Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Preview pics of The Lighting Bowler Society was shown in today's stream-

tumblr_or9iho7CuN1udzlioo1_1280.png

EDIT: Apparently, Team Sonic is called the Pindashers? I heard something like that on the stream.

9 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Preview pics of The Lighting Bowler Society was shown in today's stream-

tumblr_or9iho7CuN1udzlioo1_1280.png

EDIT: Apparently, Team Sonic is called the Pindashers? I heard something like that on the stream.

The Pindashers. I see what you did there.

12 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/sonic-boom/episode-guide/EP02040281

The new episode schedule is in. Lightning Bowlers Society airs this saturday. Planes, Trains and Dude-mobiles airs next saturday. Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation airs on June 24th and Inn Sanity airs on July 1st.

I wonder if "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation" will somehow be an episode linked to "Planes, Trains, and Dude-Mobiles." Think about it, maybe while hearing Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles will be out touring as their band, Amy and Sticks realize they'll be without the guys, which is what inspires them to try and have a stay at home vacation. Chances are, they will be two non connected episodes, but it would still be a fun way to link the episodes together, both could serve as a "meanwhile" type of episode. We still don't even know if Sticks and Amy will be involved in Planes, Trains, and Dude-Mobiles, maybe Sticks and Amy will show up in the episode as fans of Sonic's band, or maybe they somehow tag along with the guys to help support/manage their tour, who knows?

12 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I wonder if "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation" will somehow be an episode linked to "Planes, Trains, and Dude-Mobiles." Think about it, maybe while hearing Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles will be out touring as their band, Amy and Sticks realize they'll be without the guys, which is what inspires them to try and have a stay at home vacation. Chances are, they will be two non connected episodes, but it would still be a fun way to link the episodes together, both could serve as a "meanwhile" type of episode. We still don't even know if Sticks and Amy will be involved in Planes, Trains, and Dude-Mobiles, maybe Sticks and Amy will show up in the episode as fans of Sonic's band, or maybe they somehow tag along with the guys to help support/manage their tour, who knows?

This is what I was also thinking!

I also think that the Staycation episode might be the Evan Stanley episode. Remember that one post Drawlala posted, and Stanley reblogged it, remarking that was a accurate prediction or something...

5 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I also think that the Staycation episode might be the Evan Stanley episode. Remember that one post Drawlala posted, and Stanley reblogged it, remarking that was a accurate prediction or something...

What was Drawlover's post again?

6 hours ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

What post?

Hot off the Sonic Tumblr keyboard, here are the preview images for "Lightning Bowler Society":

tumblr_orb4j51Yk21u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_orb4j51Yk21u5cb23o3_1280.png

tumblr_orb4j51Yk21u5cb23o2_1280.png

"When the Lightning Bolt Society rumbles in, leave it to the PinDashers to fend them off. Watch “Lightning Bowlers Society” tomorrow on Sonic Boom, airing at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #no seriously #what IS Knuckles punching? #And how can Sonic spin a bowling ball on his finger? #And why is the PinDashers such a great bowling team name? #These answers and more may forever be lost to the ether

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping I'll enjoy the Lightning Bowlers Society better, once it airs in English. I saw the French version online, and thought it looked like a dull episode.

Spoiler alerts!

I can only say I enjoyed Sticks's reaction to not knocking over enough pins. The actual episode seems pretty stupid though, when i heard they were making a bowling episode, I was excited, and looking forward to seeing an episode dedicated to showing Sonic and pals bowling, but this episode barely has bowling in it.

Judging from what the episode showed, it's mostly about the Lightning Bolts beating sonic and pals at bowling, and becoming town heroes because of it. That already is a bad start, and keeps piling on to the reasons the villagers are such dislikable characters. Sonic and pals are no longer treated like heroes, just because some wanna be loser villains beat them at bowling. Another thing that kind of bugs me about this episode, is how Amy doesn't bowl at all, and they don't even seem to give a reason for it. I wanted to see her bowl as well, not just sit there and watch...

The episode mostly centers around the Lightning Bolts being driven apart, because the tree guy falls in love with Staci Bandicoot. In the end, the Lightning Bolts decide to give up their fame, and go back to their lousy attempts at trying to be bad guys. 

I'm hoping the English dialogue can somehow make this episode funny and enjoyable, but a whole episode dedicated to the stupid Lightning Bolts just isn't a fun idea for an episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, blazefan519 said:

What was Drawlover's post again?

4 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

What post?

This one, but the link that shows the picture she drew may have broke, so go Here for the post.

On 8/14/2016 at 3:21 AM, Drawloverlala said:

Hide contents

tumblr_inline_obt31zHz0Z1tvnwm8_540.png

ayyyy :o

hehe basically i think she was talking about the description enstead of the picture.... but there goes something i guess :D heheh

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

tumblr_orb4j51Yk21u5cb23o2_1280.png

I was thinking it would be 2D drawings for the photos, but this looks ne- GET THAT SWIFTY CAMEO OFFA MA SCREEN!

New episode was okay. Not much to say to it other than its silly fun. Anyway, a future episode is written by my favorite writers on the show. Hope to be impressed. :P I can't wait to see Evans episode. I have a feeling it's approaching fast. 

Also, as of now, we're about half through this season now.

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

I was thinking it would be 2D drawings for the photos, but this looks ne- GET THAT SWIFTY CAMEO OFFA MA SCREEN!

OH SNAP IT IS HIM, been awhile since we saw Swifty. Wonder if he'll come back in the future.

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

This one, but the link that shows the picture she drew may have broke, so go Here for the post.

Good eye, I didn't even notice. 

18 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

OH SNAP IT IS HIM, been awhile since we saw Swifty. Wonder if he'll come back in the future.

Even the DJ from 9 to 5 knuckles uses his model albeit a purple color.

Just now, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Even the DJ from 9 to 5 knuckles uses his model albeit a purple color.

Yeah I remember that, but I wanna see him in the flesh...well guess not in the flesh cuz he's a robot but yeah lol.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Yeah I remember that, but I wanna see him in the flesh...well guess not in the flesh cuz he's a robot but yeah lol.

There really is no point in bringing Swify back, he was a one trick pony, and was only designed to fool everyone into thinking he was cooler than Sonic, in order to try kicking Sonic out of the village.

Everyone was eventually able to see past Swifty's charade, so what good would bringing him back do? He was not a very good rival to Sonic, and clearly couldn't keep up with him, without having a bunch of duplicates fool everyone into thinking he was all over the place. Not to mention how easy it was for Sonic to defeat an army of Swifty copies.

What good is there in bringing back a failed robot who has no further use? He can't fool anyone anymore, and he clearly can't fight.

12 hours ago, SpongicX said:

There really is no point in bringing Swify back, he was a one trick pony, and was only designed to fool everyone into thinking he was cooler than Sonic, in order to try kicking Sonic out of the village.

Everyone was eventually able to see past Swifty's charade, so what good would bringing him back do? He was not a very good rival to Sonic, and clearly couldn't keep up with him, without having a bunch of duplicates fool everyone into thinking he was all over the place. Not to mention how easy it was for Sonic to defeat an army of Swifty copies.

What good is there in bringing back a failed robot who has no further use? He can't fool anyone anymore, and he clearly can't fight.

The same can be said for every villain in the series ever lol. What was the point of bringing Nominatus back, what would be the point of bringing Metal Sonic back? All you have to do is improve on the model and boom, there ya go, they're back and better than ever.

29 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

The same can be said for every villain in the series ever lol. What was the point of bringing Nominatus back, what would be the point of bringing Metal Sonic back? All you have to do is improve on the model and boom, there ya go, they're back and better than ever.

True, but at least the other robots can put up a fight. We already know why Metal Sonic can't be used, and that's because Sega only granted permission for the crew to use Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot throughout the series.

It costs a lot extra for the crew to use any additional characters they don't have access to. The show already gets poor views, so they don't need to throw the show's budget away, by constantly using Metal Sonic or Shadow. It's not the end of the world if they're not shown, they've been absent from so many episodes, that it would feel kind of forced to see them shoved into every episode out of nowhere, like some are demanding.

Many of Eggman's robots may have been defeated, but they can still  be useful, since many of the robots are still good at their primary functions. Drill Bot is still good a drilling, Burn Bot and Evil Fireman Bot are still good at burning stuff, Ballot Stuffing Bot is still good at being organized, and Octopus bot is still good at shooting ink and causing destruction. 

Nominatus could be brought back, because he's a virus, and viruses are hard to destroy, since they can spread and multiply. There are still many ways Nominatus can be brought back as a reoccurring villain. They could make an episode where he manages to trap Eggman, Sonic, and pals into a computer, and try digitally deleting them, and the gang have to stay alert and work together to prevent being captured by Nominatus's control, while finding a way to get out of the digital realm.

There's also many ways they could bring Mark back, as an obssessive fanatic villain. They could make an episode where Eggman tries recruiting Mark as a henchmen, since Mark knows a lot of facts about Sonic, which he could use against Sonic. They could also make an episode where Mark is so desperate for Sonic, that he abducts the entire village, and tries fooling Sonic into thinking they're the last two people on the planet.

I really don't see what more they could do with Swifty though, he was designed to fool everyone into thinking he was cooler than Sonic,as a diversion, but that failed in the end. It would feel very repetitive for Eggman to try the same trick again. 

21 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

True, but at least the other robots can put up a fight. We already know why Metal Sonic can't be used, and that's because Sega only granted permission for the crew to use Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot throughout the series.

It costs a lot extra for the crew to use any additional characters they don't have access to. The show already gets poor views, so they don't need to throw the show's budget away, by constantly using Metal Sonic or Shadow. It's not the end of the world if they're not shown, they've been absent from so many episodes, that it would feel kind of forced to see them shoved into every episode out of nowhere, like some are demanding.

I mean like I said all you have to do is upgrade. Eggman's done it with a bunch of his older robot i.e. Burnbot so I can't see why he can't do that with Swifty. I've never pf that whole "Sega only gave permission to use these characters" thing. Mind providing a link?

The show only gets poor views here, just about everywhere else it's doing just fine and no one saying that they need to be shoved into every episode, at least from my perspective they haven't. I'm just saying that they could easily bring them back.

18 hours ago, SpongicX said:

I'm hoping I'll enjoy the Lightning Bowlers Society better, once it airs in English. I saw the French version online, and thought it looked like a dull episode.

Spoiler alerts!

I can only say I enjoyed Sticks's reaction to not knocking over enough pins. The actual episode seems pretty stupid though, when i heard they were making a bowling episode, I was excited, and looking forward to seeing an episode dedicated to showing Sonic and pals bowling, but this episode barely has bowling in it.

Judging from what the episode showed, it's mostly about the Lightning Bolts beating sonic and pals at bowling, and becoming town heroes because of it. That already is a bad start, and keeps piling on to the reasons the villagers are such dislikable characters. Sonic and pals are no longer treated like heroes, just because some wanna be loser villains beat them at bowling. Another thing that kind of bugs me about this episode, is how Amy doesn't bowl at all, and they don't even seem to give a reason for it. I wanted to see her bowl as well, not just sit there and watch...

The episode mostly centers around the Lightning Bolts being driven apart, because the tree guy falls in love with Staci Bandicoot. In the end, the Lightning Bolts decide to give up their fame, and go back to their lousy attempts at trying to be bad guys. 

I'm hoping the English dialogue can somehow make this episode funny and enjoyable, but a whole episode dedicated to the stupid Lightning Bolts just isn't a fun idea for an episode.

Go Staci! Tear the enemy's unity apart! That's what she could be used for; ripping the enemy apart from within as opposed to combat. And I agree that the villagers deserve Lyric or Shadow making a comeback with Sonic and the gang sitting this one out. 

I expect these character possibilities toward the end of the season; Shadow (obviously because he's confirmed), Metal Sonic (because he was going to be in Robots From The Sky Part 4 with new info, so their trying to put him in the second season), Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Espio, Lyric, D-Fekt and maybe the Werehog and Nominatus. We only got 22 episodes left (21 in about 20 minutes) to go of the season and still more multi-part episodes to be aired. Maybe a time-travel or halloween episode are also planned.

47 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Go Staci! Tear the enemy's unity apart! That's what she could be used for; ripping the enemy apart from within as opposed to combat. And I agree that the villagers deserve Lyric or Shadow making a comeback with Sonic and the gang sitting this one out. 

Spoiler Alert!

You'll be let down in the end, the tree guy ends up dumping her affection, in favor of his pathetic villain wannabe friends... In other words, Staci doesn't do anything in this episode, and gets dumped in the end...

This episode was actually pretty enjoyable. Roger in particular killed it-- he made Sonic sound totally obsessed with that rematch! Definitely a highlight and a sign that not even the Boom incarnation of Sonic takes losing well (though in a more comedic sense).

Other than Team Sonic casually enjoying fruitcake in the middle of a fight, Sticks pouncing the pins she didn't hit, Lady Goat's bowling-ball earrings, and Eggman's meta-joke, not much else stands out in terms of humor.

Episode has aired.

Sonic's obsession with that bowling rematch was hysterical. lol

I personally found The Lightning Bowlers Society to be one of the dullest episodes this season. It wasn't as bad as Tommy Thunder: Method Actor, or Strike, but it was not one of season 2's best...

The episode is about the Lightning Bolts being upset over losing, and they try to find what they are good at, which leads them to finding out they're good at bowling. Sonic and friends challenge them at bowling, but lose. That scene alone was one of the only good parts of the episode, especially when Sticks got mad and tackled the pins, leaving Sonic and Knuckles to have to drag her out of the gutter. One thing that bugged me about this episode, was how Amy was practically ignored throughout the episode, despite still being in it. It was strange to not see her bowl, or give her an excuse on why she didn't bowl. She was just there, watching. They could have addressed it better, like saying how there can only be 4 members on each team, which lead to Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks having a coin toss, only for Amy to lose. I don't know, I would have preferred seeing the whole team bowl, instead of seeing Amy sitting on the sides for no reason. 

After defeating Sonic's bowling team, The Pindashers, The Lightning Bowlers become celebrities. Sonic goes mad over the idea of losing, and demands a rematch against them a week later. The Tree Spy (now nicknamed the Chameleon) ends up falling in love with Staci Bandicoot, and Staci tries convincing him to ditch his band of villainous losers. Chameleon ends up letting Staci's manipulative talk get to him, and he chooses her over his friends, which splits the Lightning Bowlers apart. Sonic gets mad when he realizes he can't have a rematch with the Lightning Bowlers, since they're no longer a team, and he declares they need to get the Lightning Bowlers back together. (I personally don't like how Sonic was portrayed in this episode, he cares so much about winning, that he's willing to try and reform a group of former villains to keep reeking havoc on the village...)

Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks then help out with getting each former member of the Lightning Bowlers to meet up and bowl with Sonic again. However, Eggman attacks team Sonic, and it makes the Lightning Bowlers miss out on attacking team Sonic themselves. They declare they want to get back together, and reek villainy again. Chameleon then dumps Staci, and the Lightning Bowlers try attacking team Sonic, but miss their shots, and end up helping them defeat Eggman by accident. Once Eggman flees, Sonic asks for a rematch, but the Lightning Bowlers decline, and claim bowling ruined their friendship. They decide to go back to being the Lightning Bolts Society, and leave. Sonic then goes a little crazy, and fools himself into thinking he would have won a bowling rematch.

While this episode did have some funny moments, I found it rather disappointing, and boring. I do not care for the Lightning Bolts Society, so seeing a whole episode dedicated to those loser villains just wasn't very fun to sit through... I wish the episode was more about Sonic and pals just having wacky shenanigans happen while bowling, this episode barely had bowling in it, in fact. I thought this episode was a let down, and was the first bad episode to air, since "Strike". If anyone else liked it, that's fine, I'm just sharing my personal opinion of it, so don't let that change your thoughts of it. 

• Thumbs Up 2