Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Boom (Cartoon Network - Fall 2016, Untagged Spoilers for Season 2) - Season 2 Finale

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Just got done watching some season 2 episodes on Hulu, and they look great. It's great to finally see these episodes in HD. I haven't had any quality issues yet, unlike watching Boomerang on Sling TV. One thing that bugs me about watching it on Hulu, is how CN has their logo stamped across it. It feels so wrong, since CN basically left that show to die, and refused to show it on their network. Now all of a sudden, they think they can proudly stamp their branding across it? I really hope season 3 happens, but isn't a part of CN's line up. It would be great to see the show do better somewhere else, and have CN regret neglecting the show. 

That is odd though, but nothing worth getting upset over. Personally, I think Disney XD could be a better channel for Boom.

16 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I’ve been binge watching Sonic Boom season 2 all day long. I’m so glad this season was added to Hulu. I really hope we get a season 3, and I hope it can get treated better than what CN did to the poor show.

It'll probably help with making the show popular. 

tumblr_ozpdav5SCO1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

It’s funny what kind of details you can miss from previous episodes of Sonic Boom (especially since most of season 2 didn’t air in HD at first.) I just now noticed in the episode “Three Minutes Or Less”, how Amy was wearing a referee whistle, when Sonic and Knuckles were rough housing. Easy to miss, yet still a funny little detail. 

6 hours ago, SpongicX said:

tumblr_ozpdav5SCO1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

It’s funny what kind of details you can miss from previous episodes of Sonic Boom (especially since most of season 2 didn’t air in HD at first.) I just now noticed in the episode “Three Minutes Or Less”, how Amy was wearing a referee whistle, when Sonic and Knuckles were rough housing. Easy to miss, yet still a funny little detail. 

Any other little details you found?

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Any other little details you found?

Not quite, but there is one thing I can point out about Eggman the Video Game Part 1, but it wasn’t too hard to find. During the part where everyone is in line for Tommy Thunder’s new game, you can see a poster of Tommy giving  a pose that resembles Sonic’s pose from the original Sonic The Hedgehog box art.

It’s not hard to find, but I don’t recall anyone pointing that out yet.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Is it just me or did it seem like Wally Wingert (Cubot's VA) did the most voices in the show?

Hard to say, I felt most of the cast had a lot of voices. I will say Wally played most of the newcomers from season 2. I’d say Sticks’s and Tails’s voice actresses had the least amount of voice extras. Roger, Bill, Mike, Travis, Wally, Cindy, and Kirk played a lot of minor characters. Cindy practically played almost every female voice in the show, with a few exceptions from Nika and Tails’s voice. Roger played practically every announcer or robotic voice in the show.

It’s funny how some voices are easy to recognize, while others are shocking to find out. I never would have guessed Orbot, Shadow, and Barker were the same voice for instance, yet it was obvious that Amy and Mombot, or Eggman and Bolts were the same voice.

Just now, SpongicX said:

Hard to say, I felt most of the cast had a lot of voices. I will say Wally played most of the newcomers from season 2. I’d say Sticks’s and Tails’s voice actresses had the least amount of voice extras. Roger, Mike, Travis, Cindy, and Kirk played a lot of minor characters. Cindy practically played almost every female voice in the show, with a few exceptions from Nika and Tails’s voice. Roger played practically every announcer or robotic voice in the show.

It’s funny how some voices are easy to recognize, while others are shocking to find out. I never would have guessed Orbot, Shadow, and Barker were the same voice for instance, yet it was obvious that Amy and Mombot, or Eggman and Bolts were the same voice.

Yeah, I think Nika only did like 4 or 5 characters throughout the entire show.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, I think Nika only did like 4 or 5 characters throughout the entire show.

It’s funny how radically different all her characters were, compared to Sticks. I never would have guessed Staci shared the same voice as Sticks. There were times where you could somewhat hear Tails’s voice in Beth the Shrew for instance. Beth basically is a girly sounding Tails with a southern accent. Oddly enough, it’s Beth who sounds more identical to Tails, and not Zooey. For looking a lot like Tails, you’d think Zooey would have sounded more like Tails, since both characters shared the same voice actress. 

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It’s funny how radically different all her characters were, compared to Sticks. I never would have guessed Staci shared the same voice as Sticks. There were times where you could somewhat hear Tails’s voice in Beth the Shrew for instance. Beth basically is a girly sounding Tails with a southern accent. Oddly enough, it’s Beth who sounds more identical to Tails, and not Zooey. For looking a lot like Tails, you’d think Zooey would have sounded more like Tails, since both characters shared the same voice actress. 

Plus, Diane the Aardvark had a pretty different voice. You've got a point about Zooey; her voice was very high and squeaky.

20 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus, Diane the Aardvark had a pretty different voice. You've got a point about Zooey; her voice was very high and squeaky.

I liked Zooey’s voice, I was just pointing out how interesting it was for Zooey to sound so different from Tails and Beth, despite being the same voice actress. Belinda and the teenage rabbit girl also sounded different from the others as well. 

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I liked Zooey’s voice, I was just pointing out interesting it was for Zooey to sound so different from Tails and Beth, despite being the same voice actress. Belinda and the teenage rabbit girl also sounded different from the others as well. 

Yeah, honestly you have to give Colleen some credit for her performances in the Staycation episode.

For Cindy, I didn't know how to feel about Perci's voice since she sounded similar to Amy and she was previously voiced by Erin Fitzgerald.

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, honestly you have to give Colleen some credit for her performances in the Staycation episode.

For Cindy, I didn't know how to feel about Perci's voice since she sounded similar to Amy and she was previously voiced by Erin Fitzgerald.

I didn’t think she sounded that much like Amy, but I will admit I liked her better in Rise of Lyric. I still like her voice in the show, but we barely hear her, or see her in the show.

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I didn’t think she sounded that much like Amy, but I will admit I liked her better in Rise of Lyric. I still like her voice in the show, but we barely hear her, or see her in the show.

I think Staci got more focus in Season 2 than Perci.

Whilst I've enjoyed both seasons, I think the odds of a 3rd are slim due to it being the only Boom related part of the franchise still going.  The only way I can see it getting a 3rd season might be with a online provider such as Hulu or Netflix. The writing in the show has been very good, especially in the 2nd season. They were able to take some aspects of the franchise and poke a bit of fun at it, that made me chuckle. Animation and Voice Acting was also very good as well. Just a pity Cartoon Network treated it the way it did.