Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

On one hand, Roger really got to show off his voicing talent again, which turned out to be fantastic.

On the other hand, now I will never get Roger soothing people to sleep with his voice out of my mind.

I'm not sure whether I should be creeped out or amused.

For the record, I would totally buy one of those relaxation/sleep CDs if Roger made one.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis 2017 said:

Oh yeah, we've got another new episode after Multi Tails, this episode is called "Strike!"

It'll be airing January 14'th 2017. I wonder whether this is gonna be baseball related?

Sauce: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-january-2017-premiere-info.5577112/

Could be Baseball might be Team Sonic or Orbot and Cubot going on Strike.

"In the Midnight Hour"-another good episode! Full of references including that of the Dreamcast console that were fun to catch, some definitely funny moments and Sticks really got to shine in this episode. I was hoping that this "mysterious figure" was going to be one of the game characters making their debut in Boom but Dreamcaster was fine all on his own. I am deeply impressed with Roger Craig Smith's range as that voice for Dreamcaster was definitely "silky" ;)

More observations as there was plenty to see as well as hear in this episode:

wpSVx1k.png?1
Sticks: a "mixed martial artist" ^_^ 

dfnvjXO.jpg?1
Sticks grabbing Sonic's nose to wake him cracked me up! :D

xgTsljw.png?1
The painting that Sticks is holding here is the one Amy made in Episode 15 ("Aim Low")

Iq9dt18.jpg?1
Wasn't expecting Sonic to handcuff Sticks there! :o

X1XLMdc.jpg?1
Dancing the "dance of dreams"...

MBEdJkW.png?1
"What do you do on Saturday mornings?!" Not getting up to catch the newest episode of Sonic Boom anymore like I used to, that's for sure! Now I sleep in :)

8fDN4yM.png?1
Sticks breaking the fourth wall :P. And don't have to tell me to keep watching! That's a given seeing how much I like Sonic Boom! ;)

svULMk7.png?1
Sonic's tin-foil hat looks similar to the paper one he wore in Episode 34 ("Just a Guy") :P

SoJNagn.jpg?1
Sticks handling Dreamcaster all on her own! Kicking some robot butt! ;)

5J8qz4z.jpg?1
Team Sonic needs to learn a thing or two about discretion after Sticks asked if they thought she was nuts :P. Nuts or not, Sticks was the hero!

Again this was a really good episode with humor and video game, music and other references to enjoy, I am always down for seeing Sticks not only shining but saving the day as well as I really like her. Season 2 of Sonic Boom continues to impress! Definitely looking forward to seeing what "Multi-Tails" is about as it is likely about Tails-my favorite character in Boom! :)

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Thanks to Bill, we have the title card, writers, and plot of "Multi-Tails":

Those writers are new aren't they? I haven't heard of them before. The title card doesn't tell us much but the synopsis is very intriguing. The duplicate kinda reminds me of Two Good to be True from season one.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Those writers are new aren't they? I haven't heard of them before. The title card doesn't tell us much but the synopsis is very intriguing. The duplicate kinda reminds me of Two Good to be True from season one.

That is true but the thing is Two Good to Be True involves a Knuckles from an alternate dimension, Multi Tails will involve Tails cloning himself.

You could also say that In the Midnight Hour had a similar premise than Blue With Envy.

As for who these writers are and their work, well one thing you can actually see their previous work unlike Paul Shriver (no offense to the guy).

Marine Lachenaud worked on two French shows, Camping paradis and Foot 2 Rue Extreme. Cedric, according to his LinkedIn, worked on Marcus Level, the Rabbids cartoon apparently, Atomic Soom and co-writer for the film, Tombés du Nid which means Fallen from the Nest.

13 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Could be Baseball might be Team Sonic or Orbot and Cubot going on Strike.

Or maybe it's a bowling episode? I honestly hope it is a bowling episode, since we've already seen Sonic play baseball in Sonic X, it would feel a bit refreshing to see Sonic and pals playing a different sport. A lot of funny situations could happen, like Knuckles accidentally using Sonic as a bowling ball, Tails being too weak to lift a bowling ball, Eggman using Orbot as his bowling ball, having Sticks constantly having a far off aim when bowling, or having Amy be incredibly good at bowling, which makes Sonic a bit jealous and more competitive. 

7 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Thanks to Bill, we have the title card, writers, and plot of "Multi-Tails":

Oh boy, this will probably go downhill fast, lol. Just by the name a lone, I figured it would be a cloning episode with Tails. I can imagine they will throw jabs at the "which one is the real one" cliche later on in the episode. Chances are, the Tails clones will be too accurate to the real Tails, that there will be a case of mistaken identity between them. Tails's reason to clone himself sounds pretty dumb to be honest, he knows he's smart, and he should know that cloning will lead to trouble. I hope this episode has some good laughs to it though, so far, season 2 has done a good job at taking odd plots, and making them very entertaining. 

• Thumbs Up 3

The last episode I saw of Boom was The Biggest Fan episode, which I still can't comprehend considering the context of that episode, but I have read about the episode after it. I gotta say considering the end I really hoped with a name like The Dreamcaster that the villain would be separate from Eggman. :/ 

Can I just say that I'm really impressed with how creative the plots have been? There really hasn't been anything cliche in the episode plots so far. And even ones that have been, the writers reinvent them so they seem fresh. I think only one episode has been an exception to that, and to be fair, that's a very small ratio.

• Thumbs Up 6

yay i got to watch "in the midnight Hour"

and it was so good episode!! i loved the animation with Sticks' pigtails wiggling a lot :D  and the pupils eyes effect with the light in the night! i loved it!!

also Dreamcaster's design sure was so menancing and Eggman's plan being super effective was neat!

and of course i'm so pleased to see again Sticks' determination ^_^

• Thumbs Up 4

Ooooo! An Orbot episode, it's about time ol' Orbot had an episode of his own, Cubot had his during Season 1 so yeah. And it's gonna be interesting to see how Knux deals with getting a house and Mech Suits Me? Will this involve Charlie somehow?

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Three new episodes of Boom are in the pipeline-- "The Evil Dr. Orbot", "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?" (which is probably that "Knuckles attempts to get a house" episode Bill was hinting at), and "Mech Suits Me".

Interesting line up. The Cubot episode from Season 1 was pretty funny, so I can't wait to see what they do with Orbot. The title of the Knuckles episode just reminds me of Unknown for M.E from SA1, "Knock, Knock, it's Knuckles.." The last episode has a pretty vague title name, I'll just assume that it's an Eggman episode (possibly the episode were he gets the new egg-mobile seen in the boom toys?)

7 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Three new episodes of Boom are in the pipeline-- "The Evil Dr. Orbot", "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?" (which is probably that "Knuckles attempts to get a house" episode Bill was hinting at), and "Mech Suits Me".

Evil Dr Orbot could go several ways. Either Orbot tries to be a villain on his own after being fed up of Eggman somewhat (though it's hilarious), or one of Eggman's inventions makes him really evil by accident. 

The Knuck Knuck episode may imply Knuckles getting a house soon? 

As for the last one, I wonder if Charlie and Belinda will be the main villains here. (I kinda hope that happens).

I can't believe Amy hasn't gotten an episode yet, and the following episodes leave no sign of her getting one. Kind of a shame really, each member of Team Sonic has had at least 1 episode to themselves in Season 2, while Sonic has starred in 4 already, Tails co starred with Sonic in 2 episodes, Sticks had two whole episodes to herself, and Knuckles had the last chunk of an episode to himself. Amy is constantly getting held back in this show, and it kind of bothers me. I really like Amy as a character, and it was bad enough that season 1 didn't give her much time to shine, but season 2 still seems to be carrying the neglect. Even Orbot is getting an episode before Amy. This week, we're getting another Tails episode, as if we didn't already have enough of him from season 1, and what's been aired of season 2 already. So far, only 1 episode of season 2 is confirmed for Amy, but it doesn't sound like it will be an episode that gives Amy a chance to shine, since it's about her raising a bee bot of Eggman's. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Sonic Boom, and I look forward to tuning in each Saturday with eager anticipation over hopefully getting some good episodes. I always tune into Sonic Boom with a smile on my face, and hope it can stay that way up to the end, and every episode of season 2 has done that so far, except for the first episode of season 2. However, it would still be nice to see Amy finally get an episode that gives her a bigger role, she seems to get too much neglect in the show, and can't even be in a single episode, without someone else overshadowing her, especially Eggman. It would be nice to finally see Amy not only star a majority of an episode, but to actually give her a rewarding ending. Let's see an episode where it's up to Amy to save everyone, we've seen the rest of the characters get multiple occasions where it's up to them to save the day, but Amy still hasn't gotten an episode like that yet. Sonic, Sticks, and Tails have had plenty of episodes that relied on them to save the day, and Knuckles got quite a few as well, so why not give Amy a turn? Even Orbot, Cubot, and Eggman have been given roles where they save the day in the end. 

I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but Amy is one of my favorite characters alongside Sonic and Tails, and I hate to see everyone but her get a chance to shine in the show, it gets a bit annoying when you realize there have been about 62 episodes out of 104 episodes aired already, and a certain character hasn't had a single episode centered around them in a good light, while the rest of the cast have had plenty of episodes that gave them personal time to shine. The closest we got to Amy saving the day, was in Don't Judge Me, and Fuzzy Puppy Buddies. Don't Judge Me doesn't really give much though, since she was missing throughout most of the episode, and only showed up at the end with an odd reason for being gone. Not only that, but her inclusion was very questionable. Did she really burst into the court room to prove Sonic innocent, or did she randomly burst in to show how her hammer is bigger than Judgebot's Gabble?... Fuzzy Puppy Buddies didn't really have her save the day either, she just fought against Eggman in a strategy game, to reclaim a kid's stolen poodle toy. She won in the end, but no one seemed to care. No one cheered for Amy, not even the kid Amy was sticking up for. I mean come on, this show can be so unfair to Amy. I know she's just a made up character, but still, it would be nice to see her get treated with the same amount of respect as the other characters. 

We got the titlecard for next week's Boomisode, Strike!, and the episode is written by Marie Beardmore.

Based on what I've seen on Marie's IMDB, she wrote one episode for the new Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon, Angry Birds Toons, Miss Milly (she also translated 18 episodes for this show) and Chugginton. She also wrote for Gawayn but it wasn't said how many episodes she wrote for that show.

Bill didn't provide the synopsis for the episode.

Looks like Orbot and Cubot finally got fed up with Eggman's mistreatment (again). I wonder how this will end up?

Multi Tails was the funniest episode of season 2! I was laughing throughout. I felt the episode did a great job at presenting why Tails would stoop to the level of cloning himself. I loved how the clones of Tails caused all five copies to have divided brain power, causing them to act dumb. I loved how the gang had to practically baby sit and chase down all of the Tails clones, and it got even funnier when Sonic and the gang accidentally made it worse, and ended up cloning 10 more Tails copies. The part where Sticks tackled the Tails that kept asking her "why?" was hilarious. There was just something hilarious about seeing a bunch of childish Tails copies running around and acting idiotic. I also loved how when Tails was about to be reverted back into one body, Knuckles shook hands with the last Tails to enter the machine, while saying "I'm gonna miss being smarter than you Tails."  The ending cracked me up as well, when Tails asks "why?" in response to what Eggman said, which lead Sticks to tackle Tails off screen.

I'm not sure if it was just because of some signal reception from my Sling TV app's connection, but I thought the episode's art style looked a little different this time around. I can't say it's better than the previous season 2 episodes, but it did look better than most of the awkward looking and stiffly animated ones from season 1. Did anyone else think there was something a bit different in this episode? Maybe they had to tone the visuals down a little to get the episode done easier, due to all the Tails clones running around, but still, the episode didn't look bad, I think it was mainly the lighting and shading that was different. 

I'm just astounded by how impressive season 2 has been! These episodes have had consistent quality, ideas, and humor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

NAKED EGGMAN! IT BURNS! IT BURNS! ...Ahem.

"Multi-Tails" was an enjoyable episode, though I wasn't quite feeling this one as much. I wasn't expecting the machine to split up Tails' brainpower across the clones, making each dumber than the original-- that came out of left field. I did get a few laughs out of it, especially seeing the equally-dumb (or less dumb) Knuckles put his lack of intelligence to use for a change.

In other Boom-related stuff, Bill has confirmed multi-part episodes will air later this season:

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get the mental image of Eggman showering out of my head.

And yes, that's in the episode too. Beware...

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed Sticks was wielding nun chucks during the opening battle. I like how season 2 gave Sticks an arsenal of old fashioned weapons. It's neat to see how one episode, she'll have her trusty boomerang, only to suddenly have a crossbow in one, a slingshot in another, and nun chucks the next. It's only a matter of time before we see Sticks pull out a sword, or a cannon, lol.  

SnapShot519_3_zpsi9c1ctyn.png