see her role in the show.

Or maybe it's Shadow the Hedgehog. The guy who sounds like a Power Rangers villain trying to do a Batman impression.

Just now, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Or maybe it's Shadow the Hedgehog. The guy who sounds like a Power Rangers villain trying to do a Batman impression.

lol, Roger's already the voice of Batman.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it is Shadow, then the plot synopsis would've said so. I'm placing my bets that it's probably Rouge or a new Boom-exclusive villain.

Oh hey, we got the title from your man, Bill Freiberger.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Soni said:

Oh hey, we got the title from your man, Bill Freiberger.

Dang, Sticks gets arrested? Well it's nice to see the police actually do their job for once.

• Thumbs Up 1

I assume this means Sticks gets a little too overzealous in investigating who the "mysterious figure" is.

Given the fact that this is Sticks we're talking about, this was bound to happen.

What if it turns out that there actually is no mysterious figure, and it's all in Sticks' head due to her paranoia? Might make for an interesting twist, as opposed to the usual 'the crazy person was actually right' trope they always play straight with her.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, NintendoSoul said:

So..how is the Sonic Boom cartoon? Worth a watch if I was curious?

It's totally worth watching if you enjoy seeing Sonic and pals in all sorts of zany, hilarious situations and really enjoy clever comedy and meta-humor. However, it's a bit more sitcom-ish than other Sonic cartoons, and if you're looking for an action-packed, story-based adventure, you should look someplace else, because comedy is Boom's primary focus and it only has a small but noticeable amount of continuity between episodes (though it does have plenty of action sequences if you're into that). But it's your choice.

Also, season two so far has had a significant increase in quality, so if the first 52 episodes don't satisfy you, hopefully those episodes will.

• Thumbs Up 3

And if you want to go back to the first Season, watch episode 14 The Meteor and watch like the latter half of the season since the first half doesn't have episodes that were that great, rarely bad but you get what I mean.

37 minutes ago, NintendoSoul said:

So..how is the Sonic Boom cartoon? Worth a watch if I was curious?

I personally do think that it's worth the watch. It's funny and filled with self referential humor and has really good action scenes in it. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 so far has really been a treat with it's episodes, most I rank higher than a majority of Season 1. Humor is subjective so I know that some of it may not click with you, but I do recommend giving it a chance at least once. All of Season 1's episodes are are on Netflix (except America) and Hulu, so you can watch it there or either on YouTube if you don't have it.

Well, Alan Denton just dropped a factoid about Battle of the Boy Bands about the alternate name for Dreamboat Express. 

Dimple Town, doesn't sound as memorably bland so thank goodness, that wasn't the final name.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

What if it turns out that there actually is no mysterious figure, and it's all in Sticks' head due to her paranoia? Might make for an interesting twist, as opposed to the usual 'the crazy person was actually right' trope they always play straight with her.

By Sonic Boom standards, anything is possible. I wouldn't be opposed to something like this.

So I've seen the Boom toys for next year, (some are pretty cool tbh) and there were three that caught my attention: (and with the belief that the toys foreshadow future episodes/features)

TOMY03.jpg

One was Sonic Tails and Knuckles in space suits, we've already seen Knuckles in space episode and I think there was a tweet that the gang could be going to space again in a future episode...

Then there's Sonic and the Blue Force One toy and i'm reminded of the vehicles in all Stars racing transformed-

TOMY04.jpg

Of course, it's a vehicle for non running areas, but the fact we could be seeing the vehicle do that is kinda cool! 

Third one is Eggman's Updated Eggmobile. Maybe it could show up in a future episode? ( Unless it did show up and I missed it.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, I haven't seen the Eggmobile in that form in the show yet. Curious to see the context for that upgrade, if any?

Those look really interesting. And is that I Sonic Riders reference I see? That board and him wearing goggles just oozes Sonic Riders (even tho we already saw Tails on a board, but that was back in Season one in the first ep). Like Eggman's new mobile design too.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

Those look really interesting. And is that I Sonic Riders reference I see? That board and him wearing goggles just oozes Sonic Riders (even tho we already saw Tails on a board, but that was back in Season one in the first ep). Like Eggman's new mobile design too.

Well, the gang riding hoaverboards could be a reference to Riders... Sonic, Eggman and Alt dimension Knuckles used those. (Although it would be neat to see Knuckles, Amy and Sticks have hoverboards of their own!)

I find it funny that there's no Space Amy or Space Sticks toys. Makes me think of how Bandai doesn't tend to do variants of the female Power Rangers.