Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I was just wondering if the new episodes are still being added to CN HD on-demand on Xfinity. Like Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4, Flea-ing From Trouble and Lightning Bowlers Society.

Staci immediately went the Yoko route, which might be a bit over the heads of the intended audience - but I'm sure some older fans watching the show would be able to appreciate that plot point for what it was. Its odd because you want to supplant Perci's personality onto Staci... but you can't. Messes with your head a little bit.

I think this episode was pretty good for one that features characters outside the main cast. Sonic's crew was still involved in the plot, and played a big enough role in driving it to its conclusion. We got to see Sonic's obsession bleed out a bit, and we get a little more depth to the lovable losers of the LB Society. Its a good gig for that bunch of misfits.

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, ... said:

Signs that Sonic Boom might get a third season:

1. There's a rumor that the show is getting a third season

2. The show is getting a Japanese dub

3. The show is doing very well in countries like France

4. The show is on Netflix outside of the US and it may come to Netflix in the US when the Hulu exclusivity deal ends

5. The show has a loyal fanbase

That's basically it but it is better then no signs of Sonic Boom Season 3 at all

I kind of wonder what it'll be like. Will it be more serious, more story driven?

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I kind of wonder what it'll be like. Will it be more serious, more story driven?

I strongly doubt it. The show's focus above all else is character-driven comedy with a sprinkling of action, and its fanbase is used to that by now. I don't think the showrunners would suddenly change course when the current direction is working.

If they are making a season three (which they most likely are), it'll probably be more of the same, just improved-- like season two is turning out to be.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good point. 

I'm wondering how the rest of season 2 will be like. I hope we get to see more of the fan favorite characters that don't appear that often.

The studio behind Sonic Boom is now officially doing the Sly Cooper TV series, also based on a game, except Sly is a Playstation Exclusive.

DCQ1q_wXcAIJ5p1.thumb.jpg.8299758b53b86e02f8a8e4ec5d801bd6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting. Maybe we can get a crossover episode in the future. So what do you guys hope happens in Season 3? I'm hoping that we get a cute TailsxZooey episode since they don't interact too much in the show. 

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Interesting. Maybe we can get a crossover episode in the future. So what do you guys hope happens in Season 3? I'm hoping that we get a cute TailsxZooey episode since they don't interact too much in the show. 

First Season 3 has to get announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really hoping Sonic Boom comes back to CN and Sly Cooper comes to CN, so that way we have two of the best video game tv shows to ever be made on one channel. Now Skylanders Academy (especially the Crash Bandicoot episodes) were pretty good, as for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures it's okay the only characters I like in that are the main four ghosts and Betrayus. Angry Birds Toons is pretty good for a mini episode 2-d cartoon, but still better than the movie, the movie was alright but not as good as Ratchet & Clank. Also I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that Rainmaker the company behind the Sly Cooper movie is no longer involved with production of the movie and will be doing it in the future. So the TV series of Sly Cooper will come first and while waiting on the movie, I'm guessing they will continue work on the Jak & Daxter movie which is still in development. Blockade Entertainment who worked on the Sly Cooper Movie is also producing the Sly Cooper TV series.

Planes, Trains and Dude-mobiles airs this saturday, and if it's true that it does follow up the battle of the boy bands episode, which wasn't all that good (and that's very rare for me to say that about anything Sonic) for two reasons. 1. Dr. Eggman was not in that episode at all, which took a lot of humor out of the show and 2. the fact that is a musical episode, I mean the opera section of Sly 3 was better and funnier than that.

The Sly Cooper TV Series plot synopsis: ``Sly Cooper follows the adventures of an irresistibly charismatic raccoon, a modern-day Robin Hood, who restores justice to his city one theft at a time. Sly is aided by his two best friends, a muscular hippo named Murray and a brainy turtle named Bentley. Hot on Sly's trail is Inspector Carmelita Fox, a morally upright cop with an unfortunate crush on the charming bandit, as well as a band of villains, each one more strange and colorful than the last. Mixing humor, action, and a remarkable cast of characters, Sly Cooper promises to be an unforgettable series". The show will probably air in 2018, hoping for fall 2017 on CN. I'm actually writing a article that covers Sonic Forces/Boom, E3 2017,Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper TV Series, Spider-Man PS4 and more over at my blog, Bluestreak. The article will be up soon.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-14-playstation-and-technicolor-working-on-sly-cooper-tv-series

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/sly-cooper-animated-series-on-the-way-from-playstation-and-pgs/046059

Neat. I've never played a Sly Cooper Game but the premise always seemed fun.

As for Season 3 of Boom man do I hope there is one. Since next year should be 25 years of Sonic Cartoons I almost hope that they announce Season three contains a special crossover with Boom Sonic and the DIC Sonics. Do like Transdimensional Turtles did in season 4 of TMNT and have the DIC Sonic's World's be Flash (Preferably Hand drawn but let's be realistic) Possibly by DHX Media and try to get as many SatAM/AoSTH/SU Voice actors they can.

I mean it 100% won't happen but I for one would dig the hell out of "Sonic Cartoon Generations"

Here's the plot summary for "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles":

And the title card for next week's episode:

This title card only strengthens the possibility of said episode taking place around the same time as the previous one. Same writers (speaking of which, TWO Denton-Hahn episodes in a row again!), same storyboarders, one episode coming the week after the other, the fact that the guys going out on tour leaves Amy and Sticks alone to do what they please.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Here's the plot summary for "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles":

And the title card for next week's episode:

This title card only strengthens the possibility of said episode taking place around the same time as the previous one. Same writers, same storyboarders.

Would be really cool.

And this tweet from Alan has pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

Also, these are the last two episodes he and Greg wrote this season. Well, that's a bummer. Ah, well, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the rest of the episodes.

14 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

And this tweet from Alan has pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

Also, these are the last two episodes he and Greg wrote this season. Well, that's a bummer. Ah, well, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the rest of the episodes.

I find it interesting that he specifically clarified "final season 2 episodes we wrote" in the comments. Season 3 confirmed?

On 6/13/2017 at 5:52 PM, RedFox99 said:

Given the success of Robots From The Sky, and the general direction the franchise is taking, I suppose so.

The Sonic Tumblr once again delivers with preview shots of "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles":

tumblr_ornmh5zOWz1u5cb23o1_1280.png

tumblr_ornmh5zOWz1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_ornmh5zOWz1u5cb23o3_1280.png

"ROAD TRIP! It’s the only way to go when your favorite band is near. And like all road trips, there are plenty of stories along the way. 

Watch “Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles” on Sonic Boom, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #sonic boom #nothing beats a road trip with your closest friends #though sketchy gas station food would derail it #never trust a chili dog from a gas station #ooof... #it does make us wonder #while these guys are out on the road #who is guarding hedgehog village

Interesting question. Obvious answer. Tune in next week?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

The Sonic Tumblr once again delivers with preview shots of "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles":

"ROAD TRIP! It’s the only way to go when your favorite band is near. And like all road trips, there are plenty of stories along the way. 

Watch “Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles” on Sonic Boom, tomorrow at 6pm on Boomerang."

And the tags: #sonic boom #nothing beats a road trip with your closest friends #though sketchy gas station food would derail it #never trust a chili dog from a gas station #ooof... #it does make us wonder #while these guys are out on the road #who is guarding hedgehog village

Darn, I was really hoping we'd actually see the guys actually take their tour to new locations, instead of passing through areas we've seen recycled throughout season 1 and 2... 

I am going to face palm, if the episode has the guys getting lost, despite the fact we've seen them run through these locations plenty of times...  I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me this episode might be anti climatic. I'm wondering if the guys will even make it to their destination, and end up performing at all? I find it strange that I'm looking more forward to Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation, than I am with this week's episode.  At least the Sticks and Amy episode doesn't seem too misleading. An episode about Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles going on a road trip doesn't sound like a bad idea, but if it's going to underwhelm things, by lazily reusing the same backgrounds, then what's the point? 

Well you need to remember that the show seems to have a tight budget so it can't really create too many new locations. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am NOT looking forward to the band episode, as said before the Dude-itude song in the last episode was atrocious and one of the worst songs i've heard by anyone, ever. Even if it was making fun of boyband music it was still terrible. One part of me hopes the song will be some epic Rush-style song but I don't think that's likely.

Added to the fact Battle of the Boybands was my least favorite episode of the entire show, with awful humor, a terribly stupid plot, sexist stereotyping (The girls like boybands and the boys like REAL rock music!), no good action scenes to make it better, and songs that don't work as parody or as good songs, ESPECIALLY the final number.

5 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Tails and Knuckles look excited but Sonic looks sad here...

1 hour ago, Fusion Force said:

Tails and Knuckles look excited but Sonic looks sad here...

I'm guessing it's due to Sonic being the impatient type. He doesn't like sitting around and waiting, so it's possible that this roadtrip is boring Sonic. I noticed that in the first screenshot, Tails is driving, but in the last screenshot, Sonic is driving. It's interesting to know that Tails won't be the only one driving. I can imagine if Knuckles took the wheel, things would go downhill, lol. 

9 hours ago, RushFan11 said:

I am NOT looking forward to the band episode, as said before the Dude-itude song in the last episode was atrocious and one of the worst songs i've heard by anyone, ever.

I feel pretty confident saying that all of the songs in that episode were designed to literally be ear rape. Nothing good was supposed to come out of that.

9 hours ago, RushFan11 said:

sexist stereotyping (The girls like boybands and the boys like REAL rock music!),

Slow your roll. Sticks specifically showed an affinity for Rock towards the end. When she wasn't under mind control mind you. Shoot, Amy and EVERY FEMALE IN THE AUDIENCE got pretty hyped over a heavy rock ballad. It clearly ended on a message that girls could get behind all kinds of music. The running joke of the entire episode is that boy band music is terrible and the only reason girls fawn over it is due to hypnotic overtones. Take that away, and their just like the dudes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyway I finished watching "FriendBot" (I'm Way behind) And it was terrible. The plot was stupid, Eggman building a robot that knows everything about Sonic could've been a great action-packed episode, but just because he sees Sonic do one nice thing he suddenly becomes his best bud? Lame. The action was one-sided and boring, and the jokes were bad, I laughed at the jab at the Sonic franchise but no other jokes in the ep were good. Overall, highly disappointing after the great Mech Suits Me.