Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

But what's your evidence that this source is reliable?

Even if they are right, right now we can't just "stick to that" because it's unclear if this person has any credibility. 

I'd suggest waiting until we get an official announcement before getting your hopes up for a new season.

But he said that they just got a new writing team.

1 minute ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Alright. Who is "he" and what makes his statements credible?

• Thumbs Up 3

Look, I want a third season as much as anyone, but kiiiinda hard for me to trust a random guy whose name is their email.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

36 minutes ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Uh-huh. I can also say that Sonic Boom's getting a third season, and a new writing team.

That doesn't suddenly mean I'm telling the truth and it'll actually happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

A Season 3 is unlikely since Sega wants nothing to do with Sonic Boom since Rise of Lyric failed. 

Yeah as we all know by now if an idea fails Sega will just abandon it forever. 

Since they apparently are still working on a tier system for the franchise I wouldn't be surprised if they did a new cartoon but I doubt it'd be Boom related. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah as we all know by now if an idea fails Sega will just abandon it forever. 

Since they apparently are still working on a tier system for the franchise I wouldn't be surprised if they did a new cartoon but I doubt it'd be Boom related. 

Unless if the idea is liked and supported internally, apparently... (glances over at Zavok)

• 3 weeks later...

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/10/16/sonic-mania-adventures-animated-shorts-yukio-kusumoto-interview/

There was an interview on Comic Book dot Com with Sega's Animation head about Sonic Mania Adventures and Team Sonic Racing Overdrive and in the Interview he mentions that they came about because Boom had wrapped production and they wanted to do something different. 

So I'm sorry to say it but Sonic Boom seems to be officially dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/10/16/sonic-mania-adventures-animated-shorts-yukio-kusumoto-interview/

There was an interview on Comic Book dot Com with Sega's Animation head about Sonic Mania Adventures and Team Sonic Racing Overdrive and in the Interview he mentions that they came about because Boom had wrapped production and they wanted to do something different. 

I'm not surprised, but that is sad to hear. 

I for one loved Sonic Boom, and thought that - while the quality of the games ranged from sub-par to terrible - the cartoon and comic were really charming and had a lot of heart.

Boom Eggman is one of my all-time favorite takes on the character, narrowly beaten out by the Sonic X comic and maybe the Sonic X anime. I just love how relatable and human he was in this series; How he had actual friends, a makeshift "family" of Mom-Bot and Morpho, and an absolute plethora of episodes focusing on him as the central character. Sonic Boom was extremely kind to Eggman, giving us more Eggman-centric stories than any other iteration of the Sonic franchise. What he lacked in menace or villainy, he more than made up for in character.

So long, Sonic Boom. And thanks for the memories!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 2

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Out with a whimper... dust to dust... MODE.

What are the chances the brand will still exist in some form outside of the animated series? Probably slim.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Two seasons, a toyline, three games and a comic. All in all, I'd say it had a good run.

Thanks Sega, Archie, Tomy & Ouido!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Well, that's a bummer.

I appreciate all the good times this show brought us, but it had to end sometime. Just a shame it had to be when it was really coming into its own. Season 2 showed that there was so much promise for future plots. I really wanted to see all the cool new stuff introduced get utilized more in a third season, but I guess that's never happening now.

But I shouldn't be sad that it's over. Rather, I should be happy it happened. We all should. Thanks for everything, Boom crew.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Well, they stopped producing new episodes, so yeah, they wrapped production. I think that doesn't confirm the show is officially dead. They can always go back and make a new season and start producing more episodes again.

3 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Well, they stopped producing new episodes, so yeah, they wrapped production. I think that doesn't confirm the show is officially dead. They can always go back and make a new season and start producing more episodes again.

Or do something else with the branch, like a direct to video movie, or perhaps even more shorts since that goes over so well with Classic.

I hope Disney XD or Cartoon Network will have a deal with SEGA to premiering new CGI modern Sonic TV series in between 2020 or 2021 soon.

16 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

The shows writers and producers were tweeting about this and said in no uncertain terms that the show is over. 

21 hours ago, Sonic Warrior said:

It's nearly been three years since Sonic Boom ended, the producers and writers said the show is over, and SEGA has gone on point for saying that they want to take the series in another direction for ages now. It's dead.

SEGA can always go back and make new episodes of AoStH, SatAM, Underground, and X, but they haven't in years. They're dead shows. And Boom is now too. It was a good show, but it's obvious at this point that it isn't coming back, and SEGA have no reason to bring it back.

On another note, I edited the topic title to be a general Boom topic now.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It's nearly been three years since Sonic Boom ended, the producers and writers said the show is over, and SEGA has gone on point for saying that they want to take the series in another direction for ages now. It's dead.

I don’t really remember saying that specifically. Could you link an interview or something?

On 10/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, SBR2 said:

they wanted to do something different. 

I misinterpreted this part as coming from SEGA, when it's possibly from the Boom team.

Still, it's exceedingly obvious SEGA have gone in a different direction. The Boom reboot initiative is dead in the water and has been for years. SEGA's refocused their efforts on Classic/Modern Sonic and has been getting relative success from it. Why would they go back to Boom, a reboot that's divided amongst the fanbase, and only really had success with the toyline and show, when they could get so much more from both Classic/Modern?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

SEGA can always go back and make new episodes of AoStH, SatAM, Underground, and X, but they haven't in years. They're dead shows. And Boom is now too. It was a good show, but it's obvious at this point that it isn't coming back, and SEGA have no reason to bring it back.

On another note, I edited the topic title to be a general Boom topic now.

Actually, last episode from season 2 aired on November 18th, 2017. Not even 2 years...

1 hour ago, Sonic Warrior said:

Actually, last episode from season 2 aired on November 18th, 2017. Not even 2 years...

My mistake, but it doesn't really make any difference. My point still stands regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

I misinterpreted this part as coming from SEGA, when it's possibly from the Boom team.

Still, it's exceedingly obvious SEGA have gone in a different direction. The Boom reboot initiative is dead in the water and has been for years. SEGA's refocused their efforts on Classic/Modern Sonic and has been getting relative success from it. Why would they go back to Boom, a reboot that's divided amongst the fanbase, and only really had success with the toyline and show, when they could get so much more from both Classic/Modern?

Their ignorance of the movie and IDW speaks wonders to SEGA’s centralized approach. Yeah, Mania’s been raking in the dough, and Classic has more than likely taken Boom’s place in SeGA’s eyes.