Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Generally speaking, what are some of your favorite types of episodes?

Episodes that try to put in emotion to help balance out the comedy like Give Bee a Chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like episodes that rely on more than cheap laughs. Unfortunately, the show rarely had episodes like that, since the show preferred to treat everything like a joke...

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't they already establish that at least Mr. Freiburger wouldn't be working on the show after Season 2 and that SEGA was considering getting together a new team to do a Season 3?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

that SEGA was considering getting together a new team to do a Season 3?

Well, that rumor probably came from 4chan.

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

From here, it’ll be either a quiet death or a one-way ticket to seasonal rot. And given the low level of merch this year, it could be either or. 

It would probably be better if got a different show entirely.

Let's hope that we still get a home release of season 2 if it's the end.

There is still hope for season 3 they're not just gonna drop Boom like that especially if it keeps getting nomination . Let's not forget it got the Jimmy Kimmel Censorship thing too.

2 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

There is still hope for season 3 they're not just gonna drop Boom like that especially if it keeps getting nomination . Let's not forget it got the Jimmy Kimmel Censorship thing too.

Even then, with the old team gone, it won’t be like the previous seasons, for good or for ill. And now I wonder what the replacement show will be like...

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

Even then, with the old team gone, it won’t be like the previous seasons, for good or for ill. And now I wonder what the replacement show will be like...

We're still not sure if there will be a replacement show, but if there is then I kind of want it to be more for the Modern series.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

True but a fresh start is always good

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

True but a fresh start is always good

Not always. Sometimes brand new people have completely different views on a show and ruin what everyone loved about it in the first place.

I just got done discussing this with the Sly Cooper community and now I'm back at it here. Technicolor Animation Productions wouldn't have even bothered placing Sonic Boom onto their new Twitter and YouTube profile/banners if it was done for. Same goes for Sly they wouldn't have put Sly and The Murray on there if we weren't getting something soon and the fact that both Sonic and Sly are here tells me we might see something at E3, well maybe for the Sonic Boom part, as for Sly there's this confusion that's been going around for the past day or so on development or pre-production, which I won't get into.

Plus we have Sonic Boom just now appearing on Dutch Nickelodeon, so it's still coming to new places. So Sonic Boom isn't out of the race yet.

Now the fact that the writing team for the first 2 seasons of Boom have already left means 1 of 2 things.

1. Sonic Boom is officially done

or

2. Sonic Boom is getting a season 3, but with a new writing team potentially for a new over-arcing plot possibly and more new characters.

So yeah this is the 2nd time Freiberger said that Sega knows the future of the show, perhaps we'll find out in a few days during E3 2018, where Sonic Boom TV got a trailer back in 2014.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they would even if it's done for one good reason; it seems to be the highest profile show they've done globally (or maybe second depending on where you'd put Alvin and the Chipmunks in relation). If you want a producer to come along and potentially look you over to make their show, you'll want your boldest feathers on your cap. 

And airing doesn't work in a way that makes Dutch Nick getting airing rights mean anything realistically speaking. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Technically, the TV side's focus seems to be on Mania Adventures right now, despite them just being five 2-3 minute shorts for Youtube. I mean, that is Jasmine's whole job. 

48 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I just got done discussing this with the Sly Cooper community and now I'm back at it here. Technicolor Animation Productions wouldn't have even bothered placing Sonic Boom onto their new Twitter and YouTube profile/banners if it was done for. Same goes for Sly they wouldn't have put Sly and The Murray on there if we weren't getting something soon and the fact that both Sonic and Sly are here tells me we might see something at E3, well maybe for the Sonic Boom part, as for Sly there's this confusion that's been going around for the past day or so on development or pre-production, which I won't get into.

Plus we have Sonic Boom just now appearing on Dutch Nickelodeon, so it's still coming to new places. So Sonic Boom isn't out of the race yet.

Now the fact that the writing team for the first 2 seasons of Boom have already left means 1 of 2 things.

1. Sonic Boom is officially done

or

2. Sonic Boom is getting a season 3, but with a new writing team potentially for a new over-arcing plot possibly and more new characters.

So yeah this is the 2nd time Freiberger said that Sega knows the future of the show, perhaps we'll find out in a few days during E3 2018, where Sonic Boom TV got a trailer back in 2014.

Or maybe we get a movie to wrap things up. Or maybe they’re just really proud of Boom and keep it up as a tribute to their work. Or they’re just unaware that the plug has been pulled.

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or maybe we get a movie to wrap things up. Or maybe they’re just really proud of Boom and keep it up as a tribute to their work. 

Well I was going to mention a movie, but I thought if it didn't get another season then why would they bother anyway.

I actually discussed this on here about a month or so back, saying that a film with more action, story focused TV movie where Eggman is the main threat with Infinite by his side, even include another new character like Blaze or Silver appear with Team Sonic, Shadow, Vector and Metal.

Well, all good things have to end.

As a Sonic fan, I'm sad when anything Sonic-related dies and Boom was of good quality. But in the end I won't cry too much.

104 episodes is a pretty good length, even it those are 10 minutes. This show did everything it could, or at least it wanted to do by now. If they wanted more Sega characters/musicial episode/ super grand finale fight with Lyric/ etc they would do it by now.

Sticks is the only characters I will miss and compering that to Archie death(s) I would say it's a not that bad, especially since she has the highest chances of getting 'adopted'.

Besides, I kinda glad Boom sub-franchise is going away. Last thing this fandom needs is another faction. Looking forward to next cartoon, even if it will take another 6 or 8 years to get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Well, all good things have to end.

As a Sonic fan, I'm sad when anything Sonic-related dies and Boom was of good quality. But in the end I won't cry too much.

104 episodes is a pretty good length, even it those are 10 minutes. This show did everything it could, or at least it wanted to do by now. If they wanted more Sega characters/musicial episode/ super grand finale fight with Lyric/ etc they would do it by now.

Sticks is the only characters I will miss and compering that to Archie death(s) I would say it's a not that bad, especially since she has the highest chances of getting 'adopted'.

Besides, I kinda glad Boom sub-franchise is going away. Last thing this fandom needs is another faction. Looking forward to next cartoon, even if it will take another 6 or 8 years to get it.

I'd like the next cartoon to be toei classic Sonic style, or CGI adventure style with all the chatacters and locations.