Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

17 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I think the part where the mayor shredded team Sonic's petitions could have been funny if it was made to look like an accident. Imagine if the scene went where the mayor is bummed out, because he's out of confetti, suddenly team Sonic burst in and say "here you go mayor!" Then the mayor thanks them and puts it in the shredder. Sonic and pals could have freaked out, and pointed out how the mayor put their petitions to save the rec center in the paper shredder. The Mayor could have looked surprised, and said "oh... whoops... Well, we still have 9 minutes to figure something out." I personally think that would have made the scene a little funnier, and less mean spirited. I hated how smug the mayor was in this episode, it really annoyed me. 

You make some very good writing ideas. The scene you have in mind sounds less meanspirited than the actual one and it plays with Fink's more ditzy nature. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I'm a couple of months late at posting what I think about the season 2 finale, but here's what I think of it. It is the best Sonic Boom episode yet, with my second favorite being Robots from the Sky. The action was the best here than anywhere else in the show, Shadow this time around is a lot better and actually kind of got some laughs out of his comments like fox hunting and relating Sonic speed to that of a panther. Now the part where Eggman showing Shadow his poorly clipped recording of Sonic was funny but yet had me thinking that Shadow isn't that dumb. Actually Shadow should've never fell for that to begin with. Now one of the better and funnier parts is when Orbot and Cubot try to stall Shadow. Sonic and Shadow vs. Metal Sonic was also a big highlight of the episode. Now the end of the world segment toward the end, should've not even been included in the title for the amount of time it's relevant but was an impressive segment along with Lord Eggman's return with that surprise light-saber sword.

Now I was going to wait until season 3 was announced to post my review on it, but since that ain't happening anytime soon I went ahead and done it. You would think they would have season 3 scheduled for this fall with the Sonic movie coming next year to kind of advertise it. I do have a theory though, maybe they are finally working out Shadow's back-story and maybe bring Silver into Boom and maybe have Blaze as a new Team Sonic member with her own back-story, this could be the reason we haven't got a season 3 announcment yet. Now I could imagine a part in a Sonic Boom episode where Blaze loses her temper and scorches everything around her.

Another reason Season 3 is delayed is they would have to find another executive producer since Bill Freiberger left the show after the second season. Season 3 I think could be a little more like the Modern Sonic tone, the show can still be funny but a little more serious at the same time, also more multi-part episodes with a season long over-arcing plot, along with 22-minute episodes. However doing 22-minute episodes would decrease the number of episodes per season from 52 down to 26 possibly.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Our very own @SpongicX talks about The Robot 4-parter with some other reviewers. Nice job man.

Thanks, I would have shared the link myself, but I wasn't sure if the board would allow it, but thanks for sharing. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Also forgot to mention that the 2-part season finale had missed opportunities for Shadow's chaos blast and chaos spear from Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric, because it doesn't make sense for  Shadow to have those abilities and then Not have them later in the same spin-off.

http://www.tssznews.com/2018/01/17/evan-stanleys-resume-mentions-working-freelance-for-idw-sonic/

On another note about Sonic Boom Season 3, if the new season does happen then we will probably have a new crew of writers and executive producers. The writers for Sonic Boom all seem to be working on IDW Sonic now, like in the link above for example. Then we got Bill Freiberger left after season 2 finished. So therefore they would need a new crew to maybe add a new tone and characters to the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Also forgot to mention that the 2-part season finale had missed opportunities for Shadow's chaos blast and chaos spear from Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric, because it doesn't make sense for  Shadow to have those abilities and then Not have them later in the same spin-off.

http://www.tssznews.com/2018/01/17/evan-stanleys-resume-mentions-working-freelance-for-idw-sonic/

On another note about Sonic Boom Season 3, if the new season does happen then we will probably have a new crew of writers and executive producers. The writers for Sonic Boom all seem to be working on IDW Sonic now, like in the link above for example. Then we got Bill Freiberger left after season 2 finished. So therefore they would need a new crew to maybe add a new tone and characters to the show.

To be fair, RoL seems to be non-canon for the show; plus, the show has its own habits of being inconsistent towards itself. 

RoL and Shattered Crystal are incompatible (even I'm not crazy enough to convince myself otherwise) and I'm pretty sure 3DS game is closer to the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Sonic live stream is going on, I wonder if it'll cover Sonic Boom's continuation or cancellation.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

They've pretty much replace the Boom section with Jasmine trying to teach Spanish.

What does teaching Spanish have to do with a Sonic podcast? Is that really the best they could come up with? When people watch a podcast about Sonic, they want to hear about stuff that is Sonic related, not learn another language! What is this, Dora the Explorer?! 

• Promotion 1

27 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What do you guys think Mr. enter would think of the show?

He described it as a good video game cartoon in one review last year.

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Really now? Which review was that?

It was a review of a bad video game cartoon, though I don't immediately recall which one.

EDIT:I just remembered, it was the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, which he ultimately decided was more along the lines of So Bad, It's Good. As someone who revisited that show his junior year of high school upon being reminded of it, I definitely agree with that general assessment. :grin:

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

So, would you guys rather they make an entirely new Sonic show or renew Boom for a third season?

Both, but I think it'd be better if they continued Boom uno mas since it's already been established and trademarked.

• Make some changes to the usual formula(s)
  • Travel to new places on occasion
  • Introduce some new characters
  • Give less recurring ones some limelight
  • Showcase with some underused or underutilized combinations
  • Experiment with premises that haven't been done much yet
  • Address some flaws with the show itself
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

Address some flaws with the show itself

And maybe fix the flaws rather than repeat them and constant joke about them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Also, maybe have the episodes be 22-minutes instead.

Depends on how the production ordering(in currency, not organization) is handled, really. Not to mention not all stories actually need 22 minutes.

They might have to sacrifice some episodes to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So, would you guys rather they make an entirely new Sonic show or renew Boom for a third season?

I’d rather get a new show, that isn’t afraid to have some development. I wouldn’t mind having Sticks stay around. I would like a show that feels like a mix of Sonic Boom, and the modern setting and designs from the video games.

I want to see Sonic and pals going around the world occasionally, instead of being stuck on an island setting for most of the show. I want to see stories that aren’t always played for laughs. I like variety in shows, I like having episodes that are meant to make you laugh, while having some that are meant to be serious. I think it’s important for shows to know when to stop goofing around occasionally.

I wouldn’t mind if some of the same workers and animators from Sonic Boom returned, but I want to see a little more than just another comedy show.

As for the characters, I’d love to see Sonic, Tails, and Amy keep their Boom personas, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them having their modern game designs. Knuckles needs to go back to how he was in Sonic Adventure. If they really want a dumb character, then they should make a new character, and leave Knuckles alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I’d rather get a new show, that isn’t afraid to have some development. I wouldn’t mind having Sticks stay around. I would like a show that feels like a mix of Sonic Boom, and the modern setting and designs from the video games.

I want to see Sonic and pals going around the world occasionally, instead of being stuck on an island setting for most of the show. I want to see stories that aren’t always played for laughs. I like variety in shows, I like having episodes that are meant to make you laugh, while having some that are meant to be serious. I think it’s important for shows to know when to stop goofing around occasionally.

I wouldn’t mind if some of the same workers and animators from Sonic Boom returned, but I want to see a little more than just another comedy show.

As for the characters, I’d love to see Sonic, Tails, and Amy keep their Boom personas, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them having their modern game designs. Knuckles needs to go back to how he was in Sonic Adventure. If they really want a dumb character, then they should make a new character, and leave Knuckles alone.

This sounds like a nice compromise.

New show. Boom doesn't have any stories I 'need' to see, I'm ready for change. I rather see this sub-franchise end.

Preferably keep Sticks around. Doesn't have to be 'main' cast, just around

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Start a fresh one, keeping OuiDo around like how DiC was back in the day, for some easy recycling of items. But base it on the main series this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

really want Boom to come back, but I wouldn't mind a new show.

• Thumbs Up 2