Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, DabigRG said:

Really now?

Yup. I mean, SegaSonic the Hedgehog was AM3 so that's an indicator, but their designer was Kusonoki, not anyone in Sonic Team. 

In fact, the only recurring modern Sonic character who wasn't created by anyone in Sonic Team now is Espio. 

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yup. I mean, SegaSonic the Hedgehog was AM3 so that's an indicator, but their designer was Kusonoki, not anyone in Sonic Team. 

In fact, the only recurring modern Sonic character who wasn't created by anyone in Sonic Team now is Espio. 

What about Charmy? Isn't he from Manga.... and Amy, when you think about it?

I guess they all we re-made by someone from Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

What about Charmy? Isn't he from Manga.... and Amy, when you think about it?

I guess they all we re-made by someone from Sonic Team.

That's a point that's up in the air. While we do know they had different looks for their debut in the manga, they also got again different looks that looked way closer to their game counterparts within the same pages. For all we know, Sonic Team made them first, then the Manga adapted them with a different look, then the Manga did strips with their actual designs at the time. 

Both Amy and Charmy are credited to Hoshino. Everything said about Amy suggests she was created from the ground up for CD, not adapted from the Manga (The fact she was designed with Oshima's tastes in mind, the fact that she was intended to not be a serious love interest which she is in the Manga thanks to Nikki crushing on her). Ditto goes for Charmy who's even more different. 

I think the main thing to bear in mind is that these guys don't take credit for other people's work. If Amy was done by the Manga and remade for CD, Hoshino would still credit the Manga designer. 

32 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

That's a point that's up in the air. While we do know they had different looks for their debut in the manga, they also got again different looks that looked way closer to their game counterparts within the same pages. For all we know, Sonic Team made them first, then the Manga adapted them with a different look, then the Manga did strips with their actual designs at the time. 

Both Amy and Charmy are credited to Hoshino. Everything said about Amy suggests she was created from the ground up for CD, not adapted from the Manga (The fact she was designed with Oshima's tastes in mind, the fact that she was intended to not be a serious love interest which she is in the Manga thanks to Nikki crushing on her). Ditto goes for Charmy who's even more different. 

I think the main thing to bear in mind is that these guys don't take credit for other people's work. If Amy was done by the Manga and remade for CD, Hoshino would still credit the Manga designer. 

So Charmy was created for games in 1991/2 but wasn't actually used for few years? Weird.

Possibly.

And it's not infeasible since Vector was created in 1990 and not used until Chaotix...which was more use than his bandmates got. 

Then again, with the modern policy of ignoring what Chaotix did for the modern iterations, I wonder if their use in Chaotix was even kosher. 

Can anyone confirm that the writing staff of Sonic Boom is writing Sly Cooper, because that's what I'm hearing on Twitter. This could explain why Sonic Boom Season 3 hasn't been announced yet, but I didn't think it took this long to replace certain staff members.

Red Fox, Mario the Plumber is a internet troll known for:

1. calling everyone who likes Modern Sonic and/or Nintendo autistic

2. making fun of the japan tsunami for the mere fact that the japanese redisigned Sonic.

3. Screaming EXTREMLY LOUD

But he isn't nearly as bad as Chris Chan tho.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It seems Sega was unhappy with what CN did to Sonic Boom's scheduling, if this is true, Sonic Boom should be coming to a new channel, which should be announced later this year. With this meaning Season 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

It seems Sega was unhappy with what CN did to Sonic Boom's scheduling, if this is true, Sonic Boom should be coming to a new channel, which should be announced later this year.

It's weird that Sonic Boom could end up moving to the same channel as MLP

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What channel is that, Nick, Disney or a different channel that might treat the show better than CN? Now if it moves to Nick, we might have a similar scheduling problem involving Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents. Disney doesn't have very many video game shows except Pac-Man which hasn't aired since 2015. But whatever channel it comes to I hope it's the same as Sly Cooper.

3 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

What channel is that, Nick, Disney or a different channel that might treat the show better than CN? Now if it moves to Nick, we might have a similar scheduling problem involving Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents. Disney doesn't have very many video game shows except Pac-Man which hasn't aired since 2015. But whatever channel it comes to I hope it's the same as Sly Cooper.

Discovery Family. I remember Hoshi-no-Usagi (a fanaritist) made art of Sonic Boom x MLP

https://hoshinousagi.deviantart.com/art/Knuckles-and-Fluttershy-Rip-infinite-jump-glitch-542169650

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Discovery Family. I remember Hoshi-no-Usagi (a fanaritist) made art of Sonic Boom x MLP

https://hoshinousagi.deviantart.com/art/Knuckles-and-Fluttershy-Rip-infinite-jump-glitch-542169650

Discovery was mentioned as one of the channels Sega wants to put Sonic Boom on, according to the Reddit post. Which I am surprised no ine else is taling about this, it was posted back in January, now I know things could've been looked over, but this has to be proof. Also explains why Sega didn't say anything about Boom during the Sonic SXSW 2018 Panel this past Friday.

16 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

It seems Sega was unhappy with what CN did to Sonic Boom's scheduling, if this is true, Sonic Boom should be coming to a new channel, which should be announced later this year. With this meaning Season 3.

Wait, so SEGA are actually calling shenanigans on Cartoon Network's bullshit?

NICE!

15 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Oh snap, really? That's...I don't know what that is adjective-wise, but that's bound to drum up some interest/publicity.

43 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, so SEGA are actually calling shenanigans on Cartoon Network's bullshit?

NICE!

Oh snap, really? That's...I don't know what that is adjective-wise, but that's bound to drum up some interest/publicity.

Or, it could just be re-runs. 

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

According to that article, they are apparently considering getting a new team together to write a third Season. Only time will tell if that succeeds.

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

According to that article, they are apparently considering getting a new team together to write a third Season. Only time will tell if that succeeds.

Also according to the article, that later this year is when Sega will announce something. Maybe at E3 2018 in June.

14 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Possibly, but usually a channel/ network change results in new episodes and re-runs. Examples Dreamworks Dragons (CN to Netflix), Pac-Man (Disney to Netflix) and Sonic Boom Season 2 (CN to Boomerang), just to name a few.

• Nice Smile 1

I hope it doesn’t move to Discovery Kids, I have no way of watching that channel. I hope it goes to Disney XD or Hulu.

• Nice Smile 1

If season 3 does happen, they really should add a guest star or two. No one too expensive, but well known in the VA industry, eg. Tara Strong. 

• Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

If season 3 does happen, they really should add a guest star or two. No one too expensive, but well known in the VA industry, eg. Tara Strong. 

Yes we need more returning characters, but I think we at least need a new main character to join either Team Sonic or Eggman like Blaze or Rouge. Silver, Shadow, Metal and Vector would work just fine as guest characters.

• Thumbs Up 3