Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

More rumors, hooray... Oh well, this one does seem to be more legit than the other guy, but that just may be me being biased as I obviously want a Season 3. All we really have to do now is wait for official confirmation.

It helps that this rumor is more solid since it's from a person who actually worked on a show and not some random dude who has "connections" to people who told him so and so 

Spoiler

even though if you look deeper, that random dude doesn't really like boom at all so yeah. :P

I also wanted to ask, if there is a Sonic Boom Season 3 (which I hope there is), will there be another game tie-in. We got RoL and SC for Season 1 and F&I for Season 2. Maybe for Season 3 we'll a game similar to SC and F&I or another shot at 3D game (but this time made by competent developers). I just wanted to speculate a little.

1 hour ago, Soni said:

It helps that this rumor is more solid since it's from a person who actually worked on a show and not some random dude who has "connections" to people who told him so and so 

Reveal hidden contents

even though if you look deeper, that random dude doesn't really like boom at all so yeah. :P

Yeah, I did say that it has a lot more credibility than random dude. I just don't want to have my hopes up for Season 3 and then it never happens. That's happened to me too many times in the past.

That makes me wonder whether the rumor that Sega was planning to end Boom was meant games wise. I mean, the games did not recieve well, (F and I got mixed reviews though), let alone sell well, (not sure about F and I tho). Maybe they may not make another Boom game cause of these (?), but Sega may be acknowleging the TV series, (It's coming to Japan and Europe getting a Season 2, show's in other areas also.) All they prolly need to do now is promote the thing.

Dunno, just thinking. Could be totally wrong tho.

I see numbers like 70K copies sold for F&I (all from the people who want Boom to fail and die, go figure) but I'm not sure how valid that it is.

2 minutes ago, Soni said:

I see numbers like 70K copies sold for F&I (all from the people who want Boom to fail and die, go figure) but I'm not sure how valid that it is.

If it's from VG charts then it's prolly an inaccurate figure....

3 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

All we really have to do now is wait for official confirmation.

Good luck with that. Everyone else ended up confirming season 2 of Boom before SEGA did, so by the time official confirmation arrives, we may have had it confirmed a bunch of times before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Either way, whether there is a season three or not doesn't change that there totally should be a season 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shaddy the guy said:

Either way, whether there is a season three or not doesn't change that there totally should be a season 3.

Agreed. I want to see more out of this show past two seasons-- it really deserves it. Plus, if it shows improvement anywhere near the level season 2 does so far, we'll be in for a real treat.

We've only seen visual and editing improvements in season 2 (that is, scripts being edited to work within the runtime). The idea of multiple-part episodes, actually telling real stories is what I'm so excited for here. I don't expect this to spiral on to the level of something like Steven Universe or Adventure Time in terms of scale, but the idea of a narrative and some actual theming excites me greatly. If a season 3 is to happen, I can see them taking that a step further, since it's what most people were asking for from the start and I don't see any reason to stop halfway.

I really hope they don't waste it.

12 minutes ago, Hyobu Kyosuke said:

So is Sonic Boom airing on CN for anyone else here? I keep checking my recordings, and I am seeing absolutely nothing related to Sonic Boom airing at the usual 5A.M. Saturday time. I can find the episodes on YouTube easily, but I still wanna see a higher-quality episode. Even if it's without the music I play in the background. :/

Nope, not for me. Something else concerning is that Boom has been given the Boomerang branding on DirecTV, and that On Demand episodes have been moved to the Boomerang channel.

I don't think it's coming back to CN. Yet another boneheaded move that shafts hundreds of thousands of viewers out of watching. But we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Amusing episode.

Eggman pissing off every single robot was hilarious. lol

Any sign of the metallic copy?

1 minute ago, Soni said:

Any sign of the metallic copy?

I'm afraid not. Was thinking of Metal, but such a role (while amusing) probably wouldn't fit him. They're probably saving him for later on.

Well poopy, I crave for the day Metal gets to appear. Shadow is cool and all but his debut was in a good episode, Metal appeared in a pretty weak episode so I need MOAR METAL! Atleast to see how beautiful he looks once again!

• Thumbs Up 1

That said, I enjoyed "Strike!", but again, it felt a bit lacking in laughs. I still enjoyed how escalated the strike got, with even the biggest of Eggman's bots joining in (the idea of seeing them try to clean up the mess is amusing alone).

It was pretty cool to see Sonic actually using Blue Force One in this episode, too, however briefly. Can't wait to see it really get put through the paces.

• Thumbs Up 3

Strike was kind of a  funny episode. But I thought the ending was pretty dull. I loved how one by one, Each of Eggman's minions joined Orbot and Cubot on Strike. This was also unexpectedly an Amy episode, since many scenes involved her trying to help Orbot and Cubot. I really liked Amy's portrayal in this episode, yet I felt bad for her at the end. All she did was try to help Orbot and Cubot, yet Orbot and Cubot ignored her terms to have Eggman treat them with respect, and she was left stranded on Eggman's island, being forced to paddle home on a small raft.

This episode had no sign of Knuckles or Sticks, it mostly featured Orbot, Cubot, and Eggman, while Sonic and Amy pop up from time to time, and Tails was only at the beginning. I did get a laugh out of Eggman hiring Mike the Ox, and Fastidious Beaver as his new minions, and how incapable they were. We finally got to see Sonic riding his  new hover bike in this episode as well.

Overall, this was probably my second least favorite episode of season 2, but it wasn't a bad episode. It just didn't have enough laughs, especially compared to last week's episode. I hope The Evil Dr. Orbot will be a lot better than this episode though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_ojqyjg9vTL1u5cb23o1_500.png
tumblr_ojqyjg9vTL1u5cb23o2_500.png

When Eggman’s badniks get mistreated, they go to the picket line. Catch it today on Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!

Oh hey, the Sonic Tumblr promoted Strike!

But this seems stupid, like why promote the show only on Tumblr? Seriously, the stupidity of Boom's marketing never ends!

3 hours ago, Soni said:
tumblr_ojqyjg9vTL1u5cb23o1_500.png
tumblr_ojqyjg9vTL1u5cb23o2_500.png

When Eggman’s badniks get mistreated, they go to the picket line. Catch it today on Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang!

Oh hey, the Sonic Tumblr promoted Strike!

But this seems stupid, like why promote the show only on Tumblr? Seriously, the stupidity of Boom's marketing never ends!

I really don't see how hard it is for them to promote the show. I mean Tumblr is great and all, but what about Twitter. That's a much bigger platform to promote the show on, but they still just don't do it. It's really infuriating to see a show you love be treated this way.

18 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

We've only seen visual and editing improvements in season 2 (that is, scripts being edited to work within the runtime). The idea of multiple-part episodes, actually telling real stories is what I'm so excited for here. I don't expect this to spiral on to the level of something like Steven Universe or Adventure Time in terms of scale, but the idea of a narrative and some actual theming excites me greatly. If a season 3 is to happen, I can see them taking that a step further, since it's what most people were asking for from the start and I don't see any reason to stop halfway.

I really hope they don't waste it.

Exactly. Season 2 really did improve over Season 1. The overall presentation is smoother and a lot better. The references to other Media, whether it be the games themselves, movies, and books. It just goes to show that the writers really do care about this show. Having multi-part episodes with a continuing plot is really awesome too, having that maybe be expanded upon in a Season 3 would be great. My main problem with Season one was that there really wasn't any continuity. With Season 2 you do get references to past events and other characters. Like, how in "I Can Sea Sonic'c Fear from Here" references Tommy Thunder. It might not be much,but I can really appreciate that. We're also supposed to be getting characters from the main games and it'll suck if we only see them in this one Season and they'll never be used in the show again. That'll be a huge missed opportunity to me because you can use the games' characters in so many comedic ways.

3 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Exactly. Season 2 really did improve over Season 1. The overall presentation is smoother and a lot better. The references to other Media, whether it be the games themselves, movies, and books. It just goes to show that the writers really do care about this show. Having multi-part episodes with a continuing plot is really awesome too, having that maybe be expanded upon in a Season 3 would be great. My main problem with Season one was that there really wasn't any continuity. With Season 2 you do get references to past events and other characters. Like, how in "I can Sea Sonic'c Fear from Hear" references Tommy Thunder. It might not be much,but I can really appreciate that. We're also supposed to be getting characters from the main games and it'll suck if we only see them in this one Season and they'll never be used in the show again. That'll be a huge missed opportunity to me because you can use the games' characters in so many comedic ways.

Season 1 had a fair bit of continuity to be fair, the Lightning Bolts remembered when Eggman retired when Sonic did in Just a Guy, Sonic remembering Cowbot in Eggman Unplugged and a few others.

3 minutes ago, Soni said:

Season 1 had a fair bit of continuity to be fair, the Lightning Bolts remembered when Eggman retired when Sonic did in Just a Guy, Sonic remembering Cowbot in Eggman Unplugged and a few others.

Oh, I totally forgot about those. I guess since they were few and far between that I forgot about them. They seem to be more prevalent in Season 2.