Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I'd say no for a different reason; he's become way too corrupted by his hatred towards life through the crystal exposure by the time of RoL, I don't think he'd ever be able to get back to a point where he didn't hate all living things. 

14 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I'd say no for a different reason; he's become way too corrupted by his hatred towards life through the crystal exposure by the time of RoL, I don't think he'd ever be able to get back to a point where he didn't hate all living things. 

You have a point there; though, let's say there was a way go help cure the Crystal madness. Would it then be possible to redeem Lyric?

52 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

You have a point there; though, let's say there was a way go help cure the Crystal madness. Would it then be possible to redeem Lyric?

I'm pretty sure the Crystals didn't warp his mind, just severely degrade his health to the point of needing a life support suit. He was filled with anger because the Ancients didn't warn him about the potential dangers of studying the Crystals when they assigned him to do so. The juxtaposition of this caused him to believe that only machines were truly dependable, which led him to conclude that organic life should be wiped out.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

There should have been more episodes about Amy why is there only 6 /104 episodes that focus on her.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

There should have been more episodes about Amy why is there only 6 /104 episodes that focus on her.

It also bugs me how everyone but her contributed to defeating Metal Sonic during the finale. The finale had the chance of giving the characters one last heroic act, yet all Amy got was getting knocked out by Metal Sonic, while Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles grab onto Metal Sonic, as Sticks finished him off.

It really bugged me how useless they made Amy look in that finale. It was also a real tease, because they made it look like she was about to get up to help fight back, but then Sticks swooped in and killed Metal Sonic.

I thought it would have been cooler to see Metal Sonic fire at Amy, only for Amy to get up, dodge the laser, and use her enerbeam to grab onto Metal Sonic’s other leg. With Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy restraining Metal Sonic by his limbs, that would have been the perfect time for Sticks to fly in and kill Metal Sonic.

It’s sad enough Amy didn’t get a lot of shining moments out of a 104 episode run, and it’s even sadder that the last episode made her look useless to the team. Even the first season finale gave her a hard time, she was the first and only member to get knocked out during the final battle.

Sure, Tails got knocked out first during part 1 of the season 2 finale, but he did play an important role in part 2, by repairing Metal Sonic to locate the 2 Eggmans, before the world was destroyed .

I wish this finale could have given Amy one last accomplishment as well... She could have fought back against Lord Eggman, when he attacked Sonic. Imagine how cool it would have been to see Amy using her hammer against Lord Eggman’s lightsaber like weapon. I actually enjoyed the finale, but the way Amy was treated did bug me a lot. If this truely is how the series will end, then I’d say it is a lackluster series finale. Not a bad episode, but a weak finale.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It also bugs me how everyone but her contributed to defeating Metal Sonic during the finale. The finale had the chance of giving the characters one last heroic act, yet all Amy got was getting knocked out by Metal Sonic, while Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles grab onto Metal Sonic, as Sticks finished him off.

It really bugged me how useless they made Amy look in that finale. It was also a real tease, because they made it look like she was about to get up to help fight back, but then Sticks swooped in and killed Metal Sonic.

I thought it would have been cooler to see Metal Sonic fire at Amy, only for Amy to get up, dodge the laser, and use her enerbeam to grab onto Metal Sonic’s other leg. With Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy restraining Metal Sonic by his limbs, that would have been the perfect time for Sticks to fly in and kill Metal Sonic.

Admittedly, it would make a little more sense if Amy was the one to finish him there, given their game history and the fact that I think I recall her being the one to come up with the idea.

Honestly, I was surprised they didn't have her pound the pole into Metal Sonic werewolf-style.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Admittedly, it would make a little more sense if Amy was the one to finish him there, given their game history and the fact that I think I recall her being the one to come up with the idea.

That could have been a cool callback to Sonic CD.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/9/2018 at 11:25 AM, DabigRG said:

Honestly, I was surprised they didn't have her pound the pole into Metal Sonic werewolf-style.

I thought since Sticks didn’t have an enerbeam, it would have made sense for Amy to help the guys restrain Metal Sonic, followed by Sticks finishing him off. That way, the whole team could have contributed to defeating Metal Sonic, instead of making Amy look useless. If Amy finished Metal Sonic off, then it would have left Sticks out of the action.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I thought since Sticks didn’t have an enerbeam, it would have made sense for Amy to help the guys restrain Metal Sonic, followed by Sticks finishing him off. That way, the whole team could have contributed to defeating Metal Sonic, instead of making Amy look useless. If Amy finished Metal Sonic off, then it would have left Sticks out of the action.

My point was that I thought they would essentially take out Metal together--Sticks would spear him with her ...stick, and Amy would hit it afterwards, causing Metal to shutdown due to have his engine and power source throroughly damaged.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was invited by Sonic Guru Productions to talk about more episodes of Sonic Boom season 2. We talked about the episodes Flea-ing From Trouble, The Lightning Bowlers Society,  Planes, Trains, and Dude Mobiles, Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation, Inn-Sanity, and Mr Eggman. The audio starts off a bit out of sync, but it gets better as the video goes on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I was invited by Sonic Guru Productions to talk about more episodes of Sonic Boom season 2. We talked about the episodes Flea-ing From Trouble, The Lightning Bowlers Society,  Planes, Trains, and Dude Mobiles, Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation, Inn-Sanity, and Mr Eggman. The audio starts off a bit out of sync, but it gets better as the video goes on. 

Dadgummit, I just meant to listen for a bit to figure out which one was you and ended listening to it for a while. And still am.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Dadgummit, I just meant to listen for a bit to figure out which one was you and ended listening to it for a while. And still am.

Sorry if it was too long. I was the guy at the bottom right. I guess you could say I was the loud one who talked too much. 

28 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Why did the writers feel the need to give Amy mostly bad endings specifically for her .

I agree, there’s Chez Amy, Bro Down Showdown, Cabin Fever, and Strike. The endings for the last 3 I mentioned were just plain cruel, unjustified, and unfunny. 

Tails may have had some bad endings, but he had more good episodes than anything. Tails arguably had more episodes than Sonic even. He had so many good moments, that they outshined the bad endings. Poor Amy barely got any episodes to herself, and she got many endings that treated her poorly. 

If they make a season 3, I hope they treat Amy a lot better. I’m not saying every episode needs to be about her, but give the poor girl some shining moments. Quit always treating her like a neglected mother, and start treating her like a valued member of the team.

8 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I agree, there’s Chez Amy, Bro Down Showdown, Cabin Fever, and Strike. The endings for the last 3 I mentioned were just plain cruel, unjustified, and unfunny. 

Tails may have had some bad endings, but he had more good episodes than anything. Tails arguably had more episodes than Sonic even. He had so many good moments, that they outshined the bad endings. Poor Amy barely got any episodes to herself, and she got many endings that treated her poorly. 

If they make a season 3, I hope they treat Amy a lot better. I’m not saying every episode needs to be about her, but give the poor girl some shining moments. Quit always treating her like a neglected mother, and start treating her like a valued member of the team.

If Boom doesn't come back that would make me somewhat happier after the way they treated Amy and so that it doesn't add more to the Amy loving Sonic less is a good idea thing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm predicting the confirmation of a season 3 if Jasmin is there. I'm not sure if I want to see it or not. I enjoyed Sonic Boom for what it was, but I also would prefer a more serious Sonic show, and I'm honestly hoping future Sonic Boom games and products aren't happening since I'd like to see the main branch of the franchise receive full focus. This will be an interesting SXSW. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

I'm predicting the confirmation of a season 3 if Jasmin is there. I'm not sure if I want to see it or not. I enjoyed Sonic Boom for what it was, but I also would prefer a more serious Sonic show, and I'm honestly hoping future Sonic Boom games and products aren't happening since I'd like to see the main branch of the franchise receive full focus. This will be an interesting SXSW. 

Same here man.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

I don't see why season 3 can't be a happy blend of comedy and serious though. Season 2 already took some steps in that directions in terms of upping the action scenes and occasionally presenting a very high stakes plot, so season 3 could easily continue that trend with relaxing/light moments and/or episode interspersed throughout the season to keep stuff from getting too serious. Especially since the show has proven itself despite Rise of Lyric (which came out four years ago), so the RoL stigma probably won't make injecting some seriousness more difficult than it needs to be anymore.

Yet again, there's no guarantee of anything. So who knows?

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1

More serious shows will come in the future (by the way there are the comics for that, as well), but right now it's Sonic Boom time to shine, so it's either renewed or cancelled.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

I'm predicting the confirmation of a season 3 if Jasmin is there.

Turns out the big reveal is that the Sonic doll will be sold at the SEGA shop.

• Chuckle 5

I don't care either way, it can die or live. I have few reasons to wish for both options.

But remember, just because Boom dies now,  it doesn't automatically mean new cartoon is coming.  It's been around 10 years between X and Boom, and Sonic's popularity didn't exactly get better since then.

• Thumbs Up 4