Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

You know that vehicle you may have seen near Sonic's Shack in "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor"? Yeah, that belongs to the Blue Blur himself:

• Thumbs Up 9

Wait, you mean we're getting more mainline characters? That's really cool and totally unexpected for me! Fingers crossed for guys like Silver and Blaze, but I'd be happy with anybody really.

Sonic Boom incorporates more characters from the game universe than games based off of the games universe, more at 11. :V

Just when I had assumed the worst, CN actually pulls through and airs episodes of the show more often, not to mention that it reveals better intentions than I imagined at first. I definitely needed news like this as this week has been pretty rough for me for reasons beyond what I've expressed so far. I do have Boomerang so I will be tuning in if I see an episode on.

• Thumbs Up 9

Least even on a channel with smaller availability they can maximize viewership with a much better, later timeslot. Saturday afternoons into nights has a much better window obviously too. Plus it gets reruns on the month channel (which all intents and purposes I assume were going to factor in the numbers for individual episodes run across both within a week of it airing on both channels right?) 

Also Team Chaotix would be perfect characters for the cartoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

" Potent crystals, mercurial mecha, slick scuba gear, stylin' space suits, sharp snow supplies, custom cars, total team spirit, and of course, constant clashes with the offensive Dr. Eggman and his compelling creations fill the coffers of Sonic Boom season two."

Could this mean the return of the Chaos Ancients' Crystals?! I hope so- I really liked their design.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to hear the shows premier will get a better timeslot over there. And ooh boy, more characters from Sonic's world in Boom for Season 2? Oh man, I'm too stocked to even question how their personalities will be in the show or how they'll be handled - This is still pretty cool.

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

I kept thinking it was Tony's, not sure why but I'd think Tony would have the fortune and ego for some kind of weird cool car to flaunt around in.

Wonder what situations will call for Blue Force One ("One"??), Driving on wet muddy grounds? Going through hot areas with scorching terrain? Traversing mountains or ice?

Rouge, Blaze, Cream, and the Chaotix better be those main-series characters appearing in this season.

Also, I'll be shocked if Big doesn't appear, tbh. Seriously, they really like using him in memes and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 6

Blaze is the main one I'd like to really badly see added. After that guess I wouldn't mind seeing Rouge, The Chaotix and the Babylon Rogues as options.

However I hope any new episodes with Metal-Sonic they made are better then the first one... something more humorous with him would be cool.

Nice! Finally some good news! I'm happy to hear that we don't have to wait a month just to see the second episode (also, I'v never heard of a first episode being a sneak peak for the series, they're usually just pilots), but I'm still bummed that we won't get an episode this week though. I also find it interesting that it will be showing on boomerang (with an actual good time-slot) first, then cartoon network will follow up the week after.

Next thing, CHARACTERS FROM THE GAMES!? Welp, that's surprising. I expected that we'd never get anymore game characters anytime soon since Bill Freiberger has stated in the past that they had no intentions to do so, but here we are now. I am definitely interested to see what their new designs will be like and their personalities as well. I personally want to see Blaze and Silver the most, but the Chaotix would be the perfect fit for this kind of show and will be the easiest to transfer over.

Huh, so Sonic has his own personal car. Sweet.

"Potent Crystals" as in the Chaos Crystals from Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric? Does that mean we'll get some more lore? What are the Chaos Crystals? Can they turn SOnic and co. super? Who's Lyric and is he going to appear in the show, who were the ancients, why was there a statue of Knuckles (His species I should say) in the game? Are echidnas important somehow? I doubt all of these will be answered, but it's fun to speculate.

• Thumbs Up 1

They explained what happened with Boom season 2's opener and channel change.

Yet I still don't understand.

I still think this news kind of stinks. I wanted Cartoon Network to treat the show better, not move it to a different channel. I wanted CN itself to give it better time slots. A lot of people don't have Boomerang, and I am not spending $100 a month, just so I can have access to a channel my current $30 a month subscription to PS Vue doesn't have... I hate how I'm going to have to wait a week after it airs. I like watching stuff as soon as it's available, so I can join in on discussions of what fans liked or disliked about the episode. It's no fun to join in on the conversation a week later, when people are already done talking about it. Cartoon Network sucks... 

Yeah this doesn't sound as positive as you may think; seeing Boomarang isn't widely available on most cable/satellite providers. While it will get more a frequent run and a better overall timeslot, it's certainly not going to pull the numbers S1 made since this is a sister channel to CN. Look at what Nick did to Harvey Beaks for example.

To be fair, reruns from Boomerang are coming on Friday starting on November 19th.

What time I don't know, but I'm hoping its a good time and not yet another early morning slot.

I do worry that the show won't get as much viewership on the main channel-- at the same time, I am aware that Boomerang UK ended up having Boom as one of its top shows during Season 1's run because it actually treated the show right. Not to mention that reruns have a chance of bringing in more from people who never saw the show or heard of it before. Provided that CN plays its cards right and airs Boom at decent times, I think Boom can still manage to get at least Season 1's numbers.

So their shoving it off on a Digital Cable channel now?!

Fuck they are trying to kill this! that means the re-airings along with the first airings have to do well for a 3rd season to even be reality.

There are long term positives and negatives to this that we are all aware of; if my last two posts can be taken into consideration,. For now anyway, enjoy what S2 has in store 

I, personally, don't mind all that much, so long as I'm able to enjoy new episodes of Boom. We'll all just have to tune in and show 'em that we want more.

... ... ... 

You know, it just occurred to me that I have no idea if Boomerang UK has actually uploaded the second half of the first season yet.

It's like this series has become a black hole of information regardless as to what the cable guy decides you should receive.

Just now, Mayor D said:

... ... ... 

You know, it just occurred to me that I have no idea if Boomerang UK has actually uploaded the second half of the first season yet.

They have. I've seen episodes like It was the One Armed Hedgehog on it.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

They have. I've seen episodes like It was the One Armed Hedgehog on it.

Oh cool I had no idea, if only we had something in Europe which could have told us that, like Sega of America, but not...

We could call it Sega Europe!

• Thumbs Up 8