Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Can anyone give us a detailed description as to what happened because here in the UK we are totally cut off from anything sonic related ?? and I can't wait until tomorrow *GMT*** to watch a poopy YouTube version

Did anyone notice the picture Amy was trying to hang on her wall earlier in today's episode? It showed her kneeling down, and wrapping an arm around the shoulder of one of the little penguins from her Operation Toasty Beak fundraiser, it's pretty cute. 

SnapShot592_2_zpspch3fo9u.png

• Thumbs Up 4

The new episode was pretty alright. Not the best as I hoped but it's alot better than the past couple of episodes. The trophy scene did made me bust out in laughter, I admit. 

Don't know if it's me but I could've sworn there was a Jimmy Neutron episode with a similar plot to this week's episode. The name of it has left me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe this new episode actually had a dick joke in it. When Tails brought Eggman a hand towel, and asked "Is this a towel?" Eggman responds "What am I supposed to cover with that, are you making fun of me?!" I cracked up during that. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just saw the episode myself, holy crap that was hilarious!

The action sequence at the beginning was really good! We got to see the Scorpion Bots for the first time (that's what they're called right?) and we get another instance of Boom Eggman being a cunning and threatening opponent. Nice of Sonic to defend Tails when the villagers are booing at him, bros for life! Seeing all the multiples Tails sharing the fraction of his brainpower is just amusing to me and brought some solid jokes, especially with one of Tails' constantly asking why to Sticks and she loses it and tackles him or seeing Knuckles have fun with them, literally amazing! And then Eggman has to fix the problem himself, that was a really fun episode!

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I can't believe this new episode actually had a dick joke in it. When Tails brought Eggman a hand towel, and asked "Is this a towel?" Eggman responds "What am I supposed to cover with that, are you making fun of me?!" I cracked up during that. 

LOL Wow, nice!

Not the first time a Sonic cartoon had adult jokes, I mean in AoStH, Scratch did use a literal blowup doll.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Wow, I didn't realize that at first! The episode just got that much funnier.

I was questioning if that was actually the punchline of that joke. Now that I know it was...WOW THIS SHOW.

Knuckles was actually hysterical in this. It was beautiful. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got done watching the episode, and it was pretty good. I didn't like it as much as the previous episode of this season, but it definitely wasn't bad. This episode had a lot of good jokes in it, Sticks getting tired of Tails saying why, Knuckles using his stupidity for his advantages, the adult joke with Eggman (don't think I didn't catch that writers), and more. I liked that Sonic stuck up to Tails when the villagers were angry at him (I'll always love their relationship). We also got to see some new robots, which was cool. Sticks is getting a lot of weapons this Season which is cool, gives her a lot of tools in her arsenal. Overall, this was a pretty solid episode.

Oh yeah, Sticks used nunchucks in the fight; didn't she?

Looks like Sticks upgraded her arsenal since Season 1, huh?

Another note I forgot to mention, it looks like the lighting is different in this episode when you look back from the previous episodes.

Here are some additional observations I came across while watching Multi Tails.

SnapShot561_3_zpswz6batub.png
Tails's silhouette looks an awful lot like Classic Tails, both shape and stature wise.

SnapShot595_2_zpsxwwkf7sk.png
Tails smashes a hole in Amy's wall, while holding a hatchet backwards.

http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2/Multi Tails?sort=3&page=1 Here is a link to screenshots from today's new episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've yet to see the episode, but I just found out that the Sonic Tumblr posted preview pics again-

tumblr_ojfqijl8DS1u5cb23o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojfqijl8DS1u5cb23o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ojfqegFBf71t6dyj5_500.jpg

I wonder how they'll find out who's the real tails.

They could be a little more consistent in that regard. I mean, the last time they did that was with Ian's episode, and that was weeks ago!

Also, they should promote it on Twitter too, just to be safe. Loads of publicity there.

7 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

They could be a little more consistent in that regard. I mean, the last time they did that was with Ian's episode, and that was weeks ago!

Also, they should promote it on Twitter too, just to be safe. Loads of publicity there.

It's just nice to know that they even care to advertise the show, still, a little bit more effort would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Fusion Ellipsis 2017 said:

I wonder how they'll find out who's the real tails.

Surprisingly, there is none. Tails ends up splitting himself into 5 copies, and each share only a fraction of Tails's mind, which ends up creating 5 dumb and childish carnations of Tails running around. I liked how it turned out, because we've all seen the overused cliche of clone dopple gangers, and the characters having trouble identifying with who is really who. I did not expect the episode's plot to take such an unexpected turn, and it turned out for the better, because this episode was a lot of fun to watch.

Seriously, how do you screw up advertising this badly!

As much as I love Aaron and Sergio's antics on the social media, unless SEGA told them to fuck up advertising for Boom as much as possible; this is inexcusable. The fact they promoted the the Mega Drive comics more than the Boom cartoon (even though more people tune in to the show than people who buys a Sonic comic), it's mind-boggling!

I'm pretty sure there's a reason for the Twitter to not promote the show. No idea what it could be, but there must definetly must be a reason.

I loved the interactions between Knuckles and the dumber Tails clones.

Theres indeed something weird with the lighting, as some people have pointed out. it almost looks like some of those "behind the scenes" videos, where they show the models straight from their editor, with very basic lighting. I remember some episodes in season 1 also had the some weird lighting.

Wow, glad I ain't the only person to noticed the incredibly strange lightning. I thought it was the low definition of my television at first. But yeah, it looks ugly. I remember noticing episode 4 of season 1of having this weird effect too.

Seen the episode, eeyup, that was crazy alright!

Seeing childish and innocent Tails clones was hilarious. Other cute moments were:

latest?cb=20170108074920

Sonic lifting up one of the Tails clones, and when another clone asks Eggman to be friends with him was also cute. 

latest?cb=20170108074941

Knuckles playing duck duck goose to pass the time was also cute, I liked how he handled the situation when it got worse. He managed to get the clones in a single line without even chasing them around! Sticks tackling Tails (while the latter says why) was hilarious. Amy trying to get the clones in the machine with a ball gave me a chuckle. Eggman was cunning in this episode, using the Egg tank with a drill to pass the shield and attack the village, and then eventually helping Team Sonic putting Tails back together. He was also sassy, telling Tails that he needed his help since his friends made the situation worse (lol).

latest?cb=20170108071416

We also get to see a new robot, Scorpion Bot, that fires fireballs from it's stinger tail, and they look big compared to a Crab Bot I think. Also when Tails is about to get duplicated, the image here kinda looks like Classic Tails-

latest?cb=20170108074905

Not sure whether that was an intentional reference or not...

But yeah, the lighting here in this episode looked weird in some places. Makes me wonder how it'll look once it reruns on CN. But overall, this was a cute and funny episode, and pretty chaotic. I wonder what Strike! will be about....

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone else notice the possible Fantasia reference in this episode? They had bassoon music  playing when the clones would march in a straight line, similar to the brooms, and at the end, the last few music notes from when Sticks tackles Tails sounded similar to the last few notes in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

14 hours ago, SpongicX said:

That definitely was high on my list of things I never expected to hear in a Sonic cartoon. 

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thought the lighting was off. IMO, the animation was unfinished.If you've ever watched behind the scenes videos of CG animated features or deleted scenes, you'll notice that sometimes they show scenes without lighting where the characters look all bright and today's episode reminded me of this. It's very opbvious when you compare to "In the midnight hour" from last week where it took place mostly at night, but had proper lighting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, my remarks about the creativity of the writers got a nice example to point to this past week. The whole "cloning" plot has been so done to death that I was rather curious about how they would make this unique, and boy did they.

The cloning element didn't come in until halfway into the show, and even then, they focused less on the clones and more so on Tails' IQ being split among them. The humor helped keep things interesting, and I loved how the dumber Tails' were interacting with the others. They didn't make the plot a generic "so-and-so was cloned" and there wasn't any discussion about who was the original. They managed to bring new life into an old plot device, and I don't think that should be ignored.

• Thumbs Up 8

I was already looking forward to "Multi-Tails" as Tails is my favorite character in Sonic Boom and this episode did not disappoint at all! I actually thought these clones of Tails were going to be smart as him and that would naturally cause some conflict and competition with the real Tails-but the opposite happening where all the Tails were dumb was better as well as unexpected! If I wasn't going "awww!" at moments during the episode I was cracking up as I thought this episode was hilarious! I noticed the lighting issues but it didn't bother me as I really enjoyed this episode as it was much better than I expected to be :) 

Going to proceed with some "multi" observations with this Sonic Boom episode:

P3dnVGx.jpg?1
Knuckles, Sonic, Sticks and Amy applauding Tails for naming his new invention the "Domepocalypse". Why that is better than "Village Fortifying Electromangetic Protective Hemisphere" is beyond me! :P

dcsNAif.jpg?1
After Tails' invention failing to be "foolproof" and the townspeople go from cheering Tails to jeering him, I love how Sonic steps in to defend his little bro who looks so sad here :(

jHF9ogT.png?1
FIVE Tailses! So much cuteness! :D

mUzPbpE.jpg?1
And I thought having TWO Tails (courtesy of Debug Mode in the Classic Sonic games) was cuteness overload! :P

8kapXhs.jpg?1
Considering these guys always have crazy competitions among them, I wonder what was the objective with Knuckles and one of the Tails clones stuffing their face! :P

EcFqkBK.jpg?1
I loved this part here where Sonic was taking care of his little bro as Sonic thought Tails wasn't feeling well-one of them anyway ;)

RHNjNcX.jpg?1
"Oh! Hey Tails!  Hey Tails! Hey Tails!" All of these Tails clones aren't phasing Knuckles at all!

DrIOlJL.png?1
With 5 of the Tailses trashing Dr. Eggman's place one of them is drawing a picture of Sonic's Blue Force One on the wall! :P Noted in this scene were Orbot and Cubot, who didn't speak in this episode.

awXzjDM.png?1
Amy, Sticks and Sonic keeping an eye on the Tailses while in the over-crowded Eggmobile-especially that one that is upside down! :D

EUaPRCP.png?1
Knuckles got TEN of the Tails to sit down and stop running amok-with a game of "Duck, duck goose!" Smart! And cute! ^_^

Again I thought "Multi-Tails" was a great episode. It was definitely interesting-and funny!-to see Tails in a different light basically pulling a 15-I mean a 180-in regards to him being an genius and inventor to being dumb, silly and obnoxious-yet still adorable :P. Season 1 of Sonic Boom wasn't hard to pick my favorites but Season 2 is making it very difficult 9 episodes in! If I had to make a call right now I would have to say that "Multi-Tails" is my favorite from Season 2 so far. The humor, Sonic defending his best friend, the rest of Team Sonic working together to take care of all of the Tails clones (especially Sonic :)), Knuckles having some bright moments and all of those adorable Tailses and their shenanigans-you can't go wrong with a combination like that! ^_^ Great stuff all around and I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to seeing what "Strike" is all about next episode! :)

• Thumbs Up 8