Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

So, any news about a third season?

Nope. Pretty sure there won't be one. I want there to be but it's getting progressively unlikely. 

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Since this is back, may I ask: Why are Bygone Island and Hedgehog Village relatively lowtech?

Perhaps due to being so isolated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I just read a few things in an older post that I'm gonna present here:

1. Beth the Shrew was voiced by Colleen Villiard.
  2. Tails is apparently respected by the villagers, including the mayor?
  3. Tommy Thunder has electric powers in conjuction with a bow and arrow--wtf?
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Technicolor Animation has a new channel trailer (posted today) which features Sonic Boom. But Sonic Boom does Not appear in the coming soon portion of the video. Only Sly Cooper does.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... is it now 100% clear, that there will be no season 3. Season 2 was the final season of this series? I'm just asking because Sega never really told us the statement of this series. They just let the show die it seems. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Last episode of Sonic Boom came out over a year ago. I'm preeeetty sure it's dead.

Just let it go and start hoping for new cartoon. Maybe something with more than 6 game characters for a change.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Last episode of Sonic Boom came out over a year ago. I'm preeeetty sure it's dead.

Just let it go and start hoping for new cartoon. Maybe something with more than 6 game characters for a change.

Umm the Sonic Boom Franchise isn't dead though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys I love Boom too but it's not coming back. I want it to and the DVD's and how much it's in this trailer are nice but there's no third season coming.

Sonic Boom isn't dead, though. I really miss it because I really wished for a third season, but it's still not even working just because we waited like about 2 to 3 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ambiguity of whether it is getting renewed or not comes down to SEGA themselves admitting that they were initially gonna cancel it due to the brand not being that successful...until they saw the ratings of the TV show, particularly the sudden boost in the later parts of Season 2, and thus were considering putting together a crew to make a Season 3 now that Bill Freiburger had stepped down.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

The ambiguity of whether it is getting renewed or not comes down to SEGA themselves admitting that they were initially gonna cancel it due to the brand not being that successful...until they saw the ratings of the TV show, particularly the sudden boost in the later parts of Season 2, and thus were considering putting together a crew to make a Season 3 now that Bill Freiburger had stepped down.

Honestly if they do get another season and games to go with it I hope they do another console game but actually let it develop and put it on a console that can handle it. 

Don't get me wrong I absolutely want a third season it's just...I sincerely doubt it'll happen at this point. 

Speaking of new crew, I wonder when there's going to be a new crew for Sonic Boom so that way we could have a Season 3 of Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Tomy’s No longer the master toy license holder for Sonic, and their Boom product is possibly going unreleased. Jakks-Pacific seems to lack any Boom product so far.

Press MODE to pay respects.

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:47 PM, do a barrel roll said:

*Removed*

Ok I understand Sega isn't exactlythe most respected right now but this is entirely a "Fuck CN" alone senerio. They were the ones scheduling it like garbage and shunning it to Boomerang. 

It's the same shit they're doing with Mega Man Fully Charged which surprisingly isn't terrible but it's on super early and rerun only on Boomerang. If it's not a CN Original they don't care.

The UK got season 1 really quickly, but to be honest it looks like season 2 might be left to rot and never get a DVD release. 

Still wouldn't be the worst home media treatment to a Sonic show in the UK. 

I don't expect much of anything more from this sub-series, but if I had a choice it would be a reboot back to what Sonic Synergy was planned to be.  Keep the designs, keep a lot of the supporting cast, but make it more of an adventure, stick with the original plan to make Amy competent, keep Knuckles the strong guy but don't make him dumb, and release Sonic Synergy on the CryEngine with the cut features added back in.

28 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

stick with the original plan to make Amy hypercompetent, 

Fixed.

Nah, but seriously, what do you mean?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Fixed.

Nah, but seriously, what do you mean?

Limiting this to combat, maybe have her be the "technique" character.  Sonic's the fastest so he can hit and run.  Knuckles is the strongest so he'd be the one who can cause the most damage initially.  Tails is the tech guy so give him projectiles and buffers.  Amy could the one who whittles enemies down in melee with combos.

Broadening it to mentality, there's nothing wrong with her being an archaeologist.  She doesn't have to be an unrealistic genius, but that doesn't mean she can't be skilled at things.

17 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Limiting this to combat, maybe have her be the "technique" character.  Sonic's the fastest so he can hit and run.  Knuckles is the strongest so he'd be the one who can cause the most damage initially.  Tails is the tech guy so give him projectiles and buffers.  Amy could the one who whittles enemies down in melee with combos.

Broadening it to mentality, there's nothing wrong with her being an archaeologist.  She doesn't have to be an unrealistic genius, but that doesn't mean she can't be skilled at things.

Wasn't she sort of that?

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Wasn't she sort of that?

In the games maybe.  In the show, Amy was...a lot of things, depending on what the given situation called for.  Her intelligence and combat proficiency got altered commonly.

The combat admittedly wasn't developed in the show, it was always kinda humour and personality driven primarily. Even Knuckles' brute strength didn't seem that well demonstrated.

Amy sort of felt like the character that was meant to use her wits as much as strength or weaponry. The Fuzzy Puppy Buddies was a case of her using REALLY unexpected methods to neutralise an enemy. I suppose it could be considered the most developed use of Amy's niceness as a characteristic after that Mania Adventures episode, even if later episodes kinda Flanderized her from just being altruistic into an outright Lisa Simpson activist.

• Thumbs Up 1

So ,is it definitely dead or can we still hope for anything?

I've watched Season 2 again and boy, it gets better and better. I'm glad we got at least 2 seasons to have some fun. It was a great run. Sonic deserves everything good. 

• Thumbs Up 1